It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Tiny House is Freaking Sweet!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
You all may or may not have seen this. But What a Concept...Less is More.

Mods...I was going to post under humanity or practical living or something in that area...but there is no category for that.

Hope you like the Vid...Who wouldn't???? Please comment!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I love this guy!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

for Tiny Tumbleweed Houses.

I could totally work with this if I hadn't just bought my house last year and girlfriend wouldn't freak out. What do they cost, like $20k tops to build? Just haul one around the country, very nice.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That's a really nice place he's got there.

There wouldn't be enough place for my books if I had a house like that, but I'd still like to have one just for fun

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I would love to have one of these, if I was single. I can't do it in my current family situation though. I just love the idea of having bare minimum for living, but still having it cute and livable like he showed. I've seen other houses like this, even got a book out of the library on the topic. You should see what they do in Japan where space is at a minimum! Pretty cool. We actually have one of these in our town. It only cost the guy I think $5000 to build. He did it himself. It's actually quite nice.

ETA: $8000 I think. I found a story about it though. www.tinyhousedesign.com...
edit on 23-9-2011 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Yes I believe so...if you build them on your own. Otherwise around 50K. Did you watch the next Vid...absolutely love the guys philosphy...No work...no problem...I can build tiny houses....I work 5 days a month and live in a cool area.....OMG I love it!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

You will have to data storage your books....download...it is possible..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I've always been a fan too! I currently live in a less than 1,500 square foot bungalow...love it, but bought at too high a price! Do I need all this space?...it is not laid out effectively!...I really think I could live...

1. With no mortgage
2. In a smaller space
3. In a creative space...people are so creative...I love it and are researching it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm very conservative so I love this. I have a 4 member family right now so 100 wouldn't do it but why not make a modular design - reminds me of the 1950's House of Future which was small and highly functional but never went anywhere. I would definitely support abandoning the laws to protect mortgage values - they tanked already with them so what good are they?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

You are on the right track...just research..there are so many lovely mini palaces next to streams and lakes and whatever....If you need 1500 for a family of four....plus the outdoor areas...then so be it! Children love and really don't even have to adapt...because they are all about those tree forts and hide-aways...

Ok...you know my secret...I want a tree fort or a hideaway....!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Why would want to live in anything this small unless you had no choice but to. At least make it the size of an average living room or something.
edit on 9/23/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

edit on 23-9-2011 by xX aFTeRm4Th Xx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Why would want to live in anything this small unless you had no choice but to. At least make it the size of an average living room or something.

1) You build it yourself.
2) You get higher quality for less expense (compared to a home or mobile home).
3) You don't actually need much space but 100 sq-ft would push my comfort zone.

I would like to see a plug-n-play design - still with the same portability to expand it to 200 or 300 sq-ft and accommodate more people.

I would caution that raising children in this will eventually get you a visit from the state and your children will be at risk of being stolen from you - for no other reason than you are challenging the status quo.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

Maybe we are a select breed! Not everyone wants to live in a Tiny House...

I don't care if you grew up in the lap of luxury..are you not curious how to sustain ones self?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blazenresearcher

I grew up in the ghetto so stop making assumptions. I don't want to live in a house I can't even fully stretch my arms out in. You don't have to live in an extremely tiny area to "sustain oneself".

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Yeah well you can build a bigger house with all the same points.

Living in a house that tiny would be extremely uncomfortable/unpractical unless I found myself in a homeless type situation. Quality of life issue here. Sure I can live in a tiny box, but would I want to? No.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq

Originally posted by mnmcandiez

I would like to see a plug-n-play design - still with the same portability to expand it to 200 or 300 sq-ft and accommodate more people.

I would caution that raising children in this will eventually get you a visit from the state and your children will be at risk of being stolen from you - for no other reason than you are challenging the status quo.

Good thoughts...you obivious know something about this.

Here is an Architect that...not that he knows...yet...but love his designs....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I'm not focusing on the customer with means ..I am focusing on the the customer that would be more like the graduate, yet currently unemployed, yet creative sort...So...If you can think about this stuff...and obviously, you are interested in this stuff...I would appreciate suggestions.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

I'm not making assumptions...and totally disagree..there is a big movement in this trend....

If you need more or extravegances to exist...then you should look inside not out..

One who looks outside Dreams
One who looks inside Awakens..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If you could add 1, 2 or 3 small bedrooms with lofts for sleeping, in addition to the loft space, and build an entire neighborhood of these, you could start putting an end to homeless for people with family's. I would imagine rent would be affordable enough some even the extreme poor. While it would be difficult for a family with children to live in a house that small, it would be better than a tent or a motel room.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join