It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If your in San Diego Look Up at 7:45!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

If your in San Diego Look Up at 7:45!

www.nbcsandiego.com

Vandenberg Airforce field is tracking the falling sattelite and says San Diegans will be able to see the fire ball at 7:45 pm.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I have been trying but I haven't been able to get to the live feed to track the sattelite's fall, but heard this on the news just a few minutes ago. Its the first concrete report I've heard all day.

So if your in San Diego, look up at 7:45 - 8:00. We are expected to see a firey show in the sky, heading easterly.

I am charging my video camera battery just in case I catch a glimps. It's been raining off and on but right now it's mostly clear. Fingers crossed

I'm rushing this off because I want to get this out early enough for people to get the word out, only 1:15 from now.

www.nbcsandiego.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 23-9-2011 by windword because: s

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

After passing the city, it will move to Colorado, Minnesota, and New York. Source: Vandenberg Tracking Falling Satellite | NBC San Diego

It's headed for Canada!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
ill be looking... pretty cloudy though..
thanks for the heads up

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

edit on 23-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Maybe we will be lucky and it will fall on Washington DC.

Its still hot in the west and this will raise the atmospheric levels over the west coast as the satellite passes over causing more drag.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I was going to say, how is the weather looking - and even if it isn't cloudy as someone mentioned above, how does the light pollution from a city of this size work? I do not live in a city and am thus unfamiliar

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
City light pollution is strong here, and there are spotty clouds. I'm hoping it'll be bright enough to see, at least through the holes in the clouds.

I hope it goes slow enough and steady enough for pictures. Since I don't where it''ll be in the sky, I wont be using a tri-pod.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, are you in eastern Canada? If so, DUCK! ATS would not be the same without your humor and dry wit.

EDIT: I know this has been shown like 100 times, but not yet in my thread. Here's for posterity!
youtu.be...

edit on 23-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I'm in San Diego. 45 minutes to go, I'm about to hike up the hill across from my house to try and film it!

how essiting!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by boncho

Boncho, are you in eastern Canada? If so, DUCK! ATS would not be the same without your humor and dry wit.

EDIT: I know this has been shown like 100 times, but not yet in my thread. Here's for posterity!

edit on 23-9-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

I've actually been praying that it comes down near me. Specifically, into the building I work at. Does NASA reimburse lost wages

edit on 23-9-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
nothin yet.. i know its still early.. im out east in alpine, the clouds have given way a bit.. lots of lightning though.. alright.. imma go sit outside.. i have a camra, ill try to video it..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm near you, Lake Jennings area. Clouds are clearing here, no lightening but plenty of thunder earlier!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
5 minutes to the predicted passing, if the OP doesn't post soon I will assume the satellite fell on him.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
It's clouding up now and yeah, lots of lightening.

I saw something bright and big moving quickly through the clouds and almost &@#$ my pants trying to get it on video, then I realized it was a helicopter!

My neighbors are laughing at me. They're saying that NASA "postponed" the sattelite pass till 3AM. What? Nasa can't postpone a falling sattelite!

Maybe it didn't happen or maybe I just couldn't see it. Pics or it didn't happen!

NBC is saying, "The San Diego UAR Sattelite Connection: News at 11:00" WTF?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

They postpone satellites launches all the time... oh wait... uncontrollable satellite... Never mind.

new topics

top topics

join