It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Tiny House is Freaking Sweet!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

That is so cool! I could live in that!!!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This reminds me of living in a FEMA trailer....it ain't fun, especially going from a 2,500 foot house with a 3 car garage. I know people still living in one and it gets old really, really fast. Numerous times I awoke with claustrofobic panic attacks after living in one for months on end...

I probably would have thought this a wonderful idea until being forced into the experience.

Rich
edit on 24-9-2011 by Oouthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
nice little setup

did u build it your self?

can you explain your method of leveling it seeing your on a trailer

do you run your electric off a generator?

did you use hurricane clips or any specific tie downs in case of strong winds?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
iʻm a carpenter so i was just wondering about the integrity

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Probably even room for a 50 pound bag of granola..lol. I bet he scores with the Babes and brings alot home from a night out. Ya Think? Not for me, not even. They live in little boxes in Japland, no friggin way....

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Thumbs up on the guy's thinking, but thumbs down on not trying to expand on his thinking area.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by blazenresearcher
You all may or may not have seen this. But What a Concept...Less is More.

A lot of people, even many environmentalists, would not be able to live in such tiny house, if you are not claustophobic, you might be once you start living in such tiny spaces for a long period of time.

IMO, that is just too tiny. Some people exagerate too much. The world won't be saved by that.

As for carbon footprint...again for how long do people have to keep believing that CO2 is evil when it is not?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm
If you could add 1, 2 or 3 small bedrooms with lofts for sleeping, in addition to the loft space, and build an entire neighborhood of these, you could start putting an end to homeless for people with family's. I would imagine rent would be affordable enough some even the extreme poor. While it would be difficult for a family with children to live in a house that small, it would be better than a tent or a motel room.

I think you're on to something and find your idea completely doable
The possibility of reducing the homeless numbers is appealing. Especially, since my daily drive near Los Angeles Street/Skid Row is a sight I see everyday. Puts me in a bad mood every time I see all those people living in less than humane conditions and many of them with small children.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Exactly, it's a matter of perspective. If you had the choice over a place like you mentioned (tent city?) in LA, there's no doubt you'd fall in love with it. I know most .. (including the opinions of my general persona in British society) have the conditioned view that "home" is this luxurious abode for our greedy self-contained lifestyles. Which is not a natural thing, we should share the open "home" of the planet which is unified & self-contained escaping this reality as we witness everyday causes disharmony in the natural order & is actually poisonous for ourselves and the planet... the prospect of utopia shrinks with our rainforests... it's very much one of those now or never scenarios ,unfortunately.
Yea hard to swallow for those caught in the grips of the materialistic frenzy but the reality of this planet and our species , we deny it at our peril. Ignorance has been embraced for way too long.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have a friend who built one of these babies a couple years back. He started out with a 20’x10’ trailer and built everything around that. Because of the weight, he installed an extra axel onto the trailer. He has three in all. It is somewhat heavy with the size, so he’s pulling it with a heavy duty Ford f350. I love it! My wife and I are considering building one of these once our last son is out of the house. That will be in 2 years. We have already started putting together a schematic of what we want. Very exciting stuff! Because of the market right now, we will end up renting out our home until the market comes back up again. I live in northern Minnesota, and do a lot of winter camping. This will be perfect. Nothing like getting up and moving to a location for a year, and then moving to another the next. Our economy will go under. Will you be ready to handle the repercussions when it happens?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

That is so cool for some of the people.. There are many ideas that could be incorporated in a standard structure. I do like the mod design,. For me I would need a bit more room.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Seems a bit small to me, especially at that price tag, but that's just my opinion. As a novelty, its interesting, but practically speaking, I'll stick with a travel trailer if I need a home on wheels.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If that is indeed built on a trailer chassis,must need a powerful truck to pull it,any energy saved from living in it would be negated from vehicle towing it,if it were built on the ground would be cheap[er to build it bigger,my daughters playhouse I built was twice the size,neat gimmic IMO

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EmeraldGreen

Exactly! There's so much unused space here in So Cal, that it blows my mind that we have such a huge homeless problem confined somewhat to an area such as downtown L.A.. I know this isn't the only area but it blows the mind to see people living in a 3x2 cardboard box with a grocery cart next to their "tiny house" that contains everything they own. Heck you may even see a dog tied to the cart.

The idea of building a community made out of these would at least temporarily help those homeless people. It may help them transition their entire lives. Maybe if they had a home to call their own, they could be more productive. Less desired and the unused lands of L.A. County could be developed for these homes and could also include a food bank/cafeteria to assist them certain days of the week with food.

The possibilities are endless with these homes and I wouldn't mind sharing my tax money this way if it helps others who are less fortunate and want to help themselves and/or their families

edit on 9/24/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

manifold potentials

my diagram probably needs an explanations.. so, well, in the same way that he had doors inside the shower toilet, I am confident there are ways to design extra rooms as above (or similar) that can be unfolded from the core furnished with pillows or fold-able stools or hammocks! ... lots of potential in this

btw i'm "not" an anarchist... i believe in orderly disorder!!! Like the branches of a tree reaching toward the heavens

edit on 24/9/2011 by EmeraldGreen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I want a tiny house!!

Now only if we can somehow put a cockpit and motor and just drive it around.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I can understand the philosophy and desire to want to live like this. It's about simplicity and minimalism in life. I can certainly understand that as I currently live and work in one room.

While I love the idea of building my own home (I'd do it using shipping containers) I would need more space than that.

It's a very neat, lovely idea, but improved lifestyle for me means more personal space, not less. I guess it takes a certain mind to want one thing and not another, and I think I'd feel claustrophobic in a home like that.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Even a Japanese residence in Tokyo, which are pretty darn small in comparison with other countries, looks huge. I could -not- live in that, unless I had to. It's.. tiny. Why would someone WANT to live in something where you bump into something every time you turn around? Where you have to cover your toilet before you take a shower?

No thanks. I'll even take a tiny apartment, before I live in that thing.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

This is cool as hell, but I definitely will be staying in my 4 bedroom house with the large backyard. lol. Add 3 kids, a wife, and a dog and NO WAY. hahaha

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join