It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the logic in life?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well as we know it 99.9999999999999999999% of the universe is not habitated by life as we know it. My question is what would be the point in life then, everything seems to be here for a reason like the moon perfectly matched to the rotation of the earth or the fact that flour yeast and water makes bread. Everything seems to be in a grand design, except life of course. Why be here for 10 years, not even a fraction of time. What do you achieve and where do you go afterwards? The answer is that we must not be privvy to the grand scheme of things. God or not everything seems to have a place and a reason except us so either we can't see the reason or there isn't one. Why fear the unknown after death, I think this can't be it there must be much more.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Maybe the reason it is, is just that: so we can reason about it. Whenever I think about all the mysteries of the universe, I am glad, because if they were solved, what would I ( or we) have left to do?

But I must admit, the universe is so strange, it boggles the mind the way things are, full of infinites and limits, contradictions, laws which make sense in one space and not in another, etc, ad infinitum. It's quite weird.

Edit: In relation to your statement, I have no fear of death, I too believe there must be more to it. Otherwise, it seems like such a waste. I view death as something akin to a reboot after a firmware update, rather than permanent shutdown.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Conspiritron9000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
it's a state souls can learn lessons in, over and over and over until we're ready.

look at the world tho, we're not even close!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
since the universe is infinite, that 0.000000000000000000000000000000001% becomes a pretty large chunk

meaning is one of our concepts, we live for meaning.

logic? another one of our quirks. we live by logic.

...now that first encounter could work out to be pretty scary

edit on 23-9-2011 by khnumkhufu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I believe in the real God of creation and as long I do, everything for me is clear as day light. People should know the bible, they should trust God like our ancestor did back then, why believe in anything els if most of it, it's just conspiracy theory. The bible is a history book and people associate the bible with religion, which is tottaly wrong! but I guess humans are free to believe whatever he or she wants. But to tell you the truth? most of these answer people seek for, is in the bible, from the bigining of time, to extraterrestial beings, to the end of this system of things, till this date? It hasn't been wrong.

Clear as day, no doubt trust God.

PS. Hi I'm the new guy

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by khnumkhufu

But that's just it, we didn't always live by logic, logic was a human creation, to bring order to things. Before then, we just relied on our senses the way an animal would. Maybe our system of logic itself is flawed, probably is actually, but it works well so we stick with it. But it doesn't incorporate abstract concepts like morality, 'justice' or a certain style or anything of the sort.

I'd be interested to know why some shapes and configurations recur in the universe, like spirals/vortexes, the phi spiral/ratio, fractals, hexagons, tetrahedrons.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Wish I knew.

Until I do, I will continue to operate as I have been:

"Do as you shall, but harm none".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
what you just described is pretty much "anything that can happen, will happen"

or it's possibly all just an unintended consequence of natural creation
edit on 23-9-2011 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

the accident of birth makes it possible for you to post a question. of all the other spermatozoa that may have fertilized the egg yours hit the lottery. thankfully by choice and by good health and medical care Mom was able to bring you into the world.

you hit the big jackpot. the world is your oyster. you may pass the time contemplating questions without answers, sipping fine wine or making love. choose with care; tomorrow is not guaranteed.

how we spend our days is how we spend our lives.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I know what is the logic in life, its simple: To satisfy your past life's bad karma. You see? when people dont have any more bad karma accumulated in their life, there is no more karmic consequence to go after and therefore people will no longer be obligated to keep on reincarnating, unless you want to do is voluntarily to help others satisfy their karma.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
At age 30, I was in a violent car crash, the passenger, single car, and disabled for life---why? (paralyzed, but regained much movement and feeling.)

40 years later, in my wheelchair, a car ran me down and NOW I am in pain-- why?

Now I don't go around saying "Why me?"and complaining, but what do you people say to that...coincidence or punishment or? I say that, in another 40 years, I'll be 110 and that will likely be a Mack Truck that'll "do me in"!

Is this from past lives, or will I reincarnate as a ........car?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
At age 30, I was in a violent car crash, the passenger, single car, and disabled for life---why? (paralyzed, but regained much movement and feeling.)

40 years later, in my wheelchair, a car ran me down and NOW I am in pain-- why?

Now I don't go around saying "Why me?"and complaining, but what do you people say to that...coincidence or punishment or? I say that, in another 40 years, I'll be 110 and that will likely be a Mack Truck that'll "do me in"!

Is this from past lives, or will I reincarnate as a ........car?

No, it is not possible to reincarnate as a car as you suggest, it has to be something organic, but I strongly believe that humans always reincarnate as humans again, not as animal or anything else.

As for your situation, everything happens for a reason, I suggest that you perform a past life regression therapy so you can better understand what karma is affecting you on this life, and what other karma you have pending for future lives, and in this way, you can learn if you can satisfy these bad karmas so that you can shorten the amount of time you have to reincarnate.
edit on 11/9/23 by CanadaMaster because: Corrected Grammatical error on line 5. Replaced "to" with "so"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
People need to stop asking, "Why do we exist?" YOU ARE THE ANSWER TO THE QUESTION. The purpose of life is to live. Now ask yourself, "What am I doing with existence?" Find out if it matches your sense of morality and if it is leading you in a direction that will push the limits of your potential. If you can do this you will find a sense of meaning. Then, if you're feeling ambitious, apply it to that which exists around you. If not, Just sit back and enjoy the ride. Once you are finished your full purpose, of sorts, will be revealed by the mark you left on your friends, family, et cetera, and the world. To be is quite beautiful. Enjoy it.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Ariess because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadaMaster
No, it is not possible to reincarnate as a car as you suggest, it has to be something organic, but I strongly believe that humans always reincarnate as humans again, not as animal or anything else.

As for your situation, everything happens for a reason, I suggest that you perform a past life regression therapy so you can better understand what karma is affecting you on this life, and what other karma you have pending for future lives, and in this way, you can learn if you can satisfy these bad karmas so that you can shorten the amount of time you have to reincarnate.

Very interesting! Sounds like something to investigate, and after filing a suit, in both cases....well, now it's time to have a different reason to spend money.

Any ideas where to go? I see a place in Toronto, none local....yet!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Life, as we know it?
What does the bacteria know of Disney World?

top topics

join