It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michelle Obama Has 26 Servants! Tax Payers Pick Up The $1.75M Tab!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just skimming through some news sights, and stumbled across this, which blew my mind. Michelle Obama has 26 servants, including a hairdresser and makeup artist. No other first lady in the history of our country, has needed so much attention. How out of touch can Barack and his wife be? I cannot believe how much tax payer money our government simply throws away.

www.canadafreepress.com...

Look at this list:

$172,2000 - Sher, Susan (Chief Of Staff)
$140,000 - Frye, Jocelyn C. (Deputy Assistant to the President and Director of Policy And Projects For The First Lady)
$113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)
$102,000 - Johnston, Camille Y. (Special Assistant to the President and Director of Communications for the First Lady)
$102,000 - Winter, Melissa E. (Special Assistant to the President and Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$90,000 - Medina, David S. (Deputy Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$84,000 - Lelyveld, Catherine M. (Director and Press Secretary to the First Lady)
$75,000 - Starkey, Frances M. (Director of Scheduling and Advance for the First Lady)
$70,000 - Sanders, Trooper (Deputy Director of Policy and Projects for the First Lady)
$65,000 - Burnough, Erinn J. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
$65,000 - Reinstein, Joseph B. (Deputy Director and Deputy Social Secretary)
$62,000 - Goodman, Jennifer R. (Deputy Director of Scheduling and Events Coordinator For The First Lady)
$60,000 - Fitts, Alan O. (Deputy Director of Advance and Trip Director for the First Lady)
$60,000 - Lewis, Dana M. (Special Assistant and Personal Aide to the First Lady)
$52,500 - Mustaphi, Semonti M. (Associate Director and Deputy Press Secretary To The First Lady)
$50,000 - Jarvis, Kristen E. (Special Assistant for Scheduling and Traveling Aide To The First Lady)
$45,000 - Lechtenberg, Tyler A. (Associate Director of Correspondence For The First Lady)
$45,000 - Tubman, Samantha (Deputy Associate Director, Social Office)
$40,000 - Boswell, Joseph J. (Executive Assistant to the Chief Of Staff to the First Lady)
$36,000 - Armbruster, Sally M. (Staff Assistant to the Social Secretary)
$36,000 - Bookey, Natalie (Staff Assistant)
$36,000 - Jackson, Deilia A. (Deputy Associate Director of Correspondence for the First Lady
edit on 23-9-2011 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
and we wander why the nation is going broke? here it is

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
And I was feeling guilty for ordering room service in a paid hotel room.

$60 tab, and I don't pay for it... After reading the OP I'm going to order a full bar just for the hell of it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
servants ? very poor taste

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

i see your fine outstanding op and raise it with a link i was shown last nite by a friend

The First Lady, 47, chose to wear Miss Decker's Lotus cuff, with 2.9 carats of diamonds, costing $15,000, the Gothic cuff with 2.17 carats of diamonds, costing $15,350, and the $11,800 Quatrefoil bracelet with 1.73 carats of diamonds to the Gotham Hall event. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

they represent all the "poor people" of this country and the king and queen are loved

makes me sick to my stomach about how all the rich should pay more crapola.

they play we pay time for them to go

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
why would someone need 26 "servants"?

probably some kind of scam going on here..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Sorry to burst bubbles, but the line "no other first lady in history has needed so much attention" may be correct, but it is misleading.

www.snopes.com...

www.whitehouse.gov...

www.washingtonpost.com...

old.news.yahoo.com...

m.factcheck.org...

Oh yeah.. and they aren't "servants"... they are employees.
edit on 9-23-2011 by rogerstigers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
It is clear people have nothing better to do. Instead of expecting her/him to be anything other than what she is, an american president, work on your self. This kind of behavior just reflects the inner-feelings and true beliefs you guys adhere to, you observe him/her as an outsider which forces you simpletons to believe he will fix this mess that has been made, or approach in a different way. He is no different from any other American president, she is no different ,let him be. Everyday you guys wake up and try to figure out ways to convey how different they are. lol

I was always told be the change you want to see in people.
I was also told its very foolish and impractical to bash your american president with insolent comments since, bashing = n0thing. But, hey.......Lets watch the sheep.

edit on 23-9-2011 by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS because: addition

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
When I gaze upon our first lady and all her nice things, nice people to cater to her needs, and nice attitude reported by many who have worked around her, one name comes to mind. She's beyond calling names or making fun of. Just consider one name when watching FLOTUS.

Imelda Marcos.

For those were were born after? A few minutes to look her up may make for interesting reading in context here.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Self improvement!! What is this heresy you speak of!?! Why its the clucking of ones tongue over the doings of others rather than taking personal inventory that made this country great!! Our entire media is based upon it as is our foreign policy. We must never stop peeking over the fence...checking our neighbors paper and pawing through the garbage of those we deem unlike us.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by irsuccubus
reply to post by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

Self improvement!! What is this heresy you speak of!?! Why its the clucking of ones tongue over the doings of others rather than taking personal inventory that made this country great!! Our entire media is based upon it as is our foreign policy. We must never stop peeking over the fence...checking our neighbors paper and pawing through the garbage of those we deem unlike us.

Or start to save a few bucks here and there...

Classic:

edit on 23-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
they aren't "servants"... they are employees.

Sorry to burst your bubble but "employee" is code for slave
You have an employer you are there slave, unless you live self reliant and live free of money you are a slave

edit on 23-9-2011 by mosheh24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Snopes.com: Claim: First Lady Michelle Obama has an unprecedented number of staffers working for her.

MIXTURE OF TRUE AND FALSE INFORMATION

In fact, according to Anita McBride, Laura Bush's former Chief of Staff, Mrs. Bush had between 24 and 26 staffers working for her by the end of her husband's second term in office. It's therefore fair to say that the size of Michelle Obama's staff is not "unprecedented," but rather on a par with her immediate predecessor's.

Moreover, according to the Associated Press, several other First Ladies had larger numbers of personnel working for them than Michelle Obama does:
A look at some first ladies and their staff sizes:

Laura Bush: Between 24 and 26 by end of President George W. Bush's term in 2009, according to Anita McBride, Mrs. Bush's chief of staff.

Lady Bird Johnson, whose signature issue was beautifying roadways, had a staff of 30, said Stacy A. Cordery, a history professor at Montmouth College in Illinois who studies first ladies.

Betty Ford had almost the same number.

Jacqueline Kennedy, who made renovating the White House her cause, had about 40 people on staff, Cordery said.

In reality, she has the same number, or fewer, then her predecessors. If you want to see this number reduced elect Ron Paul. He's about the only candidate out there that would probably cut staffers.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Is this even serious? Every administration has many many servants if this is the new parlance we're using.

From the title you'd think taxpayer dollars are going to people who put slippers on the first lady's feet, or some poor chap who tastes the food first in order to make sure it's safe. Servants? Really?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Wow does she do anything on her own?? I was waiting for a body movement coordinating manager on pay list or maybe even a assistant washroom bum wiper....wow just wow

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
OMG!

Why does she have 26 "servants" catering to her every whim? Hmmm........maybe because she is married to the MUTHA EFFIN' PRESIDENT!!

How many other First Ladies had "servants" catering to them? Think about it!

Quit being ignorant, racist or Conservative, or whatever your motive is here to make this utterly useless thread.

CASE CLOSED!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Can anyone verify that these "people" are actually real, or are actually ghost entities collecting a check from tax payers...

or better yet... how about 26 S corporations involved in fictitious commerce under fictitious names, all belonging to the FLOTOUS? (Yes, I spelled that right, you figure it out...)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl
$113,000 - Rogers, Desiree G. (Special Assistant to the President and White House Social Secretary)

Boy that sure is some list of personal servants to the first lady.

At least when Bush was bashed it was about things that actually mattered.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
So she is a job creator?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
nvr mnd
edit on 24-9-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join