It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Many Fellow ATS'ers are Prepared for the Scenarios that May Occur Over the next Few Months?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pryingopen3rdeye

I've seen that video and I'm pretty sure the solution was to buy lead sheets and mold a helmet over your brain. Here's a site that sells lead sheets. catalog.miniscience.com...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
If anyone is having difficulty coming up with a list of the basics for survival, let me know and I'll try and find time to post them tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
What's supposed to happen? I got some extra beds and blankets in case guests arrive. The kids here don't expect anything for Halloween and there's no cemetary close by for Dia de los Muertos. If power goes out and things go offline I have a few thousand pesos aside for cash purchases, extra batteries for my fluorescest lantern and some candles. I have a stationary propane tank and several tall gas cylinders that can be used for back-ups that could probably last several months or more, if we conserve maybe up to a year for basic stuff. I got enough food and Top Ramen on hand for a few months if need be. Our water reservoirs underground could last 6 months or much longer if we don't use too much. That should take care of most inconveniences.

Mexican houses are built like fortresses with steel doors and several inside steel doors more to block-off first-level breaches plus a couple more barriers that could hold back insistent invaders. All our houses are made of brick and steel-reinforced concrete so they are pretty sturdy, I have three houses here on the same block in case the taller ones get toppled by earthquake one is a single-story small casita that would survive a big, big shaker, we got a small family so we could all manage in it, enough beds to go around.

We live at about 6300ft elevation in the central highlands so that should rule out tsunamis. The weather is great year-around so no special need for enhanced shelter from the elements. Our area is high with a slight slope so really heavy rains won't flood us out. A good-sized helicopter could land on the roof of our of our bigger place if we need to be evacuated, and we have more steel doors up there in case of invaders with helos, and could make landing there impossible fairly easily as well if need be. I won't go into what armament we have on-hand just so that can be a surprise for anyone who may try to get in by force.

If we need metaphysical reinforcement there is a huge Pur'hépecha pyramid close by and a neighboring town in Pur'hépecha language that means "place of waiting" (erongaricuaro, where I take my user name from - though the reason I do so is because it is a long name and hard to pronounce correctly) in case we're waiting for "The Big One.' But really I have not done anything really special to get ready for some unknown event. I guess we could pick up a few more canned items if this is going to take more than 90 days or so.

What kind of event did you have in mind? If you know something it would be nice to clue us in. Is this supposed to take long? Or is a few months enough time to get back to somewhat normal living arrangements? I'd really like a heads-up if you can be more specific. This doom and gloom stuff seems really cryptic but I suppose we could deal with it, whatever you're talking about. If it's alien invaders from space that might be different though. Who knows?

Nope, no underground vault or shelter but several floors of steel and concrete that will keep out most space debris if that video is accurate and the action is not too radical. My neighbors mostly have what I do so it's not like they're going to run to my place for shelter. You know, if it gets much worse than what I can handle then most of us don't stand a chance anyway. But heck, I've had a pretty long and fun life anyway, it's not like I'm going to be leaving a whole lot of living undone. I've done most of it and now I'm just kicking back with a michelada and enjoying the good life.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by my3911

Please, please do so. I mean a rudimentary, bare-bones, basic list of survival necessites. Time permitting, I plan to add to it of course...but in the meantime, I am broke but want to get started. Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Greensage - I am totally with you.

Sometimes it is less preparation as much as it is Location that ultimately makes someone a survivor! I tend to think that we are all exactly where we are suppose to be at any given time in our lives, a sort of "blind faith" as you will. So I believe that people are drawn to those places where they are suited for their role in what is about to test us all. I was drawn to where I am right now, so I suspect there is something about this space I stand upon that will surround me when that moment comes, surround me in a mode of protection and safety!

I think it is destiny that will say who will survive a catastrophe and who will not. Don't get me wrong, maybe it is my lack of preparedness that is causing me to say this, maybe not. Maybe it is the odd feeling I've carried with me since childhood that I know I will "continue"....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
This is how I look at it - If the world is coming to an end in the next few months then this means a prediction(s) made thousands of years ago is coming true. So it's pretty set in stone. Why try to extend your time here on earth during a horrific time?

Just try to be a good person and hope you go to the right place after your time on earth is over.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by my3911

I am short on cash right now, saving is not an option.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Erongaricuaro (and others),

It sounds like you have quite a bit covered. The only thing I may point out is, you may want to also prepare to survive away from home and your immediate area. It's always good not to "pigeon hole" yourself and have a second option. I live near the Gulf of Mexico at only 15.24 meters above sea level. I decided to prepare for every situation, short of an all out annihilation for example… "Fire from the sky" or a 4km high tsunami traveling 3000km/hour. I've heard deep caves made out of solid material are the best chance of surviving, but they're at least a 4-hour drive from where I live and are only about 305 to 610 meters above sea level. If there were enough time, I would go to higher elevations of 1524 to 2438 meters. Of course, then you're in danger of being crushed by an earthquake. I also know it's very important to be away from any size population. I live in the center of the third largest city in late America. I can be out of here in 5 minutes with everything I need to survive almost every situation for 3 weeks. I figure this will be enough time for us to get away from the chaos that would follow such an event, not to mention if there's enough warning of a massive flood that would follow a pole shift. My window opened on 23-Sep. You can say I’m on high alert right now. My window (for this month) will close on 29-Sep and I look forward to relaxing once more. This will only last for about a month though. The next possibility for an E.L.E. may be 8 through 9 November. The YU 2005 asteroid, which is 400 meters wide will pass between the Earth and its moon on 8-November. At the same time, we’ll be passing through a "well known" comet's tail and debris field. The "Puppet-Dent" of the United States is to broadcast the first, every nation-wide emergency "test" on 9-November. There many other signs, movements and trends that all seem to point to a major event(s) that may soon unfold before our eyes. I re-programmed my scanner to several federal agencies that would respond to any such event. The signal travels through the house and is loud enough to wake me from a dead sleep. I can't be up on the Internet all night, so I figured this was a good idea in case anything happens while I’m sleeping. Our media giants such as CNN and Fox don't cover jack, unless the same entities that pull Obama's strings approves it.

My best advice to everyone is to be prepared as much as you can with the resources you have. Make sure you have more than one option, in case you need to leave your home. Make sure you have enough food, water, portable shelter, weapons and ammunition for self-defense. Make sure you have clothing for extreme wet, cold and hot environments. Make sure you include critical medicines, first aid, maps (in plastic), a compass, hygiene items, sturdy footwear, a dynamo powered flashlight and radio (15 USD on the Internet). Make sure you don’t wear bright clothes. People will try to steal your food and your belongings for survival. Make sure you have an escape route with rendezvous points marked along the way. If you're evacuating with family or close friends, you'll need this in case you get separated. Regardless if you have prior military training, it’s a good idea to have a survival manual. I use the SAS Survival Handbook for any Climate or Situation. It’s useful even if it’s only for reference.

It's very important to only pack what you need to survive and make sure you have a backpack with everything you need that you can carry for several miles on foot and survive for at least three days. Any chance is better than none.

You may think, "what am I going to do with all this stuff if nothing happens"? I answered that question for myself; It's always better to be prepared than not. There are so many disasters these days, so you should have an emergency preparedness kit and plan for any situation. Depending on location, some situations are unavoidable, so you must also unfortunately always be prepared for death, rebirth or whatever you want to call it.

I wish you all good luck and peace in this life and the next…

top topics

<< 1   >>

join