It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
or maybe the evil alien's will re-activate their ancient spaceship, we call the moon and finish the war that they started long ago. when they voyaged into our solar system from another galaxy and flew their death star moon into orbit around the earth. keeping their forces amassed on it's dark side, shielded from retaliation and began their apocalyptic battle with the atlanteans. which caused the destruction of atlantis, the earth's axis to tilt, rapidly melting the ice age glaciers, unleashing the biblical floods...
edit on 24-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Haven't you heard, though noone can prove they actually exist, they are guaranteed to be friendly. Yep they traveled trillions of light years "raped/probed" many humans cause they are friendly....There Are No Evil Aliens... They are all angels....Cute innocent Angels.

[/sarcasm]
edit on 24-9-2011 by StarPeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
If we get the clark kent style alien with no kryptonite we are screwed
other then that humanity always has a chance.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
we could give them a false sense of security by surrendering and welcoming them with open arms. then when they least expect it, when they think we are defeated. then without warning, we could suddenly and unexpectedly strike at their commanders and finish them off at close range. leaving their army without any leaders. maybe keeping a couple of them as hostages...

then we could capture their interstellar starships and in time, figure out how they operate and learn to fly them. we could force some of the evil aliens that were left alive on earth to fly an army of our's back to the planet where they came from. so we could attack and invade their world and see how they like it...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
we could give them a false sense of security by surrendering and welcoming them with open arms. then when they least expect it, when they think we are defeated. then, without warning, we could suddenly and unexpectedly strike at their leadership, their commanders and finish them off at close range...

Are you kidding? Attack a highly advanced alien race that is MILLENIA ahead of us in tech?!? And why would they put their leadership...if they even have that type of social structure....and in reality their leadership structure is nothing like our own....put their leadership in jepordy....as if they would travel to this backwards planet.

I don't get you blocula....why do you think we would have any chance at all? They could kill us all with a bio-weapon....they could destroy this planet from orbit. Just because we have nukes....which they can easily shut off all atomic triggers or targeting of....doesn't mean we have a snowballs chance in HELL of winning a WAR with E.T.....it is all but Hollywood fantasy. Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
in h.g.wells war of the world's.i think that it was the naturally occuring bacteria of earth,that help's keep humans alive and healthy,that finally defeated the evil alien invasion.it was our microscopic allies that did what our atom bomb's could not do...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life
reply to post by steveknows

Because exactly that is what the bible has been talking about all along, for more than 2000 years. Ancient Aliens = God, Jesus Crhist, Satan, Demons, Annunaki, Fallen Angels, Nephilim, all is in the bible with great details, all of them came from the heaven, in other words SPACE and other DEMENTIONS and they dont exactly look like us, we are made in their own image.

You understand now? I recommend to read my previous replies I gave details why to your answer.

Yep I see where you're coming from

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Their greatest advantage will be their vastly superior intelligence. They will be able to out-think any attempt we make to resist them. I think we would be totally defeated even if they sent an attack force no larger than a grain of sand.

As for their motivation for attacking us... The most dangerous thing in the universe is another intelligence. They may decide to destroy us because we may one day become a threat to them. The threat isn't from our current level of technological development, it is our intelligence itself. It might make sense that once you can avoid leading enemies back to your point of origin, that you should aggressively search out and destroy all other intelligences.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
We would not stand a chance. To put it in relative terms think of the U.S. invasion of Iraq in the 90's and in 2003. The aerial campaigns alone crippled most of their defenses. Now an invasion from entities that have harnessed the power of large scale interstellar travel, it is unlikely they would bring roman candles to a fireworks show. Think of the frightening military technology we have harnessed with our arguably primitive weapons, our roman candles.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Assuming it's an intelligent and vastly superior technological race, we'd be wiped out in an instant. If they have devices to wipe out all our electricity, we're screwed!
edit on 24-9-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Humanity? No... Me? YES...... I feel like I'm more than prepared, I've watched Independence Day like a thousand times, those aliens got another thing coming if they decide to mess with me.....

But to answer your question seriously....I dont think think 'humanity' could handle an alien invasion, how could anyone prepare themselves for something so crazy??? If they can travel ALL the way to our planet, they obviously have advanced technology, technology that we've never seen and they would likely take us out no problem....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

i dunno. i guess it depends on if they're worse than politicians. LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

What if the "science fiction" idea of space travel is wrong?

What if space travel is a difficult and hazardous jouney, often resulting in shipwrecks (means one way jouney).

Why would somebody come to earth light years away to attack?

A journey is more likely due to calamity rather than making war. In that case the small group of people that arrive would likely hide from civilization, until they grow numerous and stronger.

If a civilization sends a scout ship (an ambassador), that ET would probably try to meet the most powerful person/persons on the planet and offer friendship and gifts rather than threaten.

If you want to know the TRUTH, you have to rise above MSM and Hollywood.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Thus thread has nicely filled up with a lot of crap, which I hope enlightens you on what will happen if you post threads with titles like this. Here's my take:

If an invasion force wanted to destroy mankind, they could...

...which proves that they probably don't want to.

Some believe we have already been invaded several times, and that is one reason why we're so messed up right now.

Others argue that "evil" aliens don't exist now, if they ever did. All the surviving ET groups are entirely pro-human.

The evidence suggests that a mix actually exists. But there is no hard evidence so far that the pro-human ETs are really what they say they are. The psychopath will tell you he is your best friend, and that the advice he is giving you is only to help you and that he would never think of turning his back on you. Lie, lie, lie. So, are any of the current ET groups functionally psychopathic? I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I've seen the movies too. The answer is no.

Back in reality.....

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but I would just like to know what you all think. Hoax??

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified
Unless they have a deathstar, yes. I believe some will survive.

They do so have a Death Star.

Anybody capable of piloted interstellar travel could trivially deflect a sufficiently large asteroid onto a Sun-grazing (so we don't see it until it's too late) Earth-exterminating orbit.

Commence primary ignition.

The only thing they have to fear is other ETs who might get upset with them for making an environmental mess. Imagine the lawsuits.

edit on 25-9-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

The answer is nes. No/Yes/Nintendo.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by nuittoit
Not sure if this is the right thread to post this in but I would just like to know what you all think. Hoax??

I'm not sure if I buy this vid or not but it reminded of something very odd I saw in Phoenix soon after I moved here. During daylight (ie commute time around 5pm) I saw a teardrop shape like that coming down slowly but it never seemed to hit ground. I lost sight of it on the freeway but I saw it for a good 15-20 miles of my drive.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Let me start this off as saying that most likeky Yes Human kind would almost likely live on, be it nothing like we know of today. If I were an alien race, I would have watch and studied this planet for years or even decades. I would have the knowledge I need from all these years of studying subjects (i.e. Abductions) I would have watched the advances in warfare ( WW2,Korea,vietnam, Gulf Wars) I have studies the Nuclear question by visiting the weapons themselves.( i.e. Reports of UFOs with beams of light over Nuclear weapon stores) When I felt the time was right, and or that the resources I have a need for requires replenishing I would strike. FIrst I would target the areas with the largest populations (i.e Cities) and also strike major military targets to remove the most threat to my invasion forces. Having studies the planet I have a working knowledge of the belief systems in place and know that a major show of force after the first strike will send most of the humans in to panic, this would give the greatest advantage because their would be limited resistance.

Most of us are to concern with our TV programs, video games, what's in it for me kind of life. Even more so in America we have developed this ideal that the Government is here to protect us..just look how much we have given up after 9-11. We have become a country of fear instead of Freedom. Many of us would most likely kill our selves ( Cults come to mind) there will be however small groups that would go into hiding, waiting for a time when it would be best to strike back..( local milita, fringe groups, remaining military and ex military, a collection of thoughs have the strong sense to survive.

I would say in this event, it would be a toss up. if an invasion force was commited to take the planet for a long period of time, then I would believe that a small number of us could survive....but if this invasion force was here for resources, then I would suspect that more of us would survive because once the resources are plundered an invasion force would just leave the planet..whether or not the resource taken is something we need as well would wholely depend on our long term survival.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join