It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney belives in man made global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
www.mediaite.com...

Romney Tells NH Town Hall It Is ‘Important’ To Reduce Man-Made Global Warming

Rick Perry does not.

Mitt Romney seems to me to be a man that is a RINO. Maybe would be for Cap & Trade which looks to be as a scheme to hijack the economy on the consuming end of the macro equation.

They love Mitt Romney in a Rino state like NH, but can the rest of the country afford to love him as well? Only if the rest of the country can afford him. Cap & Trade is said to bring severe spikes in energy prices. High energy costs we all know slow economies. Can we afford that now? Can we afford Mitt Romney

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Actually your facts are a bit off. Mitt Romney's position is that he doesn't know if global warming is real and if it is he doesn't know if man causes it and at any rate, it does not justify government involvement. This is exactly what happened in New Hampshire. I think people are entitled to not know something.

During a townhall meeting in Lebanon, New Hampshire, the former Massachusetts governor was asked whether he believed humans were contributing to temperatures creeping upwards. Romney responded that humans play some role, but that it's not clear what.

"Do I think the world's getting hotter? Yeah, I don't know that but I think that it is," Romney said. "I don't know if it's mostly caused by humans."

"What I'm not willing to do is spend trillions of dollars on something I don't know the answer to," he added.

A Romney spokesman told Politico that the statement was consistent with Romney's past positions, pointing to a passage in his book "No Apology" in which Romney wrote that "I believe that climate change is occurring" but added "I am uncertain how much of the warming, however, is attributable to man and how much is attributable to factors out of our control."
edit on 23-9-2011 by whathasitcome2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
As well, Mitt Romney does not support Cap and Trade. I guess the poster must be Rick Perry or something. Sheeesh.. talk about a hack attack.

Mitt Romney attacks cap and trade in Iowa

www.youtube.com...

Mitt Romney repeatedly attacked President Barack Obama for supporting cap and trade legislation during his first speech in Iowa of 2011. His comments were captured on video by Stan Brewer of InsiderIowa.com and posted to YouTube.

The speech came just days before Romney's June 2 visit to New Hampshire, where the former governor of Massachusetts is expected to formally announce his candidacy for president.
Mitt Romney: Cap and trade raises energy costs

Video 1 8:03

… he came into office and what was happening that people were losing jobs, home values were going down, costs were rising. And instead of focusing his energy on the economy, he delegated the stimulus to Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid. And they built a stimulus which grew government jobs, but didn’t grow private sector jobs. And then he went to work on his real agenda, and that was cap and trade to raise energy costs…

Mitt Romney: Cap and trade increases uncertainty for small business

Video 1 8:36

… virtually very aspect of his agenda increased the degree of uncertainty that existed in the employment sector. Small business that was say energy intensive wondered what the cost of their energy would be if his cap and trade program went through…

Mitt Romney: Obama's support for cap and trade policy inspired by Europe

Video 2 2:03

I also think he may be getting some inspiration from our European friends, because when their economy was in trouble they spent more money and borrowed more money. And like the Europeans, when their energy was an issue they raised the cost of energy with cap and trade…

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Climate change or "global warming" is being caused by gamma rays emitted from the super massive black hole at the center of our galaxy, as we near the 2012 and galactic alignment we are looking at temperature changes from these rays, this is exactly why all the planets in our Solar System are experiencing climate change at the same time.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LilDudeissocool

www.mediaite.com...

Rick Perry does not.

Mitt Romney seems to me to be a man that is a RINO. Maybe would be for Cap & Trade which looks to be as a scheme to hijack the economy on the consuming end of the macro equation.

They love Mitt Romney in a Rino state like NH, but can the rest of the country afford to love him as well? Only if the rest of the country can afford him. Cap & Trade is said to bring severe spikes in energy prices. High energy costs we all know slow economies. Can we afford that now? Can we afford Mitt Romney

Today is not Make up a Fact Day. I'm not sure when it is, but it isn't today.

Everything you said in your OP is wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whathasitcome2
As well, Mitt Romney does not support Cap and Trade. I guess the poster must be Rick Perry or something. Sheeesh.. talk about a hack attack.

Mitt Romney attacks cap and trade in Iowa

www.youtube.com...

Mitt Romney repeatedly attacked President Barack Obama for supporting cap and trade legislation during his first speech in Iowa of 2011. His comments were captured on video by Stan Brewer of InsiderIowa.com and posted to YouTube.

Mitt flip flops, so if he has those types of nutty ideas about believing in man made global warming its not much of a leap of faith to believe that he will flip on his stated Cap & Trade position.

I wonder if anybody bothered to read his lips when he stated he was not for Cap & Trade.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
that's cool, go mitt !

too bad the GOP only represents the top 2% of the population or I might pay more attention to his campaign

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

better get to the ark !

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

better get to the ark !

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by whathasitcome2
Actually your facts are a bit off. Mitt Romney's position is that he doesn't know if global warming is real and if it is he doesn't know if man causes it and at any rate, it does not justify government involvement. This is exactly what happened in New Hampshire. I think people are entitled to not know something.

Oh he told a NH crowd that he believes in man caused global warming, and said he thought something has to be done about it. That's a fact!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas

Today is not Make up a Fact Day. I'm not sure when it is, but it isn't today.

Everything you said in your OP is wrong.

So that news article is wrong? How? Disprove IT!
edit on 24-9-2011 by LilDudeissocool because: I went back to remove previous quotes

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
that's cool, go mitt !

too bad the GOP only represents the top 2% of the population or I might pay more attention to his campaign

That's true for most GOP candidates, but at least Perry doesn't believe in the social engineering lie that "Helping is hurting." He helped Latino students of illegal immigrants go on to college. Has Obama done anything like that?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
reply to post by Helious

better get to the ark !

There is not enough H2O to ever need one.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LilDudeissocool
www.mediaite.com...

Rick Perry does not.

To be honest, I with Romney about man-made global warming, but don't agree with cap-n-trade. The planet can take its beating like a man and when it's had enough it will throw us the hell off like in that crappy Roland Emerich movie. Humanity doesn't deserve this planet and needs to go away. I make sure to do my part with a fast car and lots of air conditioning. I even leave it on for my cat while I'm at work.

Once we're gone Gaia will make a full recovery.

Oh, and yes, I'm a miserable prick.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Sunsetspawn

People can move. If and when all the land ice melts caused from man made global warming or not, we can deal. We wont be thrown off the planet.

Think about this? Larger oceans and seas means more capacity for hydrocarbons to be scrubbed from the atmosphere and locked in the form of methane hydrate. Less land surface also means less heat retention for our planet and colder oceans keeping all that methane hydrate nice and frozen.

Chicken Little man made global warming mythology will lead us to worldwide poverty and starvation. You should read up on the reports coming out of Rand Corporation that predicts that over reacting to a process that the Earth has been undergoing for that last 11,500 years with a steady rate of increase has a high likelihood of leading to a third global war. Thermal nuclear. How would that affect the global climate? Can you say, "Nuclear winter?"

PS Never confuse smart-A intellectual and life accomplishment arrogance with being a prick.
A word to the WISE there.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Man has contributed to gobal warming. How much and what future effects it will have is anyone's guess as Mitt said. The 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo has actually delayed the full effects until 2030 or so, a another big eruption or eruptions could put us into another ice age, but man does effect the climate in a negitve way.

With China out of control any monies we put into it is wasted. We just need to last a few hundred more years and technology will overcome it all.
edit on 25-9-2011 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Man has contributed to gobal warming. How much and what future effects it will have is anyone's guess

WHAT? Try this www.geocraft.com...

as Mitt said. The 1991 eruption of Mount Pinatubo has actually delayed the full effects until 2030 or so, a another big eruption or eruptions could put us into another ice age, but man does effect the climate in a negitve way.

I'll have to refer to the linked article to put that into proper perspective. Mitt is simply talking out of his on the fly A-hole there.

With China out of control any monies we put into it is wasted. We just need to last a few hundred more years and technology will overcome it all.
The time frame is closer I think, but Amen on that point, brother.

Did you know that natural gas turbines powering a hybrid system in lieu of a gasoline piston engine is what is actually predicted to be our main mode of transportation for years to come? That's just not TB Pickins wishful thinking smack there, that is real talk. Energy companies say they don't need government grants to convert the service infrastructure, and auto manufactures around the world have said, yes, they can produce the CNG powered vehicle in concert with energy companies, but they can't because of collusion rules. That is on the record. Some regulation that needs to go away here in America and throughout the western world for them to calibrate on such a conversion from gasoline to natural gas.

Such a conversion would cut MM hydrocarbons estimated within the next ten yeas produced from gasoline engines worldwide in more than half. Green energy whatever the mix is within the market with fossil fuels must be phased in - in stages, but some unnecessary regulation makes such steps across that creek, so to speak, next to impossible to accomplish. :-(

new topics

top topics

join