It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Colonel Gaddafi be controlling UARS?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
C'mon guys.... OP, please forgive me here, but I want to throw a comment out.

There have been a number of people observing in threads they make to rant that the level of attack and viciousness has risen here lately. I hope I'm not stepping on toes, but I'll accept that as the price to say this.

This thread is one of the more aggressive if not rude I've recently seen in making an OP feel like an idiot. Now I took a moment, and thats ALL it took, to see that while the OP is wrong in my view, he isn't without basis for the question. Gadaffi is running like a Cheetah with it's tail on fire....but COULD the OP question be POSSIBLE?

U.S. Hosts Libyan Students for 2 annual Space Camp invitation. 2010.

One of Libya's Space Programs

and I don't reprint Wikileaks cables. Even a quote section. However, there is nothing particularly sensitive about it's ID tag, so Cable 10TRIPOLI133 also deals with Libya's very active interest in all things Space and very recent efforts.

These three items required 2 searches with a few search line parameters to filter out spam articles in 2011. Does the technology exist to dump a satellite? Why not? I'd be shocked if a method to simply push or..pull..a satellite into an uncontrolled and barely targeted descent hasn't existed a long time.

NASA couldn't use it, in my opinion, because life shows that breaking something is FAR easier than fixing it and while nudging something into failure may be easy enough for an agency with huge budgets and scientists to develop, I'll just bet doing the same in a precisely controlled way to fix an orbit is a whole different world of problems to solve.

One other thing, since I'm digging a hole for myself here anyway, I might as well hire the backhoe. It seems for many people, starting a new thread is simple on here. No biggy at all. At many other sites I'm on, I can relate. However, for some reason, the traffic and sheer exposure causes me to view ATS a bit differently. While I won't use the word intimidating, it's not easy either. If I'm the only particpating member who feels that way, I'll eat my hat. I personally star threads on work put into it, creative thinking, OR sheer guts to post something likely to be ridiculed or attacked. If it's guts, and not intoxication or just plain stupidity, it gets a star for the effort.

......For those who asked, I am one of the people who starred this thread.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Minor addition

Thanks for supporting me a humble idiot.

Not everywun on AtS got a proppa educateon , me first job was unblockin the toilet st the incontinants anon clinik in Sidney.

Just wish folks cud be polight and lik me threds

I have low IQ but try.

Thank friend they not believe in Gaddafi controllin satellite but it could a happen.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I have no idea why an image of Col.Gaddafi flying a tiefighter came to mind.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
i just saw ghadaffi sitting in a mcdonalds using their free wifi with some kind of program on his laptop screen that said "UARS CONTROL CENTER" that can't be a good thing

You know that is not as silly as it first sounds...Gaddafi could probably hang out at Mcdonalds and never get outed...like Bin Laden ...he can blend in , with his cool shades and Hendrix haircut.
Great post.
But the Wi Fi at Mcdonalds isn't enough.
We are talking serious air patterners.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired

Originally posted by patternfinder
i just saw ghadaffi sitting in a mcdonalds using their free wifi with some kind of program on his laptop screen that said "UARS CONTROL CENTER" that can't be a good thing

You know that is not as silly as it first sounds...Gaddafi could probably hang out at Mcdonalds and never get outed...like Bin Laden ...he can blend in , with his cool shades and Hendrix haircut.
Great post.
But the Wi Fi at Mcdonalds isn't enough.
We are talking serious air patterners.

actually, he would blend in way better at walmart

people of walmart

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

Thanks for the support mate

Added you as a friend

You meet the nicest people here on ATS , forever denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Well come on ,honestly ,do you really think Gaddafi is some super evil genius ,sitting deep in a under ground bunker ,or a super spaceship ,controlling satellites holding the world to ransom ,you make it sound like a austin powers movie ?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Well they do look similar...in a semitic sort of way?

I hope it isn't true , our family have had a meeting over this last night, we don't agree unanimously that it may be happenning but have open minds, and that is what caused the 9/11 tragedy, closed minds, exactly what the plotters relied upon.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

First of all...the largest piece is only 300 pounds....that's like worrying about a dictator throwing me at someone.....It could probably mess up someones day...Might even kill somebody...but it's not going to destroy a town or a city....Probably couldn't even bring down a single building.

Secondly...there is no way to control an out of control satellite burning up in the atmosphere. If He had technical wizardry like that, then he'd be more advanced than the US...It would literally take some sort of Star Trek Tractor Beam to move the satellite...It is completely out of fuel (which is why it's falling...It could not reorient it'self so it's orbit has decayed)

Thirdly....This thread was started as a joke, right? Please say yes!

edit on 23-9-2011 by bhornbuckle75 because: spelling error

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Listen my friend ,worry about what you can change ,and not what you can't.

Don't worry about Gaddafi ,his no fret to you or your family or country ,nor is this satellite falling to earth.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I hope you right on this issue, he seem to be taking on the role of Bin Laden, he like master evil man of Islam world,it is unsettling to my highly strung children, wife, and dog.
Oh the disconcerting vibrations this satellite is giving off.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

According to "heavens above" website the orbit is taking in the greater New York area, its not saying it will hit NY but things looking unsettling?

Is Gaddafi getting excited?
Who knows , but perhaps its time to pray?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   

It's not 'strange' that Gadaffi has disappeared - he's running from an armed rebellion in his country. And as for controlling a satellite - he can't control his own bowels. Far easier to fund terrorists to bomb a Pan Am jet for instance.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Gaddafi as far as the Talmud is concerned is Jewish we all know that don't we here on ATS?
Now he is the new Bin Laden....wanted dead or alive despite being supported for decades by the west and Israel.

Why?

See that is the question ...why?

Not where he is or where he is hiding but .....why?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Gaddafi is nowhere to be seen , he could in fact be in a secret underground bunker with Chinese tracking and remote satellite manipulation devices

Sound's like something out of a B-movie to me.

Imagine if it hits an Atomic reactor...and creates a plutonium cloud. Gaddafi may indeed have the laust laugh?

For God's sake mate, I dont think this is the case!

Your OP should be in the Skunk forum, just saying.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Seriously how in the world are you imagining Gaddafi would be doing this? Voodoo? Because the science to aim a fuel-less Sat. is not available outside of Science fiction....and last I checked Gaddafi was not Lex Luthor! He's just a Dictator of a country....If he had technology like that he wouldn't be losing his war with his own people now would he?

I'm more convinced than ever now that you are just joking

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Well the UARS satellite has crash landed back to earth ,its over ,and it wasn't controlled by gaddafi ,as you predicted.

Its all HERE in black and white.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Yes but the question still remains ....just where is he?...and what dark plots is he undertaking?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Well the latest intell from Libya ,is that gaddafi ,is ready to fire the Noxide double photon beam laser at the earth from his space command center on the moon to end humanity ,this guy must be stopped !

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join