It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
it would be the day the earth stood still and all hell let loose at the same time...i still think that our nuclear weapons would be pretty damn impressive to the aliens,especially if they don't have any...visualize an atomic warhead,a nuclear missile being launched at one of the alien motherships and they somehow jam its frequency "turn it around" and send it back at us...incredible!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

We might not be able to fight them, but we could in theory hide beyond where they care to look for us, underground. that is, assuming they are content with using the surface of the earth or lack the technology to penetrate the ground.

If you could make underground bases to hide, wouldn't you?

-rrr

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
class -1- 2- 3,civilizations...that's the big question...which one would we run into? which one would find us? if there are alien's out there and knowing that there are something like 100 billion stars within 100 billion galaxies, there probably are and a lot of them, both good and evil aliens...

class-1...they would be able to successfully harness and control their planets natural resources. we are not even a class 1 yet, close, but not quite...

class-2...they would be able to successfully harness and control the natural resources of their planet and the entire solar system. colonize every planet in it and send out starships on voyages to other star systems and make contact with other intelligent life forms...

class-3...they would be able to successfully harness and control the natural resources of their entire galaxy and colonize other star systems. they would be able to harvest stars and position them near black holes and use the energy thus produced. they would be able to travel backwards and forwards through time and within other dimensions. some of their technologies are what we call the wind, rain and snow. they would be almost beyond our comprehension. they would be gods

measuring the technology of advanced civilization's link > en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 24-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
It depends on why they wanted the planet and whether they had any interest in preserving the ecosystem. That would tie their hands somewhat.

If yes, then civilisation would end but the species may survive.

If no then we would be toast. They could throw extremely large asteroids at us until the planet was pummelled. All thats needed to eliminate us is good space propulsion tech and a little patience.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Great thread! Here's my take:

If we were not aware of them coming, and they sent an all-out assault, about half of us would be obliterated. Governments would panic and send the elites into DUMBs. WE would be the main fighting force plus the militaries of the world. EVERY country would be FORCED to work together and become ONE army. Then they would pull out the *TOP SECRET* rail guns and what-not like the one depicted in "Transformers: Rise of the Fallen" when they shot that guy off the Great Pyramid. Something like the rail gun would punch a hole straight through a mother ship or two.

In the end, the victor really cannot be determined.

It'd be nice to think that it would be us but who knows? Maybe our will to survive would come through just enough to push us past an evolutionary boundary and "super powers" would begin to emerge in everyone (i.e. the ability to fly
)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
A long way to come just to fight but I'll give it some thought.

I think history shows that humans will fight to the end one way or another. Also the logistics would have to suck for the aliens. An over stretched supply line had ended many and armies advance.

Now if they were to pop in from another deminsion we might be in trouble as it would actually be right next door.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human4life

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
Whether a person believes in God or not....is not in conflict with a person believing in E.T....or not. It is only a conflict with certain religious documents that have over time...proven themselves to be highly dubious in origin.
Split Infinity

If people would only know the bible they would know the truth, they would answer all their questions. The Bible is NOT! Religion is a history book, the bible starts talking about ET and the creation of Man and the End Of This System of Things.

And the most important one the second coming of the Son of God, in other words as many people call it, an alien invasion.

People better wake up! before is to late.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

Why does the God squad always have to bring God into something? Is that all you know and think about? If there is a fight of the kind that started the thread I know we can count you people out of the fight as you'd be too busy praying.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
an invasion from outer space by "evil" aliens, is what it would take to finally unite humanity!

and " if " there is a god,what exactly is he/she/it?...a cardboard box? an orb of plasma? the invisible man in the sky?...i'll tell you what i think god is...an alien...a super advanced species of alien being,a class 3 civilization...it's really the only thing god could be and if there even is a god,there must exist benevolent and malevolent male and female god's across the universe...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I can't believe no one has the mentioned the ultimate middle finger to an advanced alien race hellbent on destroying our "inferior" species.

Behold, the Thunderwell!!

Operation Plumbbomb

All we need is a hole, a nuke, cement, water, and a metal plate then BAM! Good bye mothership! Of course..I can't imagine actually aiming the thing...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
If Aliens had the meaning to attack earth without harming the planet or its divers life on the planet, they unleashed a virus from out of space on several major cities . That virus would be so smartly engineered that it only would kill the human population and nothing else. Because if your so advanced to travel the stars to our planet you have hundreds maybe thousands of years ahead on almost everything that we know now. so its so easy to destruct a lesser civilization , that my opinion. So my answer is NO

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Stop it with this stupid : Oh I'm afraid aliens will attack us!

The only aliens planing to kill us are already here and no, no aliens will attack like we see in movies. It makes absolutly no sense that an alien race that can travel galaxies would waste their time to kill us when they could get same thing on any other planet.

Also, the 3rd dimension earth is protected by the galactic federation. The only way we would really be attacked, is our souls. Benevolent aliens are much more plausible then being attacked.

Stop having your fears manipulated by Hollywood!!!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Well if their intent was to destroy us, and if they had the ability to reach us personally, we would have no chance at all of defending ourselves against them. The fact that they can reach us in ships would mean they are far more advanced scientifically. Rather than all the stuff we see in sci-fi movies concerning alien invasions 'ships leveling cities with laser beams ect' I think they might just do something very simple like engineer a virus that kills us off as a species very quickly. Its not hard to imagine they could do such a thing 'after all they have mastered space travel'. All this is complete speculation of course, but the more we learn the more we see truth is a lot stranger than fiction. There are probably countless civilizations out there in the cosmos, and not all of them will be friendly .
edit on 24-9-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by steveknows

Because exactly that is what the bible has been talking about all along, for more than 2000 years. Ancient Aliens = God, Jesus Crhist, Satan, Demons, Annunaki, Fallen Angels, Nephilim, all is in the bible with great details, all of them came from the heaven, in other words SPACE and other DEMENTIONS and they dont exactly look like us, we are made in their own image.

You understand now? I recommend to read my previous replies I gave details why to your answer.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Ah such an assumtion that battles and wars are fought to decide a winner.
As if it matters who wins.

Here is a plan an alien might have for conquering earth and getting rid of pesky humans.

First step. Fly to the asteroid belt or any other point in time and space that has huge rocks floating around.

Second step. Gently nudge some, lets say about the size of Texas and smaller in earths general direction.

Third step. Go to earth and do whatever you want, there will be very little to no resistance at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Doesn't matter because this only happens in Hollywood films (not even good ones at that) and it's not reality. It's a big, fat, never gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I would tend to disagree, that the "invading space alien hordes," would use a virus to annihilate the human race. Because the virus could mutate to a degree so as to destroy the alien hordes as well.

Our only meager forms of defense, might be some sort of moble magnetic pulse rifles, cannons and satellite's.
These magnetic pulse gun's, could disrupt the flight capability of a Foofighter, the electronics of a helmeted space invader and possibly his own weapon's.

The most reliable method [destroying the entire human race] in my opinion, would be to set fire to the entire land mass'es on Earth. This would be accomplished by a fiery plasma Foofighter. The fuel for the weapon would be common seawater. The Foofighter would cause a fusion reaction by an activator. The plasma would be encased around the Foofighter by a magnetic field surrounding the Starship. The magnetic field would be computer controlled, in which a magnetic spike would project from the magnetic field to guide the fiery electrically charged plasma toward its intended target.

The result would cause the Earth to be encased in smoke from the resulting fires, causing the sun to be blacked out from the skies for years; which would cause the rest of humanity that survived the intial attack too starve to death.

Not saying this would ever happen too us, because the other-worlder's, in my opinion, have to be controlled by treaties, and stipulations barring such an invasion.

Foofighter's,

Erno86
edit on 24-9-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 24-9-2011 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 24-9-2011 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
another way evil alien's could take us over and they may be already doing this. is to infiltrate double agents into our political leadership, you know who i mean, the legal gangsters that control our society, the one's with all the cash and power. those politicians would actually be organizing and setting the stages for an alien invasion, behind the scenes. the alien's themselves would be working through these agent provocateurs, disguised as our world leaders. that would be a nefarious and sinister tactic indeed...

our leaders continue to wear their mask's of good faith. showing the face's that their easily misled sheeple want to see. their lying mouth's spewing empty words, expressing opinion's towards the brainwashed mainstream, that keep's on hammering home the surface image of total disbelief in aliens. training most of society to laugh and ridicule those who dare to come forward and speak of their encounters with real alien beings and all the while, just beneath the surface, behind the thin veneer of our collective denial, the invasion itself has quietly begun

and perhaps sooner than we would like to think. a pre-arranged false flag incident will be orchestrated, as a signal for the aliens to attack...

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I appreciate your thought provoking thread. However, how would we know anything, all we could ever do is speculate. Which I guess is better than never pondering the what if's. We truly just have no clue what a visitation/invasion would mean for us. I always think in terms of time or lack there of....what's the first response to any invasion/disaster/war etc., whether alien or not...then I take it from there in order of importance and based on objectives.

Very very interesting thoughts...thank you

edit on 9/24/11 by hathorschild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We wouldn't stand a chance. How do I know this? I know because mankind does it every single day.

When we move we may discover that our new home has a bug problem. Rather than live with the bugs we fumigate, lay out poisons and eradicate everything that we don't want to share our new place with. We don't hate the bugs, we barely even give them a second thought, they are just something that has to be dealt with before we move in.

It would be the same with aliens. They don't hate us or even care about our thoughts on the matter. Earth is a really nice little piece of real estate and they are the new tenants. They would simply fumigate before they moved in.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

I don't think they would even bother to destroy us. Because they know we will do it our selfs. and when were all gone they land and say : well lets start all over again, but now lets not take the monkey to evolve ....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join