It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The answer to life the unverse and everything

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DomCheetham
3d equals depth but one dimension is nothing.
edit on 23-9-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

3 dimentional means height, width, and depth... but that does not mean that height is the 1st dimension, width is the 2nd, and depth is the 3rd.

this was my point when I said that our perception of 3D does not have to begin with the 1st dimension... it most likely starts somewhere in the middle, with unseen/undetected dimension both before and after the 3 that we perceive

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Yes but you can't start with 3 dimesions you have to start with 1 dimesion and it links in with infinity.
edit on 23-9-2011 by DomCheetham because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

1d is nothing
2d is flat
3d has depth
4d has time

standard dimensions would be 1D is a point, 2D is a flat surface, 3D is HxWxD, 4D is time.

however, it is a fact that height, width, depth, and time all exist in the same dimension, otherwise we would not be able to perceive it.

we can see the '1D' point on a piece of paper, because the paper itself is a 3D object... but wait, the paper is flat so isn't it 2D? no...

despite its thin nature, a piece of paper does have 3 dimension.

anything that is outside of the 3D universe that we perceive would not be visible to us. no matter how thin a flat surface may be(even if it is invisible film) it has 3 dimensions

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalisdad

1d is nothing
2d is flat
3d has depth
4d has time

standard dimensions would be 1D is a point, 2D is a flat surface, 3D is HxWxD, 4D is time.

however, it is a fact that height, width, depth, and time all exist in the same dimension, otherwise we would not be able to perceive it.

we can see the '1D' point on a piece of paper, because the paper itself is a 3D object... but wait, the paper is flat so isn't it 2D? no...

despite its thin nature, a piece of paper does have 3 dimension.

anything that is outside of the 3D universe that we perceive would not be visible to us. no matter how thin a flat surface may be(even if it is invisible film) it has 3 dimensions

ok great thats was nice. how does this link into the start of the universe though

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

height, width, depth,

you should think about 3d as just depth

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

ok great thats was nice. how does this link into the start of the universe though

before the Big Bang, there was nothing (1st dimension) and it was infinite
some catalyst of infinite energy (2nd dimension) burst through the nothingness and created something. our universe
the hyperinflation of this energy through nothing caused height, width, depth (3rd dimension) to exist in the newly formed space

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

before the Big Bang, there was nothing (1st dimension) and it was infinite

Superb

some catalyst of infinite energy

How about dimesions created energy

(2nd dimension) burst through the nothingness and created something. our universe

Yeah flat universe

the hyperinflation of this energy through nothing caused height, width, depth (3rd dimension) to exist in the newly formed space

The big bang.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And the reason this is all plausable is because here we are.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

I am more into the belief that the energy that created our universe, is the same conciousness that inhabits all living things in our universe... that energy created everything, and then experienced it through the life that exists.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
yeah you maybe right, i think i was just a bit hammered

thanks for talking to me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

I am more into the belief that the energy that created our universe, is the same conciousness that inhabits all living things in our universe... that energy created everything, and then experienced it through the life that exists.

What you just said is along the lines of what I've always believed. I call it the great unmanifested. It sends out energy and then experiences all through what developes. From a human to a blade of grass or a sun. I don't believe it made a person and a cat or a mouse. I believe it just sent out the potential and everything we know grew out of that potential.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhaal
I always thought the answer was 42

The 42 Divine Principles of the Goddess Maat:

1. I have not committed sin.

2. I have not committed robbery with violence.

3. I have not stolen.

4. I have not slain men or women

5. I have not stolen food.

6. I have not swindled offerings.

7. I have not stolen from God/Goddess.

8. I have not told lies.

9. I have not carried away food.

10. I have not cursed.

11. I have not closed my ears to truth

12. I have not committed adultery.

13. I have not made anyone cry.

14. I have not felt sorrow without reason

15. I have not assaulted anyone

16. I am not deceitful.

17. I have not stolen anyone’s land

18. I have not been an eavesdropper

19. I have not falsely accused anyone.

20. I have not been angry without reason.

21. I have not seduced anyone’s wife.

22. I have not polluted myself.

23. I have not terrorized anyone.

24. I have not disobeyed the Law.

25. I have not been exclusively angry.

26. I have not cursed God/Goddess.

27. I have not behaved with violence.

28. I have not caused disruption of peace.

29. I have not acted hastily or without thought.

30. I have not overstepped my boundaries of concern.

31. I have not exaggerated my words when speaking.

32. I have not worked evil.

33. I have not used evil thoughts, words or deeds.

34. I have not polluted the water

35. I have not spoken angrily or arrogantly.

36. I have not cursed anyone in thought, word or deeds.

37. I have not placed myself on a Pedestal.

38. I have not stolen what belongs to God/Goddess.

39. I have not stolen from or disrespected the deceased.

40. I have not taken food from a child.

41. I have not acted with insolence.

42. I have not destroyed property belonging to God/Goddess.

--------------------------------------------------

The 42 Books of Thoth.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
ok, what have you been smoking? and were can i get some?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Dom, thank's for the time you put into it but I just simpy cant understand anything you wrote in the OP.

Maybe you had one zoot too many eh, just saying, it happens to the best of us.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
1. There never was a starting point for either space or time.
2. Space is time, when the spherically kinetic characteristics of time are stopped to static.
3. Time is space, when the infinite static presence engages in spherical implosion infinite expanse toward the one infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity.
4. All dimensions are circular existences interdependant on all other dimensions for their existence.
5. None of the infinite existences can cease just as they never began.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by kalisdad

This is my conclusion as well. THIS concept is the only thing that makes sense with the perception I am given. I have tried thinking of other possibilities but others just do not make sense...to me of course.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
2. Space is time, when the spherically kinetic characteristics of time are stopped to static.
3. Time is space, when the infinite static presence engages in spherical implosion infinite expanse toward the one infinitely kinetic, infinitesimal singularity.
4. All dimensions are circular existences interdependant on all other dimensions for their existence.

It is my belief that once the awareness began it moved...thus the Universe expands.

Time is an illusion in my opinion, although we perceive it as real it is simply not past, present, or future because from my perception it appears only as the observer perceives, thus not factual in any sense the human brain can work off of. Does that make sense?

I also do not think dimensions are dependent of one another ...they simply are developing as creation develops. If creation were to come to a halt....they would still permeate outside of one another.

Awareness took place though...so that would be the existence of perception, hence a beginning??

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
LUE = E(L*P / U*I)2

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by tkwasny

It is my belief that once the awareness began it moved...thus the Universe expands.

Time is an illusion in my opinion, although we perceive it as real it is simply not past, present, or future because from my perception it appears only as the observer perceives, thus not factual in any sense the human brain can work off of. Does that make sense?

I also do not think dimensions are dependent of one another ...they simply are developing as creation develops. If creation were to come to a halt....they would still permeate outside of one another.

Awareness took place though...so that would be the existence of perception, hence a beginning??

The route to another Dimension is Awareness because Awareness is always moving, like looking through the Eye of Bird, Snaking and Observing the Universe around You.

When you see yourself from above or leave your body then you're stood at the Gate of Infinity, then you have Wings.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join