It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
When the battle is brought to this planet, rest assured we will lose. We may, in turn, make the plane un-inhabitable, but remember, this is a mining planet, the value is in the heavy metals, not the fauna and flora, thus any reaction we take will be futile at best. Yes, it will only serve to destroy us.

We would be fighting neural disruption weaponry, which would render our greatest asset: our bodies, as null machinery. Think induced delta wave saturation.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Do you think if we came to a planet with a million or millions of years of advancement on anything there would they survive?
edit on 25-9-2011 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

no.

we could turn your "planet" into a barren wasteland if we wished it.

we could destroy every living organism on this world if we wanted to.

but we have no interest in doing such so.

the entirety of humanity poses no threat to us.

any of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
No, but we can try.

Fact is, whatever weapon you can imagine, they probably have it. Who's to say they don't have an orbiting weapon system that is programmed to exterminate all life signs carrying human DNA?

Like many have said before, if they wanted to kill us, they would have done it already.

That being said, the human spirit is a big factor. We have no problem killing ourselves, and live with 20k nukes that could go off any day. Stir an ant's nest up, and they will fight, no questions asked until the last ant.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahybrid
When the battle is brought to this planet, rest assured we will lose. We may, in turn, make the plane un-inhabitable, but remember, this is a mining planet, the value is in the heavy metals, not the fauna and flora, thus any reaction we take will be futile at best. Yes, it will only serve to destroy us.

We would be fighting neural disruption weaponry, which would render our greatest asset: our bodies, as null machinery. Think induced delta wave saturation.

The issue is not 'kind' of weapons. The issue is the 'amount' of force.
You require a very large force (and backup) to fight a large population as exists on earth.

Space travel is VERY VERYenergy intensive. It requires hell lot of energy to transport stuff from point A to point B.

Second problem is communications. How do you communicate with your parent civilization when any signal will take decades to centuries for round trip?

Most difficult science problems are glossed over in science fiction and movies.

The real world is very different. Space journey is likely to be an unpleasant experience for the traveller, something done only under duress.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Originally posted by ahybrid

The issue is not 'kind' of weapons. The issue is the 'amount' of force.
You require a very large force (and backup) to fight a large population as exists on earth.

Space travel is VERY VERYenergy intensive. It requires hell lot of energy to transport stuff from point A to point B.

Second problem is communications. How do you communicate with your parent civilization when any signal will take decades to centuries for round trip?

Most difficult science problems are glossed over in science fiction and movies.

The real world is very different. Space journey is likely to be an unpleasant experience for the traveller, something done only under duress.

This would be true, if we were the pinnacle of creation. However, in an ocean of stars, most likely, we are not.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Any invading force that brings fancy advance weapons to a theater of battle runs the risk( no matter how slight) of allowing these weapons to fall into enemy hands.

Could we win? yes. Likely? not so much.

Even if they are the smartest(physical) things in the Universe, one of us fines a weak spot or manages to take one of there guns (if it don't zap you when you pick it up).

What I am trying to say is you might have the best plan ever on paper, but when it is all said and done you never know how a plan works until it is employed.

There are no certainties in war..EVER!
edit on 25-9-2011 by quantumdragon because: sp

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Nope nope nope nope nope. There is absolutely zero chance in us winning. Kill a few? Sure. Repel their attack? Absolutely not. This race travelled at the least millions of miles to destroy us. Their technology would consist of weaponry we couldn't even fathom. Our jets would be nothing, our nukes laughable. Furthermore, provided we somehow pull of a miracle, sacrificial attack that destroys ONE of their motherships (like we see in every sci-fi movie), they wouldn't simply give up. If the US loses 30 soldiers in Iraq, do we call it quits? No, we send more troops to bolster them, and that is exactly what any alien invaders would do.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
They have invaded, and we are losing.....ATM that is

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Yes

Win a war no but withstand sure. I refuse to believe there's any situation save a catastrophic asteroid impact that could wipe humanity from the planet. Disease, chemicals, nukes or a malevolent alien race out to take our resources or enslave us, none of those scenarios would finish us. People adapt and fight, it's probably impossible to get ride of us.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

emp emp emp turn our elecs of and blow theirs then turn our back on and boom
they have no sheilds welcome the nukes to the fight and good bye evil aliens
if that does not work then infect volunteers with super viruses and infect their
ships as the meerkats say SIMPLE

i hope

edit: dont forget the flesh eating super bugs
:
edit on 25-9-2011 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by solardez

no.

we could turn your "planet" into a barren wasteland if we wished it.

we could destroy every living organism on this world if we wanted to.

but we have no interest in doing such so.

the entirety of humanity poses no threat to us.

any of us.

I sincerely hope you aren't trying to portray yourself as an alien. If so, well I can't say I haven't seen that before on this website...

Oh and as for the OP. Why are you wondering such a thing? Any advanced beings that could travel across the universe to Earth, would surely possess the capability to effortlessly destroy us in more ways than sheer force, I'm sure. Then again, why travel across the universe to just destroy a civilization? Don't you think they would be just as fascinated as we would be that there are "others" in this with us? I'm sure if we ever discovered another intelligent species, our first reaction wouldn't be to obliterate them.
edit on 25/9/11 by Indecent because: (no reason given)

edit on 25/9/11 by Indecent because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by awfitz
Nope nope nope nope nope. There is absolutely zero chance in us winning. Kill a few? Sure. Repel their attack? Absolutely not. This race travelled at the least millions of miles to destroy us. Their technology would consist of weaponry we couldn't even fathom. Our jets would be nothing, our nukes laughable. Furthermore, provided we somehow pull of a miracle, sacrificial attack that destroys ONE of their motherships (like we see in every sci-fi movie), they wouldn't simply give up. If the US loses 30 soldiers in Iraq, do we call it quits? No, we send more troops to bolster them, and that is exactly what any alien invaders would do.

Earth's humans have fairly dangerous weapons now. Do not underestimate atomic weapons.

The movies depict highly imaginary scenarios. They have to make money by shocking people.

I know this fun stuff like anti-gravity, electric propulsion etc., but these are all engines of the ship. The weapons will be atomic like ours, so gap is not so wide.

They have have no backup in terms of energy, people, and ammunition, while Earth's people have all the backup they need.

You see an expeditionary force always has dis-advantage in battle.

If you carefully analyze a battle, you will realize the massive need to resupply (called teeth to tail). Each military spends huge resources on logistics.

I shall give you a solid example - an aircraft is just a bomb truck that flies. The aircraft costs a lot of money - because of the need to go far, but a bomb truck will do as well if you have to go just a few miles.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I can't think of any way that we could withstand interstellar technology... It's kind of like sticks vs. nukes.

However, I also think that the likelihood of an full out attack is very small. Like some mentioned,
a virus would be more effective.

More advanced civilizations would also more likely use social engineering as a weapon. Instead of wiping out the human race, you would want to use it. Six billion + individuals are an incredible resource that no sane visitor would wipe out. If you are coming for the minerals etc. You would rather want to manipulate the planets inhabitants and let them mine for you. At the same time, WE would probably be the most rare and valuable resource.

I don't buy into the independence day invasion. If they would come in person, it would only be as a psychological statement.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
I've seen the movies too. The answer is no.

Back in reality.....
back in reality is try going outside on a clear night and looking up.then realize that there are around 100,000,000,000 stars within 100,000,000,000 galaxies out there!!! and a lot of stars have planets revolving around them.even if 1% of stars had planet orbiting around them and 1% of them had planets in the "goldilock zone" a habital region,a water sustaining enviornment and 1% of them had intelligent life forms. this would still mean that there are thousands upon thousands of advanced species of life out there...that's reality
edit on 25-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frostmore
I can't think of any way that we could withstand interstellar technology... It's kind of like sticks vs. nukes.

We are no longer carrying 'sticks'. We have nukes and missiles. US, Russia, and possibly China have microwave weapons. US has laser weapons. What more do you want??

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by vedatruth

Originally posted by Frostmore

We are no longer carrying 'sticks'. We have nukes and missiles. US, Russia, and possibly China have microwave weapons. US has laser weapons. What more do you want??

Lightsabers and Deathstars.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
possible i mean the government already has plasma tech 100 more years and we will be interstellar, we are advancing at a abnormal rate, the possibility is there, remember the vietnam war? it could turn out like that.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by listerofsmeg
as long as Will Smith and has a cigar then yes

Don't forget an apple mac (or an ipad these days) to infect the computers with a virus....

To answer the question : NO, we would be wiped out. The technology to get a fleet here would mean that their weapons would make our nukes look like tinker toys. It does not take much thought to realise that each warhead of theirs would be very low yield non nuclear with an intelligent thinking computer which would result in a 100% hit rate from distance and zero collateral damage. They would annihilate all our defenses whilst sitting there on the moon watching and no devastation ie all our resources (mineral, flora, fauna etc), that they want for themselves, intact.

They could coordinate this in such a way that it would be all over in a day.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join