It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Women In The U.S. Military Being Raped By Commanding Officers! With NO Recourse!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

Ok. The beer may not be free then, but it is certainly very tempting after a long day and it's readily available for sure. Other than that, you argeed with me about everything. And I agree somewhat that everyday life condones it; HOWEVER it all comes down to self-control, right? And it seems to me as if military personnel are not trained to think for themselves whatsoever. They are trained to do as they're told, with no second thought about what's wrong/right. Otherwise these endless wars never would have started, because nobody would accept an order to attack another person on their homeland. So you're taught to act instinctively, and also, these are commanding officers who have been given an air of authority. Just all adds up to a whole lotta shady behavior, to me.
edit on 23-9-2011 by greenWeenie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

Originally posted by Langerer

Apparently the US Military is accepting individuals who rape as civilians according to you. That and there are 19k rapes per year for a number of years. That is what is going on.

Where did you get 19k? Did you just guess a number that sounds good an post it?

The truth is no man or woman deserves to be raped. Not in the military or in the "real" world.

Right, but you think we should make goods for you to bring the deficit down because we're spending all the money.. that is the most uneducated statement I've ever heard. Soldiers don't spend government money you do realize this.. don't you?

You want to solve this problem? Do what so many civilians have suggested in the past. If a man rapes, cut his manhood off. Surely these military men are not all about their ding a lings. Let these "real" men serve out their careers with no ding dong. You could do that, or the military could grow a pair themselves and deal with this issue by prosecuting these vial creatures they call soldiers.

This is so unrealistic I'm not even going to comment on why this is wrong, and a horrible idea.

Oh wait.. how about if you touch a girl and she calls the cops on you, and you get convicted of rape you get your "ding dong" cut off.. yea great idea

The excuse of you can't start prosecuting these officiers is pure bs. What you can't have is people going around raping others. Period.

I agree with this, but your recent statement was out of control.

You didn't even watch the videos did you? If you did you would know that the 19k comes from the Department of Defense. How can you comment on something when you don't even know the scale of the issue?

For the record, no I do not believe the US Military should be producing goods. I never said I did. I was only responding to your response to the other poster and your comment about civilians raping before they become military.

As far as cutting the goodies off... well if these are supposed to be men of honor serving the USA then raping their fellow service men/women, slicing their member off doesn't sound so bad to me. However, I did say that the military could just prosecute and I would much rather see this happen as it would remove these rapist from the service altogether.

I had to comment on this as well. You stated:

"Oh wait.. how about if you touch a girl and she calls the cops on you, and you get convicted of rape you get your "ding dong" cut off.. yea great idea."

Do you really think that you can be convicted of rape for touching someone? Really? Rape involves forced intercourse. This is something that can be proven with DNA testing. Touching is not rape no matter what a man or woman says.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Langerer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I am in the military...so I don't think my view is distorted at all. I see lots of stuff from a lot of different people. Mostly all good but there are elements that don't fit anywhere in society.

As far as training anyone to break beer bottles over their heads...not part of my training and not anybody I know...that comes with being young, drinking alcohol, and stupidity.

Not very many patroitic chants as you call them...the military calls it cadence and while there are elements that could be considered patroitic most come from popular songs of the day and some traditional historical songs.

Lots wrong with the military and lots right...the military is a piece of our society a reflection if you will and we should all know from watching the news that there is both good and bad...its how you deal with the bad that makes a difference.

As for the military making automatic crazed killers...never met somone yet that felt like killing someone...the ones that brag are the ones that mopst likely have never even seen combat much less had to kill. Believe me in the heat of the moment the adrenelin rush makes people feel and say things but when its all over and they time to reflect...there is not much celebrating a kill.

We just have to realize that people do evil things and they must be dealt with...in the military and in the civilian world.

FREE BEER ? Are you kidding...No alcohol is allowed in Iraq or Afghanistan...courts martial if caught. I know soldiers on food stamps so they can feed the families they have back home. Your Tax dollars (and ours by the way) mostly goes to pay for equipment and to pay CIVILIAN Defense contractors not to the soldiers that are being shot at and losing legs.

And I hit the reply button to the wrong one Bravo just ignore it and think of it as a shotgun blast to the other post I referenced.

When you grow up go troll so where else
edit on 9/23/2011 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

My goodness.....you are indeed Green and you are a Weenie if you actually believe what you are posting. No one would follow orders to attack someone else in thier homeland....its been happening since humans have been breathing my friend....read a little history and learn something. Romans attacked everyone....Germans attacked bunches....English attacked a bunch....and yes America keeps the tradition of war alive...if you think soldiers like war then wow...come and talk to a few.

I was in the Air Force and now I am in the Army and I still think for myself....appparently more than you think because based on your post you do not....this thread is about some stupid A-hole commander raping another soldier and getting away with it....do you think we are proud of that? NO...but it happens on the outside more than you think and much more often than it does in the military.

The miltary has courts and a system to punish law breakers and it is much harsher than any civilian court could dish out...and it should be. No one blindly follows orders...most Commanders welcome input from their soldiers...does not mean the plan does not go forward as put out but they do listen....and soldiers make many decisions themselves in the heat opf battle based on the plan...sometimes because of idiots they make bad decisions.

Beer is readily available to everyone...soldiers do not have an exclusive deal with Budweiser...and yes alcohol makes people do stupid stuff and illeagal stuff

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
reply to post by greenWeenie

You really need to learn more about military training. We are not trained to follow orders without thought, not only are we allowed to think for ourselves, we are encouraged to.

Military personnel are required to think "outside the box" so that we can adapt, overcome, and survive situations which would put most civilians into a complete and utter panic.

Your common soldier/sailor/airman/marine not only does not condone rape, but will defend a victim to the death.

I agree that 19K is a huge number, but in the US, on average there are 105 Million rapes commited per year.

31Bravo & DJMSN

, although I think you can be a bit snarky sometimes, please help me try to educate this....person.
edit on 24-9-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
more proof that american army is a bunch of murderers and rapist psychopaths hellbent on world domination and mass genocide.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If fellow troops are being raped what do you think is happening to female afghanistanis or iraqis?

You can't end the military, you have to end the wars and women should not be in the army
it was a stupid idea and still is today

what is even more stupid is that more women are still joining
i'm not saying they can't be soldiers, i'm just saying watch the video again

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31415926
there is probably nothing that can be done. you can't get rid of the commanding officers or it would be anarchy

There are many things that can be done.
First and foremost, the people doing this must be held accountable for their actions, which is also the hard part, but the more this gets out, the more people who know, the easier it will become.

Just so you know, I am prior military, and behavior of this sort sickens
and enrages me.

Some people just need to learn that they are not above the law.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Langerer

Just one thing to say to this, Langerer, men are not the only ones that commit rape.

What are you going to cut off of the women that rape men and other women?
edit on 24-9-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: syntax

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

If china comits 200 Million soldiers, thats a 6th of their population and probably around a quarter of their male population. Such numbers have not been seen since World war one and two and even then it was only a minority of countries who committed such a high percentage of their population to the war.

Actually, China has a standing Army of 4,585,000 which comprises 3.4% of their population, so if they commit 200.000.000 troops, it is less than 1/2 of what they have available.

Source

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

You didn't even watch the videos did you? If you did you would know that the 19k comes from the Department of Defense. How can you comment on something when you don't even know the scale of the issue?

For the record, no I do not believe the US Military should be producing goods. I never said I did. I was only responding to your response to the other poster and your comment about civilians raping before they become military.

As far as cutting the goodies off... well if these are supposed to be men of honor serving the USA then raping their fellow service men/women, slicing their member off doesn't sound so bad to me. However, I did say that the military could just prosecute and I would much rather see this happen as it would remove these rapist from the service altogether.

"Oh wait.. how about if you touch a girl and she calls the cops on you, and you get convicted of rape you get your "ding dong" cut off.. yea great idea."

Do you really think that you can be convicted of rape for touching someone? Really? Rape involves forced intercourse. This is something that can be proven with DNA testing. Touching is not rape no matter what a man or woman says.

I did watch the videos, and I never heard 19K a year, I just heard 19K.

Now on to the next point, there have been men tried and convicted of rape simply on the word of one women and then found to have not done anything but touch her, if that, at a later date, sometimes years later. These men's lives were ruined, freedom stolen, and reputations destroyed.

Yet rarely does anything happen to the women who have done this to these men, is not their crime as reprehensible as rape?

Rape is not just forced intercourse, do some research.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63
reply to post by Langerer

Just one thing to say to this, Langerer, men are not the only ones that commit rape.

What are you going to cut off of the women that rape men and other women?
edit on 24-9-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: syntax

I see your point, but if you look at the statistics, about 94% of male rape is perpetrated by a male, while 6 percent is perpetrated by a female.
thehathorlegacy.com...

Also, about 1/10 rapes is a male rape, which means that females are taking the brunt of rape 90% of the time.

Rape is something that generally happens to a woman, by a man. Yes, women can rape men, and men can rape men, and women can rape women, but in general, overwhelmingly it's a male to female issue. In the link I posted, a quote is: “Rape-free societies were characterized by sexual equality in which both genders shared power and were deemed to make important contributions, albeit in different ways, to the welfare of the society." What this means is that the problem of rape is our male-dominated society, which is why it shows up in mostly male to female rape.

If we had a female dominated society, you can bet there would be a lot of women raping men, but the fact remains that we live in a patriarchial society and you should not be spending your time nitpicking at the few women who rape men and saying that somehow the crimes are equal. On an individual basis, yes they are, rape is a horrible thing, but an overwhelmingly higher amount of women experience the crime than perpetrate it, and an overwhelmingly higher amount of males perpetrate the crime than experience it. Males raping females is a societal problem that needs to be addressed.

As for women being raped in the military: simply unacceptable. Any type of violence to a comrade is unacceptable. it is not the woman's fault because she is there, it is the male's fault for thinking, "Wow, you know, I think that is acceptable for me to rape this woman. Just because I can." Clearly, there needs to be some sort of recourse for women who are raped by their commanders, who are the people they would tell in that type of situation. Also, women shouldn't have to ever be afraid of reporting it, and there should also be severe consequences if a woman lies in her report. But so many people are afraid of women "lying" about being raped. I don't think you understand how hard it is to admit to something like that even if it isn't true. Yes, sometimes women lie about it, but not as often as you might think, because the embarrassment and shame that come with having yourself violated like that, even if it's not true, is hard to bear, especially when our society continues to blame the victim, meaning, women are going to be told it's their fault and be condemned for the rape even if it didn't happen. "Well, why were you provoking him? Why were you wearing nice things? Why did you join the military if you knew there was a high chance of rape?" That type of victim blaming takes it's toll, even when the crime did not occur.

On a last note, women are not conniving evil creatures who are out just to ruin men's lives. Some women are, but not women as a whole.
edit on 9/24/2011 by spacekc929 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

I did watch the videos, and I never heard 19K a year, I just heard 19K.

Now on to the next point, there have been men tried and convicted of rape simply on the word of one women and then found to have not done anything but touch her, if that, at a later date, sometimes years later. These men's lives were ruined, freedom stolen, and reputations destroyed.

Yet rarely does anything happen to the women who have done this to these men, is not their crime as reprehensible as rape?

Rape is not just forced intercourse, do some research.

What the videos again. Both of them as I do not recall which one indicated 19k per year. I would also strongly recommend you look at the medical definition of rape

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
19.000 rapes a year within the military
is not a few bad apples in a bunch
is a whole batch gone sour
or
its a reflection of the culture you promote and live in,

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zerbot565

That would be the same culture you live in by the way...the military is the same bunch of apples you live in...the civilian world. The military is a reflection of our society as a whole...soldiers are no different than your next door neighbor and who knows maybe a soldier is your next door neighbor.

Just because someone wears the uniform does not make them more likely to committ rape....soldiers are not wholesale raping women in Iraq or Afghanistan...no evidence to suport it.

The Pentagon supplied figures (see link below) indicate in 2008 that 2923 sexual assault cases were reported...fry cry from the 19k figure...but also only 10-20 percent are reported and not enough prosecution. Not necessarily from cover ups but from the victims not wanting to supply information to charge someone. Thats way too many and the military needs to do a better job of policing soldiers.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 9/24/2011 by DJMSN because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJMSN
reply to post by 31Bravo

I am in the military...so I don't think my view is distorted at all. I see lots of stuff from a lot of different people. Mostly all good but there are elements that don't fit anywhere in society.

As far as training anyone to break beer bottles over their heads...not part of my training and not anybody I know...that comes with being young, drinking alcohol, and stupidity.

Not very many patroitic chants as you call them...the military calls it cadence and while there are elements that could be considered patroitic most come from popular songs of the day and some traditional historical songs.

Lots wrong with the military and lots right...the military is a piece of our society a reflection if you will and we should all know from watching the news that there is both good and bad...its how you deal with the bad that makes a difference.

As for the military making automatic crazed killers...never met somone yet that felt like killing someone...the ones that brag are the ones that mopst likely have never even seen combat much less had to kill. Believe me in the heat of the moment the adrenelin rush makes people feel and say things but when its all over and they time to reflect...there is not much celebrating a kill.

We just have to realize that people do evil things and they must be dealt with...in the military and in the civilian world.

FREE BEER ? Are you kidding...No alcohol is allowed in Iraq or Afghanistan...courts martial if caught. I know soldiers on food stamps so they can feed the families they have back home. Your Tax dollars (and ours by the way) mostly goes to pay for equipment and to pay CIVILIAN Defense contractors not to the soldiers that are being shot at and losing legs.

And I hit the reply button to the wrong one Bravo just ignore it and think of it as a shotgun blast to the other post I referenced.

When you grow up go troll so where else

hey man I think we're on the same side of this argument.. I'm sorry if I mixed you up with some of the idiotic statements in here so I apologize. Some where along the lines I thought you were one of the liberal ATS members.. so sorry about that.

Just read your U2U
I think we both were on a roll! No worries.
edit on 24-9-2011 by 31Bravo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicWaterGate

Mr X-ULTRA/QUANTUM/K... Commenting on your T-Shirt & just saying probably what your asking: When will the rest for the dead take place, and when will will the new world come???O He said to them, " What you are LKing forward to has come, BUT YOU don't know it."

what the heck are you talking about?

None of that made any sense?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join