It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elenin is HUGE! 3 days of darkness is possible?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

the pictures is from Today???

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sabalsis1972

yes, that is a picture of the sun from today, I think you took a picture of sunspots.

Sunspot complex 1302 is incredibly easy to spot at sunrise or sunset," says Posavec. "Be careful, though. Even the low-hanging sun is bright enough to damage your eyes if you look at it through optics of any kind.

www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

...maybe there are but with binoculars were like planets perfect spheres , the big one with wings, an seems like were in front of the sun < maybe optical illusion ??....verry scared belive me ..there looks like planets in front of the sun!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabalsis1972
reply to post by Hellhound604

..no there were spheres not spots, yes the position is correct from big to small, in diagonal pozition on the sun

in white light it would look like spheres, esp. with your naked eyes, but the spots I showed was taken in Ha light, that makes the sunspots look more like, well, sunspots, lol ......

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I am quietly for now , sorry for my alert post, i was confused by having no special tools (only binoculars),my observations was correct and a was scared that those sun spots were planets ,(really in that moments there were),i was not aware about the complex of 3 sun spot , now i am convinced but to see with binoculars !!, such a spectacular view it is once in my life!!...i hope that will not bring to us a giant CME !!!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by Hellhound604

But could YU55 cause 3 days of darkness since it will come between the earth and moon in Nov.
it is large and looks more like a planet also...photo here..
www.space.com...

No. While it appears to pass below the moon's orbit, it doesn't come between the earth and moon.
check the animation here
www.jpl.nasa.gov...
article
blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
I will post photographs only no one offered to give me some instruction and when I tried to upload there was a message that stated upload temporarily disabled.

I have some photographs - Elenin is a small red dot but to the naked eye she is visible.

I forgot to state which direction - roughly east I think.

Much Peace...

Did you try
Tools
ATS upload
follow direction on that page

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Amanda5

Are you going to bring on those pictures then? Still waiting and intrigued. If you can't figure out how to upload them here, or keep getting error messages, chuck 'em on photobucket or something... at least then we could see whatever it is you're talking about... then phage could set about telling you why you're wrong, how you're wrong, and how you can go about not being wrong in the future..

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by shasta9600

Originally posted by LearnedToPlayNice
If elenin is that small it would have to be darned close to block out the sun.

Wonder if it could?

The tail is what has potential to block the sun

Were you alive in 1997 for Hale Bop? Do you remember how devastating and eerie that looked to us in the night sky? I was scared back then I must admit, I could see that bastard without my glasses even.

This Elenin is practically invisible to us, and Hale Bop was further away at 1.3 AU at it's closest approach to Earth. Do the basic math and see the difference and the fear mongering.
edit on 24-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by alien because: (no reason given)

I remember that comet, i thought it was a great event, and that i was lucky
enough to see it in the Northern sky.

I wasn't scared of it, why would i be. it was never going to hit us either.

People need to calm down.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This thread is in wrong section. Should be at Skunkworks. You guys really think that huge object that is capable to bring 3 days of darkness goes in our solar system without causing gravitational catastrophe.

Also notice that Elenin never comes closer than 100 Lunar distances, so it must be bigger than Jupiter or maybe bigger than Sun to cause this eclipse.

You guys must be joking right?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sabalsis1972
reply to post by WhoDat09

...maybe there are but with binoculars were like planets perfect spheres , the big one with wings, an seems like were in front of the sun < maybe optical illusion ??....verry scared belive me ..there looks like planets in front of the sun!

If you were looking at the sun through binoculars you wouldn't have any retinas left. I call shenanigans.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Were you alive in 1997 for Hale Bop? Do you remember how devastating and eerie that looked to us in the night sky? I was scared back then I must admit, I could see that bastard without my glasses even.

Comet Hale-Bopp didn't look devastating and eerie at all, it looked ethereal and beautiful. Why were you scared of a comet, were you born in the Middle Ages or something? You should have been fascinated by it. I know I was, I was out there every possible night with my binoculars following its progress.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by radpetey
reply to post by stereologist

If I am not mistaken, it is an old Catholic prophecy.

When I was younger my mom told me this tall tale.....almost caused me to soil meself

However, I have seemed to overlook the Egyptian connection
....maybe there is a little bit more to this story that I have so carelessly overlooked.

www.catholicplanet.com...
edit on 24-9-2011 by radpetey because: (no reason given)

Also revelation 6:12 says the sun will be darkened and the moon become red a blood. Sounds kind of Volcanic.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny
Well it is now the 25th. It should definitely be acting on our planet already. It's alignment is tomorrow. If other theories are right, this thing doesn't need to be 100 percent inline with us to do something. Not looking promising for it bringing doom to Earth.

The alignment is on the 27th (the day after tomorrow)
If the comet has not "disintegrated" it should be between the sun, moon, and earth on the 27th!

I have been led now to believe that comet Elenin does not exist

Even its founder Mr. Elenin has been made up!
Why??
I do not know

Thank you all (the supporters and offenders) for posting your thoughts!

Have a good day

edit on 25-9-2011 by SunShineKid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by McGinty

The size of the shadow is dependent on the size of the light source and the size of the object. Since the Moon in your example is smaller than the Sun, the shadow of the Moon is always smaller than the Moon.

Try drawing some circles and tangent lines to see what happens.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by phantomjack

Is there anything that has happened that suggests Elenin is not a comet? Is there something that makes you want to go out on a limb?

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alienzombie666

1. Density does not matter
2. The mass of Elenin was insufficient to alter the motions of asteroids to allow an estimate of its mass. Thus it is a small mass.
3. Elenin cannot block a CME. It is too small.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The thing to watch for here is what is the effect on sun spots, this alignment will have.

We should see some great Northern Light displays over the next few days. I have rarely seen good ones so with clear skies I will need to have a peek later on this week.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SunShineKid

So Elenin has gone from being large enough to blocking out the Sun for three days to not existing at all? Why can't people just accept that this was a simple comet? The pictures say it was a comet. Professional and amateur astronomers say it was a comet. Our physics say it was a comet. So please explain to me why this just can't be a comet.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: I have lost all ability to punctuate correctly.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I must say,why is this still an issue.
I have been holding my tongue,but I can not do it any longer.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join