It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amateur Photographs Doomed Satellite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Amateur Photographs Doomed Satellite

www.space.com

Using a 14 inch telescope in Northern France, amateur astronomer Thierry Legault was able to capture the UARS satellite while still on-orbit, a few days prior to its fateful meeting with the Earth's atmosphere.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.space.com
www.guardian.co.uk

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This is a pretty cool video, where you can see the UARS satellite tumbling and turning still in orbit over Earth. With all the wonders of where is it going to crash and burn, its nice to see what it looks like up there too.

And yes, it does appear that the Eastern Seaboard may get showered by debris as well! Heads up folks!

www.space.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've had the news on all day waiting for updates and they haven't said much.

Do they have any ideas yet?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Its looking like Russian Roulette! Last they said was, since it slowed down a bit, it may crash on the Eastern Seaboard of the US. They say it may happen late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

So, to my fellow ATS brethren on the east coast and farther west, get your cameras and video recorders ready. Hopefully we will have an awesome skyshow within the next 24 hours.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Latest I heard 9:00 pm est tonight,
possible US east coast.

Those in the eastern states
are getting concerned as I am.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
possible US east coast.

where did you get that info?

I'm in NJ.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Fantastic...nicely caught on film...sure is tumbling isn`t it?...I am sure loads of people will want to see this S & F!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

possible US east coast.

Do you mind me asking you where that info has come from?...is it from NASA themselves?

Stay safe!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

UPDATE #11 FROM NASA

Update #11
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 04:30:46 PM PDT

As of 7 p.m. EDT on Sept. 23, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 90 miles by 95 miles (145 km by 150 km). Re-entry is expected between 11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, and 3 a.m., Sept. 24, Eastern Daylight Time (3 a.m. to 7 a.m. GMT). During that time period, the satellite will be passing over Canada, Africa and Australia, as well as vast areas of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. The risk to public safety is very remote.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

NASA has updated to say it will hit between 11 pm and 3 am.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jools

IMHO sounds like it's going down in water!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
reply to post by Jools

NASA has updated to say it will hit between 11 pm and 3 am.

I've just posted the update above

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Thanks OP for the striking video footage, people are perhaps getting a bit hyped up iver this, but remember the total mass of the expected debris is only approx 500kg... half the weight of a small car.

The only real concern is if plutonium is onboard, but that hasn't been stated, so it will probably be OK.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

It would suck if there was a radioactive core on board. But I do believe they are making a mountain out of a molehill with this. I just want to see the fireworks, but being in Chicago, I dont know if I'll see anything.

I still think you have a better chance of getting hit by "Blue ice" than a satellite!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
Thanks OP for the striking video footage, people are perhaps getting a bit hyped up iver this, but remember the total mass of the expected debris is only approx 500kg... half the weight of a small car.

The only real concern is if plutonium is onboard, but that hasn't been stated, so it will probably be OK.

Beryllium...but that won't enter atmos as far as NASA said

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Why are they purposefully using the word DOOM? I am really starting to get perturbed here. Why not defunct or decommissioned or dead or late or....how about this: the UARS?

They are absolutely promoting fear! I don't watch television because it's so damaging and conditioning and now there seems to be no escaping the concurrent blatant-liminal (opposed to subliminal) reporting!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

possible US east coast.

That'll be my state. My city. My street and my house. Watch!!!!

West Palm Beach reporting here....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Why are they purposefully using the word DOOM? I am really starting to get perturbed here. Why not defunct or decommissioned or dead or late or....how about this: the UARS?

They are absolutely promoting fear! I don't watch television because it's so damaging and conditioning and now there seems to be no escaping the concurrent blatant-liminal (opposed to subliminal) reporting!!

Now now, I think they are just saying the "doomed" craft. It is doomed isnt it? Why not call it what it is!
Well, i dont think "screwed" would work as well.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

Sorry, I messed up the quote thingamajig.

Action.
Take 3.
And roll......................

But the craft isn't doomed. It's already dead. You only sense doom if you're alive or functioning.
Doomed?....the UARS? That is to laugh for.

Now now, I think they are just saying the "doomed" craft. It is doomed isnt it? Why not call it what it is!

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: quote fixing

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by GenRadek

Sorry, I messed up the quote thingamajig.

Action.
Take 3.
And roll......................

But the craft isn't doomed. It's already dead. You only sense doom if you're alive or functioning.
Doomed?....the UARS? That is to laugh for.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: quote fixing

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

Eh, I think its just to add "pizzazz" to the event. I guess it was doomed when it died, but now, its doomed to burn up soon. Either way, I hope to see the fireworks!

edit on 9/23/2011 by GenRadek because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join