It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Humanity Withstand An Invasion Of Earth By Evil Aliens From Outer Space?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
i've often wondered if we would be able to survive a real invasion by evil aliens? i'm talking about a full blown invasion. like the allies invading the shores of enemy occupied france during ww2. but with an amarda of alien spacecraft, flying through the void of our milky way galaxy, their mission..."target earth"...then placing into orbit around our planet mother ships, like interstellar aircraft carriers, sending down wave after wave, thousands of assault craft, some robotic drones, some piloted by aliens. just when would we detect their approach? as they passed mars, or the moon? if we even could at all. they might approach earth from the direction of the sun. then our ground based space observations would not be able to detect them coming...heres an alien invasion link >>> en.wikipedia.org...

in one way, it would be a battle of our technology versus theirs. we know what we have and can only guess at what weapons they may have invented and brought along with them. but it's not hard to imagine their spaceships both large and small having impenetrable force sheilds around them and it's not hard to realize that if we confronted their invasion with nuclear weapons. they might not be able to penetrate their sheilds and we would perhaps only harm ourselves, more than these atomic weapons would help us. like the defoliation weapon, agent orange, used in vietnam. they might defoliate our trees and contaminate our outdoor food and water supplies as form's of preemptive strike's. if they were able to stealth their craft from our radar detection and cloak them with invisibility, we would'nt even know anything, until they attacked...

the other problem would be the psychological shock that a real invasion by evil aliens would surely produce across the world. we see aliens all the time on television and in the movie theater. but to actually come face to face with alien's that are here to kill and or enslave us. i'm not sure we could actually overcome the emotional trauma quickly enough, to be able to put up any significant resistance and going by what happened during and soon after the "war of the worlds" radio broadcast in 1938. there would be unimaginable fear and panic, total chaos and probably mass suicides across the world, caused by the instant shattering of faiths and beliefs... heres a link about the radio broadcast of 1938 > >> news.nationalgeographic.com...

this kind of invasion of earth by evil alien's could actually happen to us someday and if anyone think's that it could'nt, just go outside on a clear night and look up...yes it could...
edit on 23-9-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
No more than any given country can withstand invasion from others. It's a crap shoot, and it depends on how unified and mobile the allies are.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
as long as Will Smith and has a cigar then yes

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Hell no, unless we have Torchwood, UNIT, the Fringe team or something we are #ed and you know it. There is no way, our government will leave us out here to fend for ourselves while they chill underground in Denver with some wine.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
um, probably not. But I hope that I'm one of the first to "pass on", because I don't want to be here to see my kids, my mom, my home, my friends...annihilated.
Interesting Q , though

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
How can anyone answer that?

We don't know how aliens think. We don't know their capabilities. We don't know their intent. We don't know what kind of weaponry world governments have hidden.

You assume evil aliens would invade. Why? Why not send down a disease which will exterminate all of human kind? Why not cause mass destruction which will cause world wide famine and death?

I don't buy and alien invasion scenario. I believe they're here, and exist. I also believe they're far too intelligent and technologically superior to invade, which would just turn into one big bloody mess. Pretty sure if they wanted to, they'd have better ways to go about it.

Or.....maybe they'll abduct you, and you'll disappear for letting their secret out of the bag.

edit on 23-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Depends on what they are here to do. If its resources, they will not destroy the planet. If its territory, they will not destroy the planet. Unless they are here just kill us all and blow things up for the hell of it, they would limit the use of their technology in favor of saving the resources and/or territory they so desire.

If they are here to study us. I doubt they would make their presence known.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Unless they have a deathstar, yes. I believe some will survive. Humans have this interesting ability to bounce back when you least expect they will. We are a stubborn lot. We're fragile yet resilient. And if our best technology doesn't work, we'll go back and try something old. And we'll keep coming at you until we find your weakness. And then we will exploit it mercilessly.

ETA: If "evil" aliens wanted to wipe out human life on this planet, they could do it without firing a shot. Just turn us against each other. It works well enough for "tptb". And has for a long time.
edit on 9/23/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No we couldnt, if seen in the typical way. ETs would have superior technology, at least in most cases that could be assumed.

But, remember this, its a frequency match. There is no race negative ETs that could take over this planet if its filled with Love, Equality and Peace. There would be greater intervention. This planet has Higher Ups watching over.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Depends on the amount of their forces and the strategy they employ.
They could have highly advanced technical computer systems that calculate our entire force potential before we even have a chance to mobilize, that would be done through sending probes to investigate our military installation sites.

We wouldn't even have a chance short of launching an armada of nukes and a couple hydrogen bombs at the first wave. Assuming the capability of their fighter craft based on most accounts from people here, our finest jets wouldn't be able to put up much resistance in the event of dogfights. Speed, maneuverability and power of the weapons being our weakness against what we presume to be a much greater intelligence than our own since they have galactic space travel ability.

Then would come the ground assault which is where to pretty much just survive, we would have to create a Helm's Deep fortress in the mountains set up with Gatling guns on the entry points and snipers for miles. Pretty much it would take the greatest determination and willpower, along with luck and bravery, which for humans, is asking a lot
edit on 23-9-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
u mena a fake invasion

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by blocula

well that depends. what is the aliens motivation on invading earth?? Why would they want to be here. If we knew why they were here in the first place that might help on developing a strategy to defeat them.

if they are just here for a slobber knocker of a fight we would win since we would have something to lose and they are just here for fun. once the going got tough they would just leave.

If they are here for a resource we could just give it up or cut a deal. why spend resources to get resources...

If they wanted our planet we could just threaten to blow it up with nukes so if we die they don't get the earth. we will die anyways so that would deter them and have them cut a deal where we can both coexist.

you really need a reason why they are here so then you can figure out an outcome.

heck if they want resources I would deliver and rig them with a bio weapon or some nukes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If they're advanced enough to get here then they're probably non aggressive. In that case they may not possess weaponry at all. At least not the kind of weapons we think of...

However, to compensate I guess they would have incredible defense systems.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I just watched Cowboys & Aliens. The aliens couldn't even beat the cowboys and Indians. We have nothing to be afraid of.

Unless they're the aliens from Skyline. I think we actually lost in that movie. Or Cloverfield... did we kill that thing?!

In all seriousness though, there really is no way of knowing. If a race of beings can travel the universe to get here, I'm pretty sure they can wipe the floor with us. They may not want to, they might just want to mess with us for the sake of curiosity. I read a book once called, The Alien Years. It was really interesting.

The Entities came, quite literally, out of nowhere, landing in cities all across our Earth: Los Angeles, London, New York, Beijing. Fifteen feet tall and indescribably beautiful—or unbelievably hideous, depending on your point of view—the alien invaders treated humankind in the worst way imaginable.

Hopefully we won't find out. If Stephen Hawking is correct, we really don't want to find out.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
If they're advanced enough to get here then they're probably non aggressive. In that case they may not possess weaponry at all. At least not the kind of weapons we think of...

However, to compensate I guess they would have incredible defense systems.

what does being advanced enough have to do with being aggressive or not aggressive...

their motivation to travel so far could be warlike what leads you to the conclusion that they should be peaceful.

there are plenty aggressive smart people on earth, and peaceful ones

what makes ets different that only the smart ones are advanced?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

Well to reach that level of advancement you would have to survive as a species for an extremely long time. That's not a given. Humans, for example, are less than 200 years past the horse-and-cart stage and we've already come close to destroying ourselves on numerous occasions.

Back to the question in hand - I would say it's a "no contest" regardless of what these aliens are like.

To say they would have the logistical advantage would be a great understatement. We are stuck on this rock. They can move freely in space. We would be foolish to assume that they would even need to enter our atmosphere to engage with us in war. They could probably wipe us out from thousands of miles away in space, if they wanted to.

So if we see them in our skies it's a safe bet they know what we're (not) capable of, and don't consider us a threat in any way, shape, or form.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
As many others have stated here.. we are a VERY resilient lot looking at our past. We tend to bounce back from a lot of world shattering events. Not only as depicted in movies ex: Independence Day.. V... Falling Skies etc.. but the human psychi(sp) and will to survive is very strong. We may not be totally wiped out.

Then again that is total speculation because we have no idea what they are capable of as far as weaponry.. delivery systems are concerned.

But on the bright side.. I highly doubt they would be like locusts as mentioned in Independence Day. They are here to help us in one way or another given our history with encounters and messages given to us.

Just pray we have an alien race on OUR side... if not... we are FUBAR

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
To answer your question no we wouldn't survive, if evil aliens attacked. They would probably wipe out all metro areas first then enslave the remaining 1/4 of the pop and put them in labor camps. If they were really evil they would probably set up some system of breeding which leads to them feeding on us, but that might be a long term goal on their part.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
How can anyone answer that?

We don't know how aliens think. We don't know their capabilities. We don't know their intent. We don't know what kind of weaponry world governments have hidden.

You assume evil aliens would invade. Why? Why not send down a disease which will exterminate all of human kind? Why not cause mass destruction which will cause world wide famine and death?

I don't buy and alien invasion scenario. I believe they're here, and exist. I also believe they're far too intelligent and technologically superior to invade, which would just turn into one big bloody mess. Pretty sure if they wanted to, they'd have better ways to go about it.

Or.....maybe they'll abduct you, and you'll disappear for letting their secret out of the bag.

edit on 23-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)
i tried to set up a specific scenario which would show their evil intent and explain possible technologies they may have..this evil invasion is as much a psychological question as it is a technological one

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

that's more like it. Although just because they can get here does not mean they are more advanced in every way. the maya were pretty dang good astonomers but they lacked in other areas. this could be so with ETs they can get from point A to point B but it does not make them good warriors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join