It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want a Seismograph Waveform of the UARS Impact!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
That's right, for future use. I'll be up if it makes impact in the stated times by 3 AM.

I plan to monitor all seismograph stations in the path. So I need suggestions as to what areas to monitor, right along the flight path. If it makes enough of an impact, it should register on any nearby seismic stations. It may not. Don't know, but it won't be for lack of trying!

So give me what you regard as the best source of estimated entry and impact point, and I will see to it I get those places up on my seismographic radar screen!

Applause recommendation for the person who gives me the closest estimated point to the actual impact point!
(Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't).

Come on, will be fun! It would be very cool to see this waveform, as it will approximate what a mid dense meteor strike of about the same size might look like. I've seen the one on the moon when a piece of debris hit. I want to see one from an impact on earth!

ETA: And yes, I know they said 26 pieces, so it could be multiple impact points... Just give me your best sourced estimation of any of them!
edit on Fri Sep 23rd 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Not many takers I see, ok.

Reports are atm that it is going over Hudson Bay, on a trajectory towards Iceland the UK, from this link here:
www.ustream.tv...

So I have opened up all seismic stations I can get my hands on in this area.

Iceland? Oh, doom of dooms...if it hits Katla and breaks through the glacier!

NOT. Ok, stupid idea...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
That's right, for future use. I'll be up if it makes impact in the stated times by 3 AM.
I plan to monitor all seismograph stations in the path.

IMHO there isnt anywhere near enough energy in the 'impact' to register on any seismometer unless the bits land right on top of it.

eg. Take a refrigerator and drop it from a helicopter. Its somewhat like that.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

It is traveling at 17,500 mph.

That might make just a bit of difference, don't you think?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Interesting pursuit!
What do you hope to learn from the data?

IRM

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The heaviest of the pieces is roughly 350-365 pounds (forgot exact number).
I doubt there will be even a blip; but, I'll check for you anyway because I've watched the seismographs for a good 16 years now and made the original Wiki shot for the Korean atomic toy test.

So, the interest is up my ally but I don't expect anything.

USA graphs. Hopefully somebody from other countries will help you, even if it's a big blank zilch.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Oh cool. Well, it appears that it is going straight over Madagascar, and I have some stations available there I have pulled up.

And IRM:
It is to get an idea of what a meteor strike might look like on a seismograph- on Earth, not the moon. I know this is a long shot, by far, but worth a shot...

Real time tracking:
www.infosatellites.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Good idea But that's only gonna happen IF it hits a land mass that happens to have seismographic detecting instruments (for earthquakes) near by. No earthquakes in Louisiana lets say so if it hits here in the middle of a swamp your SOL.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
At 7.8 km/s, it is interesting to note that it is traveling about the same speed as P-waves from earthquakes move through the crust. That is FAST>>>>

And consequently the impact of the largest chunk could very WELL be detected by a seismograph if it was close enough.

But apparently it is gaining in altitude atm, not descending.... went from 169 km to 174 km...

altitude down to 160 km now...

158 km now... almost over Fiji

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
She's falling now... down to 155km...at this rate will probably fly right over the west coast USA again. But if it does land on the west coast, will be AWESOME, cause there are a zillion seismos there...

153 km....

NASA defines 122 kilometers for re-entry altitude, the altitude at which shuttles must switch from steering with thrusters to maneuvering as an airplane. Once UARS descends to this altitude, it will fall very fast.

planetary.org...

Down now to about 150 km... Not long now till she plummets!

Back UP to 156 km....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Well, China, Russia, Japan, N. Korea and Australia got some activity when it first went into the decay countdown sequence ... I guess it broke the atmosphere and made a little burp.
Or more likely, just a coincidence.

So from off the West coast, over Wa. state, over Canada, and down again to Africa and landing just past Burkina Faso in Benin. That's a LOT of seismos to check through! Hope you have oodles of help.

With our NASA NORAD feeds clipped when the decay sequence began, there's not a lot to go by. No lats and lons!

Good Luck!

For the record, here's the last data box I managed to catch before they stopped the feed. Server time was central USA time.

UARS

Server time: 00:24:04 AM
Latitude: -34.24°
Longitude: 151.77°
Altitude [km]: 162.62
Altitude [mi]: 101.05
Speed [km/s]: 7.81
Speed [mi/s]: 4.85

All I have now are those NASA maps of the dacay projections.
edit on 24/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: add

edit on 24/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: specificity, clarity

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It wont be moving that fast when it hits, it'll be at terminal velocity.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
I got the feed back! More coords coming in. She's halfway over Canada right now.

UARS

Server time: 02:22:06 AM
Latitude: 56.4°
Longitude: -109°
Altitude [km]: 137.58
Altitude [mi]: 85.49
Speed [km/s]: 7.83
Speed [mi/s]: 4.87

Edit, Canadian video of debris www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 24/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: add link ATS

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   

If these are just simulation models as everybody claims- and the sat already went down- then why on earth are they still running the simulations, and showing the sat still up there? If anything, it proves the simulation wrong. Either that or NASA is wrong and the thing hasn't crashed yet.

And that video? Nope. Ain't it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Have been waiting for days for it to get to 75 feet altitude. Gee, beginning to think this thing doesn't want to come home.

UARS

Server time: 03:07:29 AM
Latitude: -54.25°
Longitude: 72.32°
Altitude [km]: 145.8
Altitude [mi]: 90.6
Speed [km/s]: 7.82
Speed [mi/s]: 4.86

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Update #15
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 03:46:42 AM EDT

NASA’s decommissioned Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite fell back to Earth between 11:23 p.m. EDT Friday, Sept. 23 and 1:09 a.m. EDT Sept. 24. The Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California said the satellite penetrated the atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean. The precise re-entry time and location are not yet known with certainty.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Update #15
Sat, 24 Sep 2011 02:46:42 AM CDT

NASA’s decommissioned Upper Atmosphere Research Satellite fell back to Earth between 11:23 p.m. EDT Friday, Sept. 23 and 1:09 a.m. EDT Sept. 24. The Joint Space Operations Center at Vandenberg Air Force Base in California said the satellite penetrated the atmosphere over the Pacific Ocean. The precise re-entry time and location are not yet known with certainty.

My guess is they started the decay sequence at that point they said in quote above; back when I first lost the feed and U2U'd you about it.

I have no idea why they put the feed back up again. I'm watching and recording anyway. I am very tired though. Hope this isn't an exercise in futility.
edit on 24/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: oh you already had the quote
Oh well.

edit on 24/9/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: Yes, have been watching the NASA releases all day too. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
It got down to this low:

UARS

Server time: 03:28:50 AM
Latitude: 11.12°
Longitude: 138.22°
Altitude [km]: 126.03
Altitude [mi]: 78.31
Speed [km/s]: 7.83
Speed [mi/s]: 4.87

... or a tad bit lower, then started back up. I notice that every revolution makes it lower and lower when it reaches that low point near Indonesia. I'll stay with it until it breaks my 75 mile barrier.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   

Yes, from that model it would hit the 122 km re entry point probably next orbit pass. And once the atmosphere gets a hold of it, would take it down.

www.infosatellites.com...

But hey, the MAN says it penetrated the atmosphere already...

And I have a screeny of that 5.1 that happened in Fiji at that time, right as it neared Fiji...

earthquake.usgs.gov...
edit on Sat Sep 24th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

And next orbit pass looks like it will be right over..... over..... Japan!

Just what we need-
Headline:
"UARS crashes into Fukushima, releasing a zillion tons of radiation"

edit on Sat Sep 24th 2011 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Cool on your screenie!

And I just watched part of that supposed Canadian video and they kept photographing the nextdoor neighbor's TV ariel. I closed it up when they said it was 22 Sept.

Yep, I've been on the infosatellites page as the n2yo page feed is still dead. The infosatellites page died when they put up the decay notice; but, I finally got it back.

It's back to BC on the way to Alberta again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join