It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uars satellite crashes back to earth

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
The whole scenario did seem a little over dramatized didn't it? Does kind of make you wonder if it was a red herring. . . The conspiracies shall commence.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

They didn't 'lose it' they knew exactly where it was, but it was tumbling, not making a smooth descent. This makes its behaviour unpredictable.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xvagrantx

If any over-dramatisation was done, it was by people on sites like this one.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingSpaghettiMonster
reply to post by xvagrantx

If any over-dramatisation was done, it was by people on sites like this one.

Can't say I disagree with you. There are a lot of overactive imaginations, but I'm sure some of those are also very brilliant. Makes for an interesting read either way.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Well looks like Gadaffi missed.

SOOOOOO surprised.

Or did he ?
Plutonium sprays of the Earth are easy , and disguised as satellite rentry?
Lets keep an eye on cancer spikes in areas of the descending orbit path and many wind sept miles beyond.

Wonder why this thing has been hyped?

Mmm lets just wait nothing is known yet.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Best way to find the pieces will be Ebay.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Calex1987

Imagine your a satellite streaming to Earth. NASA uses radar to track you from NORAD. Once beyond the curve of the Earth the radar loses the ability to track. ( unless they also used other satellites to track but there was no mention of this at all, just the NORAD radar.) Lets say there are a number of radar installations around the world helping NASA track this but they cannot cover all of the earths surface. The satellite drops even lower to the earth and breaks up more making any radar have a harder time getting good readings and passes into a zone thats not covered by radar. Soon without NASA knowing exactly were to look they lose it.

All of the tracking you may have seen on websites were not real live tracking data from the satellite itself. They were simulations based on known factors and orbit predictions. It's not like the satellite was sending out a signal they could home in on and track - ( or if they could, they didn't show us) and once the craft burned up to a certain degree they would lose that anyway.

It looks as if UARS made one full orbit after NASA lost it before they confirmed it was not in anyone's skies anymore.

This is my understanding. If I'm wrong, someone will be along shortly to correct me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

thanks man
for a second i thought it was just a satelite
thanks for setting me straight

edit on 24-9-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Uncomfirmed reports that some pieces may have landed south of Calgary

www.reuters.com...

Hahaha that is SO cool! I live in Calgary, and drive through Okotoks all the time on trips to the mountians..

And Okotoks isn't a town, it's a city... small city, but still.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swifty57
Dear Uncle Sam come pick up your junk. A Canadian.

Pfft, whoever finds it should sell it back to them... But then again, they can't afford it, and would probably just blow us up to get it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Being Bless you, jibster.

Being bless you..

Being, what a rotten phrase, being sake...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

Your most welcome...The point being "it was presented as a satellite"...so when millions die, they can say UARS must have harboured a virus mutation caused by contaminated launch.

The whole world will have swallowed the virus anyway and died, the survivors will just live looking at the night sky in dread just like the ancients did.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I know an RAF base here in Yorkshire, UK was tracking it.....so if loads of such bases around the world were doing same....and 'talking to each other' then they must ave had a pretty darn good idea where it was going to come down.
www.canada.com...
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
are U sure it has crashed????

my info says it is still 78 miles in the sky...

and travelling at nearly 5 miles per second....

see: www.infosatellites.com...

seeya

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Ha ha, according to the telstra news website "they don't know exactly where it landed."
This is NASA were talking about here right?? The same guys that sent men to the moon, the same guys that sent two rovers to Mars, some of the brightest people in the world...
Either it's landed somewhere sensitive, or it's a bit of a faux pas to keep us looking up, the old keep em entertained while stealing their wallet trick.
Hate to say it but they know EXACTLY where it landed, it's either embarrassing for them to admit, or there's something else going on.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The .line should read: The USA lost a Satellite with a nuclear power core
?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
Uncomfirmed reports that some pieces may have landed south of Calgary

www.reuters.com...

That puts the me within the possible debris field.

Didn't see nothing here.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I couldn't find any info on if it had an RTG or not, but wiki reckons it has normal batteries.

3 year lifespan, low orbit, standard batteries? Doesn't add up to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why is it, that people keep linking the live feed with the satellite still up there? But NASA says it came down?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Well done DOD, using NASA's UARS as a pawn to distract the sheeple from bigger things that will be happening in the next few days is genius!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join