It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everything you want to know about Denver International Airport

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I know there are posts about D.I.A on ATS but i havent found any of them this detailed. Story of the construction, its underground facilities and analysis of the murals. Definitely worth to read.

DIA was built with 50,000 of fiber-optics, 10,000 miles of copper, and was over budget more than 3 times the original amount. It is one thing for a $1.7 Billion airport to be off a few hundreds million, but to be at almost $5 billion on completion, that's just a joke. Clearly something else is there, the question is what? Investigations into fraud were conducted but most thought it was, when in reality, it was probably just "cover" for another purpose for construction that could not be disclosed. That is why NO ONE went to jail for fraud, and ALL of the Denver media, for many years, reported on what we all thought was embezzlement and fraud. Bare in mind that when they built the airport, the first tram system underground was cancelled during construction and they built a new one. The baggage system was also "redone." Also, a Denver Post article stated that a 6-story building was built with "Errors" and they decided to "bury" the building rather than demo it. WHO BURIES A BUILDING?

Source

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by belsoember

That is a LOT of detail.

Will take a while to get through, but I will read it.

DIA has been an interest of mine since I first saw the Masonic keypad.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

Masonic Keypad

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   

according to this guy from forbes, the base under it has been destroyed.

hence the earthquake

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Air vents and miniature cooling towers, described as being part of the ventilation and exhaust system, jut-out of the ground across the barren surrounding acreage. But, since they occur so far from the terminals in such remote parts of the barren property, some researchers are led to ask, "Ventilation and exhaust from where?"

Yeah, these are called culverts, you can see the drainage system all through DIA.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

This is a strange place with very strange facts.....

Interesting to say the least, I find the poem gets me thinking a little

And, finally the sheet of paper, the Child's Poem, in the bottom right corner:

I was once a little child
who longed for other worlds.
But I am no more a child
for I have known fear.
I have learned to hate ...
How tragic, then, is youth
which lives with enemies,
with gallows ropes.
Yet, I still believe
I only sleep today.
that I'll wake up, a child again,
and start to laugh
and play.

Hama Herchenberg, 14 years old Died December 18, 1943 Auschwitz Concentration Camp

This dosn't make sense to be written by a child of 14

to me, it looks like its been written by an adult trying hard to write through the mind or eyes of a child that suffered/perished in Auschwitz....imho

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
There are a lot of strange things about the Denver International Airport (hereafter, DIA), but the article linked by the OP does a fine job of presenting a lot of misinformation, and presenting a lot of fairly normal information as though it was earth-shatteringly strange.

Let's start with the fact that the article contradicts itself.

From the fifth paragraph:

DIA was built with 50,000 of fiber-optics, 10,000 miles of copper, and was over budget more than 3 times the original amount.

From the "Some more interesting facts" section, bullet point 2:

The airport has a fiber optic communications core made of 5,300 miles of cable. That's longer than the Nile River. That's from New York City to Buenos Aires, Argentina. The airport also has 11,365 miles of copper cable communications network.

Which is the correct amount of cable? It's bad enough when multiple sources aren't consistent, but when an author can't even agree with himself, it seems a bit suspect.

There are also places where the article flat-out disagrees with reality.

From the text below the third photograph:

The airport was built in 1995 on 34,000 acres (53 square miles; 137.593 Sq.km) in spite of the fact that Denver already had what everyone said was a perfectly fine airport - Stapleton - which was ordered closed when DIA was built so there "wouldn't be any competition".

That would be the "perfectly good airport" that suffered from inadequate runway separation? The one that faced a lawsuit from a nearby community because of noise? The one that couldn't expand, and faced a legal battle over a desired runway extension? Sounds like a great place, doesn't it? Stapleton was a very convenient airport, but that was about its only virtue by the time it was closed.

And, once more from the "Some more interesting facts" section. Final bullet point

The entire roof of DIA is made of 15 acres of Teflon-coated, woven fiber glass. The same material is on the inside as a layer, also. The place looks like a bizarre (but kind of cool) scene out of "Dune", comprised of huge, spiked tent-like structures. The material reflects 90% of the sunlight and doesn't conduct heat. So you can't see into the place with radar or see heat signatures.

The fiberglass roof won't show up very well on radar...that much is true, and it's the reason that the weather shields over most radar antennas that have them are made of fiberglass. The metal supports holding up the roof, however, and the polished granite floor underneath that roof will show up perfectly well, as will the very conventional vertical walls. I don't know where the part about 'can't see heat signatures' came from...I've worked with IR cameras and film, and fiberglass doesn't do anything to stop thermal images unless there's a lot of insulation behind it...in which case, it's the insulation, not the fiberglass.

Moving on to the "Things that are normal, but are presented as strange" department:
The several miles of optical / copper cable may sound like a huge number, but for a large commercial complex, the presented numbers don't seem that high...single aircraft can have several hundred miles in a single airframe.

Same section, bullet point three:

The fueling system can pump 1,000 gallons of jet fuel per minute through a 28-mile network of pipes. There are six fuel hold tanks that each hold 2.73 million gallons of jet fuel. This is somewhere in the "no one will ever ever need this much" range.

Sounds like a lot of jet fuel...and it is, until you divide it by the 50,000 gallons that a Boeing 747 can take on. It's about 500 full refuels for a 747. 50-100 commercial flights a day (probably a low estimate), plus the demands of feeder / commuter flights and civil aviation could easily go through that supply in less than a week. It might be amusing to look up total fuel bunker capacity for Dallas-Fort Worth or O'Hare, or Sky Harbor for comparison purposes.

There are also a lot of 'conspiracy proofs' that the article explains on its own...you can't say that huge overruns in cost are covering up some secret, then spend half your article discussing contractor fraud, and massive redesigns during construction.

As I noted at the top, there are, indeed strange things here...plenty of them. So many, in fact, that we don't need to create more out of sensationalism and / or whole cloth.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Brilliant. Starred and flagged. I just read the whole of that article in your link. It was quite fascinating, actually.
It seems obvious to me that there is a lot more to that place than meets the eye, and if they've gone to that much trouble to hide whatever it is, then it probably ain't nothing good.

I happen to have a road atlas of North America which includes city maps at the back. Denver Airport premises seem to cover an area almost as big as Denver itself (excluding all the outlying urban sprawl). That's a pretty bloody big airport, considering they already had a perfectly decent one.

Now I want to try and find out about some of these other big airports, including one or two on my side of the pond.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Brother Stormhammer

Thanks for you and Chadwickus pointing out those things. I am not a technical person and i dont know much about these things, but Denver is in the middle of interest these days and i felt a strong urge to share this article.

The poem quoted by zerozero00 also caught my eyes. I was thinkig for minutes and i tried to imagine a poor little girl behind a fence.

Strange place.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
now take a look at the Harkins Space Theater from the air..the alien the all seeing eye,the kabala tree..plain as day.
the other theater in denver is the Mayan...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Even though the area is basically flat (with a stunning view of mountains all around, since it's in a valley), the expense and time was taken to extensively lower some areas and raise others. They moved 110 million cubic yards of earth around. This is about 1/3rd of the amount of earth they moved when they dug out the Panama Canal.

It has a Masonic symbol on it, and it also has very unusual geometric designs. An arm rises up out of it that curves at a 45 degree angle. It also has a thing that looks like a keypad on it. This capstone structure is made of carved granite and stainless steel, and it is very fancy.This little keypad area at the end of the arm has an out-of-place unfinished wooden block sitting on it. The gentleman that was with me on the first trip out to the airport has since died. They say he committed suicide, but everything else tells me that this is not possible. No one can double-tie a catheter behind his own neck and strangle himself. His name was Phil Schneider, and he started blowing the whistle on all this stuff going on in the underground bases that he had helped build for years and years. He worked on the underground bases at Area 51 and Dulce, New Mexico, as well as several other places. Schneider told me that this keypad-looking area looked like a form of techno-geometry that is alien-oriented, and that it had something to do with a "directional system", whatever that meant, that functioned as a homing beacon to bring ships right into the Great Hall. In the same general area on this capstone, there are some most unusual designs on the floor that are all Masonic in nature, which lead right back to the Black Sun" *.

Well, the gentleman that I was dealing with, Phil Schneider, said that during the last year of construction they were connecting the underground airport system to the deep underground base. He told me that there was at least an eight- level deep underground base there, and that there was a 4.5 square mile underground city and an 88.5 square-mile base underneath the airport. It is very unusual that they would allot a 50 square-mile area on the surface at which to locate an airport in the middle of nowhere unless they really planned to use it for something very unusual later. There is a 10-mile, 4-line highway out to this airport, and there is nothing out there in between the airport and Denver. Not even a service station, at least in September 1995.

Chain link barbed wire fences and biological suits?

In addition, there are areas in the underground that have chain-link fences with the barbed wire tops pointed inward, like they were there to keep people in, not keep people out. All these areas are there, acres of it, and none of it is in active use. There are many terraced areas that go down. One area in particular is forbidden to go into unless you are wearing a biological protective suit. They say there is some kind of "unidentified biological fungus" in that area that attacks people's lungs.

Who buries whole buildings?

I think a lot of the people saw things that disturbed them so much that they would not talk about it. I know several people who worked on the project that managed to find their way down into the depths, probably close to the deep underground base, and saw things that scared them so badly they won't talk about it. I interviewed a few of the former employees on these construction crews that worked out there on these buildings that ended up buried, and they are afraid to talk.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

Very interesting interview

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tinker9917

I can take a shot at two more of the oddities...though I will confess up front that these are opinion and speculation based on things I've seen, or that members of my immediate family have done (lots of building-trades and construction types).

Why do all the earth moving and leveling when you've already got a "mostly level" site? Three reasons come to mind. One is the difference between "mostly level" and actually level. Second is to back-fill over buried anything...be it buildings (or perhaps, more accurately, structures), conduits, or service tunnels that are intended to be below grade. Third is to allow the soil to be compacted or stabilized before you build on it. You'll see a lot of this sort of sculpting and prep work at any construction site, and on one the size of a major airport, I'd expect to see a *lot* of it.

As for "who buries buildings"...at risk of sounding like a smart***, any contractor that builds underground parking or service facilities. A lot of commentary and speculation has been offered about the extensive underground baggage handling and service network under DIA...I'd wager that a lot of the buried structures and tunnels are part of that. I know first-hand that Lambert Field in St. Louis has a surprisingly deep and complex 'underside', which may or may not support the above conjecture.

As for the 'Masonic Keypad' (or whatever the *** it is), the odd arrangement of runways, and the murals, as they say in Philly, "I got nothin'.".

As for the huge underground city / base / whatever, I'm highly skeptical about the whole 'underground cities' thing, particularly since it strikes me as rather silly to build a major construction project right on top of one that you wanted to keep secret. That seems a bit reckless, bordering on self-defeating, to be honest.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
reply to post by LearnedToPlayNice

Masonic Keypad

Masonic Keypad!

top topics

join