It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula
I think that one of the first "alien invasions" of earth, was when they came here and destroyed most of the dinosaurs.

And wooly mammoths have been found well preserved, that were apparently instantly frozen, with fresh vegetation still in their mouths and a lot of them are found standing upright!....Alien deep-freeze gun?

The mystery of the frozen mammoths > www.answersingenesis.org...
edit on 16-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

They must have come back because mamoths weren't dinosaurs. Not that aliens have ever been here anyway. Plus modern humans, as in us being homosapien sapien, were around at the same time of the mammoth and we weren't wiped out by some cosmic ice gun.
edit on 20-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
We were not wiped out by the aliens back then because that would have been like parents killing their children.Just wait and watch what happens when the evil aliens return...Again...

So i wonder how and why mammoths were found frozen alive,standing upright,with fresh vegetation still in their mouths and undigested food in their stomachs? Food that would have still been breaking down and digesting in the acidic stomachs of the mammoths for a little while,even after they died?

Alien deep-freeze guns?...If not...Lets hear a better explanation...

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
BLOC....you are KILLING ME AGAIN! LOL!

First of all....SCIENTISTS ALMOST NEVER talk about using Nukes to destroy an asteroid or comet. Reason being? Serveral problems.....1. You could turn one big dangerous object into MULTIPLE dangerous objects...

They don't? I have seen around 10 documentaries about asteroids and comets and the threat they "will" pose for us someday. And everyone of those documentaries mentioned nuclear weapons as one of the possible ways for us to divert,explode,or nudge them aside...

But then it has been mentioned several times, that nuclear weapons don't have any explosive force in the oxygenless vacum of outerspace...

So how exactly am i killing you again?
edit on 20-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As it has more then likely been posted multiple times in this thread (tl;dr) I highly doubt if we we're to have nationwide contact with Et's they wouldn't be hostile. If they can travel vast distances across space, I'm sure killing us and taking over would be very low on their objective list, if at all. If they we're here for our resources it would have to be something very rare and only obtainable on this planet. Considering that water is highly abundant in the universe and so is pretty much every other element. I'm sure they could very well find another lifeless planet with key elements found on earth and an ice type planet to harvest whatever they needed.

But let's say for instance that they do come here to take over our planet. What type of weapons would they have? What sort of defenses? Would it be a ground raid or air? or maybe both? If they have any idea of military strategy they would hit our communications first, Then I could see them disabling our nuke's and aircraft carriers, then taking out our air defenses and aircraft. I would assume they wouldn't want to completely destroy everything (as doing this would be counter productive in preserving the atmosphere/environment) They might have weapons that would just disable the electronics inside making 95% of our devices ineffective. Actually they would just need to take out our satellites.. I could go on and on but you see where this is going.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

We were not wiped out by the aliens back then because that would have been like parents killing their children.Just wait and watch what happens when the evil aliens return...Again...

So i wonder how and why mammoths were found frozen alive,standing upright,with fresh vegetation still in their mouths and undigested food in their stomachs? Food that would have still been breaking down and digesting in the acidic stomachs of the mammoths for a little while,even after they died?

What's up with that? ET hoodlums on the loose with a Dr Freeze ray?

How about an avalanche. And it's not clear if the mammoths were really standing "upright".

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

First of all....SCIENTISTS ALMOST NEVER talk about using Nukes to destroy an asteroid or comet. Reason being? Serveral problems.....1. You could turn one big dangerous object into MULTIPLE dangerous objects...

It's not the preferred method at all, but it could work. No you don't act like the stupid movies and have a bunch of rednecks with a token black guy drill baby drill and light off a megaton of moonshine.

Instead you fly the nuke to the proper side of the asteroid, set it off, perhaps a hundred or two hundred meters away from the surface in the proper place. There is no blast wave, but the x-rays, neutrons, and exploding gases from the casing will heat a small layer on the surface and vaporize it. The reaction force from this vaporization (aka ablation) can give a change in velocity for the asteroid. If you get it soon enough the change will result in the intact asteroid missing the Earth.

The preferred solution is to land an ion engine or three with a power source (solar panel, radiothermal, or even fission reactor) and provide long-term controlled thrust, along with measurement and control. This way you can be sure to direct the thrust in exactly the right direction and monitor where it's going.

You'd only resort to the nukes if you don't have enough time left to do a proper job.
edit on 20-10-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Hint, research geology and what happens when an asteriod strikes earth and what happens to the atmosphereic dust and what the effect is when the winds comes rushing back down.. no lazers. Just nature at its mightiest.

And it could happen again.
edit on 20-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

They don't? I have seen around 10 documentaries about asteroids and comets and the threat they "will" pose for us someday. And everyone of those documentaries mentioned nuclear weapons as one of the possible ways for us to divert,explode,or nudge them aside...

But then it has been mentioned several times, that nuclear weapons don't have any explosive force in the oxygenless vacum of outerspace...

So how exactly am i killing you again?

BLOC....you said the MAGIC WORD.....DOCUMENTARIES! LOL! You are talking about what some guy or girl....scientist or NOT....being PAID...to talk about something that holds interest for the DEMOGRAPHIC that tends to watch shows of this nature.....the talked about action being.....BLOWING SOMETHING UP WITH NUKES!

Even the people who are supposed persons of reason....NEED CASH....and nothing says....I AM GOING TO GET PAID!....more so than a hired GUN talking about BLOWING THE HELL OUT OF SOMETHING....with NUCLEAR WEAPONS.

These people KNOW that this type of answer is not only STUPID....and DANGEROUS....as well as a low percentage of sucess.....but they also know....talking about it makes for a good show. There are a LOT MORE less dangerous concepts as well as higher sucess rate. Split Infinity

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
We have no proof that any intelligent civilization outside of our own, lives longer than the human race. The question holds no water.

What if we are, the most advanced intelligent life in the universe? What if other species of intelligent life have destroyed themselves before they got to our technology? What if we are the cutting edge of the universe? The real question is, will we destroy ourselves? Or progress, into the unknown?

edit on 20-10-2011 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
If they can travel vast distances across space, I'm sure killing us and taking over would be very low on their objective list, if at all. If they we're here for our resources it would have to be something very rare and only obtainable on this planet.

Our souls?

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
mystery of the instantly frozen mammoths www.answersingenesis.org...

We have two explanations as far as i can tell...

Unknown cycles of the sun, whose heat out-put fluctuates without warning and causes rapid freezing and heating of the earth, resulting in ocasional extinctions...

Or aliens came here and killed them off and paved the way for modern humans...

And both of these explanations could be true...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

mystery of the instantly frozen mammoths www.answersingenesis.org...

We have two explanations as far as i can tell...

Unknown cycles of the sun, whose heat out-put fluctuates without warning and causes rapid freezing and heating of the earth, resulting in ocasional extinctions...

Or aliens came here and killed them off and paved the way for modern humans...

And both of these explanations could be true...

No. You have two explanations," We" don't. Science says your wrong in both. And that last one about the sun haviing a "heatout" It would have killed us as well and yes we were here with the mammoth in our current form being homo sapien sapien. And no Mammoth wasn't a dinosaur.
edit on 21-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Something very strange and bizzare happened to those mammoths...The sun? Aliens?...If not then what else?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

What you lose in space is the pressure wave (the primary damaging force of a nuclear explosion on Earth). You still have massive amounts of heat and radiation...but presumably, an interstellar ship would likely have protections against those two things...at least to some degree...

As an earlier poster said, our only real help would appear to be particle beam weapons or rail guns, as our conventional weapons aren't much use against an orbiting foe.

Likewise, in any kind of campaign, we'd need to be able to get into space in order to hit any of the enemy's manufacturing or supply chain locations (which would presumably, be further from us in the solar system, out of our reach), or we'd simply be sitting ducks, unable to strike at our attackers.

Of course, if I was the enemy, I'd simply make 3 waves of drone ships.

1st wave - mission is to simply identify the locations of the Earthling's weapons capable of hitting us, secondary mission is to take out as many as possible. It is not intended for many in the 1st wave to survive, but they are mass produced drones, so who cares?

2nd wave - mission is to take out remaining weapons and manufacturing plants, other infrastructure. Most of the 2nd wave can even participate in the 3rd wave.

3rd wave - obliterate the human presence, with no opposition.

There it is, the 1-2-3 punch strategy that we'd simply be powerless to stop, without the capability of striking their locations for producing these drones. And, not even considering that they simply could bring enough with them to do this in the first place....and all without losing one alien life.

I hope we NEVER have to face such a thing, as I wouldn't bet on our odds.

edit on 21-10-2011 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Thanx to all the radio and television signals that we have been, without considering the consequences, beaming out into space for around 100 years. Aliens with bad intentions probably have already located us and know where we are...I wonder if thats when our ufo and flying saucer sightings increased, when those radio and tv signals finally reached some other alien civilizations?..."Here we are"..."Come and get us"
edit on 21-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
If the evil aliens come because they want our planet all to themselves (e.g., for colonization), then I think humanity will eventually be wiped out.

If they invade for some other reason, such as simply to plunder our resources, then I think enough humans will remain scattered about the planet that the human race will still live on. I can't see the aliens going out of their way to kill every last one of us.

edit on 10/21/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Thanx to all the radio and television signals that we have been, without considering the consequences, beaming out into space for around 100 years. Aliens with bad intentions probably have already located us and know where we are...I wonder if thats when our ufo and flying saucer sightings increased, when those radio and tv signals finally reached some other alien civilizations?..."Here we are"..."Come and get us"

Even the first signal would not have travelled to far as yet relativaly speaking. If there is alien life out there that could get here they most likely wouldn't have even heard us yet.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Even the first signal would not have travelled to far as yet relativaly speaking. If there is alien life out there that could get here they most likely wouldn't have even heard us yet.

Not exactly... Our radio signals are already 110 light years away! and the closest star to earth is around 4 light years away...What have we done? zidbits.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This means that at 110 light-years away from earth — the edge of a radio ‘sphere’ which contains many star systems — our very first radio broadcasts are beginning to arrive. At 74 light-years away, television signals are being introduced. Star systems at a distance of 50 light-years are now entering the ‘Twilight Zone’.

From above link...

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Not exactly... Our radio signals are already 110 light years away! and the closest star to earth is around 4 light years away...What have we done? zidbits.com...

I understand that but 110 light years distance isn't far in the scheme of things. It's a big universe and though there's no doubt in my mind that there's other civilisation out there there's a very real chance they're millions of light years away. Also the closer another galaxy is in distance to our own the younger that civilisation is going to be. And that's not counting in the chance of the those civilisations needing to start again on numerous occasions as human ones have had to do.
edit on 22-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23 >>

join