It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody able to get through to Vetrecs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just wondering... There has to be some fellow veterans out there. I've followed the link to vetrecs.archives.gov and all I can get is some page for "Worldroot search portal". That's not of much use. I'd like to be able to make an online request for DD214 copy if it's possible, but I'm not seeing how it can be done if all indications show that the server for such services is offline. Calling the St. Louis office line just gets a recording.

Also if it's broke, why hasn't anybody fixed it? Aren't our tax dollars supposed to be working here?

I'm also hoping somebody here knows how to get the ball rolling on fixing that.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by pauljs75

It seems there's been a redesign of the archives site. It's now archives.gov/veterans

The link will take you to a page that says, "Start Your Military Service Record Request (DD Form 214 & SF-180)". Click the area that says, "Launch the eVetRecs System to start your request Online". Make sure the popup window shows because that's where you make the request. I did this earlier this summer. It worked fine for me.

Good luck

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Thanks, I'll try that. Still, I wonder why the new site hasn't been indexed on major search engines in regards to getting DD-214 info.

---
You get a star for helping btw. And it's likely to be listed on search engines now.

edit on 24-9-2011 by pauljs75 because: minor update of this post after checking helpful link

join