It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Escape from the World

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Once a year for 10 days i head off to Paradise to unwind from the world...

No TV .. no World news .. No internet access .. no phone .. no pollution .. no traffic .. no crowds .. no processed foods...!!

Just fresh air .. sun .. the sound of palm leaves in the breeze .. fresh fish + fruit .. the clearest waters uve ever seen .. + a few tropical cocktails...!!

AITUTAKI, COOK ISLANDS

Aitutaki is one of the north island of the Cook Islands, and has a population of approx 2,000 which is declining yearly. With no more than 100 visitor allowed on the island at one time.

so may i suggest.. if any of you out there need an escape from this mad world we live in.. + you love the sun + water.. check this place out.

here are some pix from past visits.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Vamp333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Amazing. So is it legit peacefull what are the people there like and could you live there with nothing or little?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

Fantastic images, thanks for sharing.

The Cook Islands group seems to be one of the true unspoilt jewells of the South Pacific.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by quickening

the locals are lovely.. 1st time i travelled there it was just after a major cyclone had hit.. most people on the island had lost their roofs, some their entire house, all their clothes everything.. but they still always had a smile on their face + waved as u passed them.. treated u like family... after 3 visits there i now have locals emailling me askn when i was coming home again.. lol.. love them.

i'll say this... if u wanted to be stranded on any island when SHTF.. food wise this is where i'd want to be.

+ peaceful .. oh my.. the only sound u'll hear is the wind in the palms + the odd fish jumpn out of the water.

edit on 24-9-2011 by Vamp333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Looks beautiful.

What is there to do while there, besides lounging at the beach and fishing though? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

nothing much.. thats the point.

they do have a Golf Course (lol) i'll find a pic of it.

otherwise.. there is a local guy who is an Archaeology who runs a Safari tour on the island.. (he also grows all the lettuce on the island). He'll takes u around the main island telling u stories + showing u the ancient sites + other interesting places.

there is a guy who does a day tour of the lagoon + its little islands.. he also stops a few times during the tour so u can snorkle.. he's also fond of hermit crab racing.

there are two other more commerical boats that do tours of the lagoon.. one also does outter reef tours.

we found a local with a boat who dropped us off at one of the deserted islands in the lagoon for $50 + left us there for a few hours.. that was magical.. felt like the only people on the planet.

we also spend alot of time kayacking on the lagoon finding deserted islands + beaches...

it really is an escape from the world.

GOLF COURSE

CORAL

SWIMMING

SNORKELLING

VISIT CLAM FARM

ANICENT SITE

KAYACKING

GO FOR A WALK

LAY ON A SANDBANK DOING NOTHING

LAY ON BEACH DOING NOTHING

EAT

bbq tuna fish with pawpaw

WHERE WE WERE STANDED FOR A DAY

edit on 26-9-2011 by Vamp333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Vamp333

Left you there on the deserted little island. What if he had a heart attack and never came back for you. You would be stranded there forever.

posted on Apr, 15 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow. Really gorgeous photos. Congrats on doing this...

join