It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Update: falling satellite could impact eastern U.S.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks Scewy Wrabbit!

I think we are at a point where we don't trust anyone or anything of authority. Period.

Now, couple that with the 'end time' jitters of 2011 and/or 2012 well.....it's a mental breakdown waiting to happen. And I read somewhere that anti-depressants are at an all-time high. You think? (don't anyone take these pills by the way. Please!)

And this goes back to not trusting anyone. Big Pharma sleeps with the government who owns the media. So......they are creating a flock of scared sh*tless sheeple who are expecting something bad to happen any minute.

And if we had a POTUS like the good old days (before I was born) who would extend an arm and embrace his People and reassure them that everything is alright then things might not feel so out of control. But no. That doesn't happen anymore. In fact, it's the POTUS who puts us in these dangerous situations in the first place but I am getting off topic here. (deep breath)

I think I just don't like NASA. I don't trust them and I don't believe them. But my more reasonable side knows the odds are stacked up against any of this causing harm. But it's just that there's a NASA attachment to it all I s'pose.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: changed 2011

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Originally posted by redoubt
I would like to take this opportunity to briefly uncork my prediction of said sat fall made back on 18 September2011:

Roughly... along a line between south of San Diego, CA and Virginia Beach, VA... with a rain pattern that extends roughly 100 miles to either side based on jet stream and wind currents. Post Link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good Morning America or Today or any mainscream news network that would like an interview - providing a correct prognostication - may contact me here at ATS for arrangements.

(**Note to ATS: Yes! You get a cut if I get it right,)

Whew, Florida is safe from democracy....I mean, safe from a falling satellite, then? Thanks
to your uncanny ability to predict!

Florida? Safe from democracy?

(**Redoubt stares into his beer bottle looking for foreign residue in the bottom**)

Actually, I'm not psychic... as you can probably note by my total missing that point of the Florida ref.

No matter. Have a nice day

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Getting very close now. 4 hour window.

Update #11
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 01:30:46 PM GMT-1000

As of 7 p.m. EDT on Sept. 23, 2011, the orbit of UARS was 90 miles by 95 miles (145 km by 150 km). Re-entry is expected between 11 p.m. Friday, Sept. 23, and 3 a.m., Sept. 24, Eastern Daylight Time (3 a.m. to 7 a.m. GMT). During that time period, the satellite will be passing over Canada, Africa and Australia, as well as vast areas of the Pacific, Atlantic and Indian oceans. The risk to public safety is very remote.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No the examiner is not a tabliod. I write for them an I have been writing for a year now there. There are a lot of good writers an some bad ones as well. The writers are responisible for their own research so the quality is ony as good as that person's ablity to research. It is interesting writing but it is like about.com.

I write about home based businesses that is why I have not written about this.

Is it on par with say, The New York Post? Or USA Today? Or The Sun?

Are they an actual pulp newspaper or an online one?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jools

I think out of this people will be asking more questions about the safety of our planet and it`s people.

It's ironic ....the only thing that doesn't make this planet safe ARE its people!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
well hopefully nothing falls in the northeast. We are getting hammered with rain. Nice going nature...way to make us blind to death from above

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
UARS is now over Florida, at an altitude of 156 km.

Of course, by the time I get done writing this post, it'll have passed over Florida... so, don't worry about it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

And it passed almost directly over my head a couple minutes ago.
Now, it's moving on. But, it'll be back... ohh, it'll be back....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
One thing for sure here it is so cloudy I would never see it coming!!!Suppose I will have to sit outside around midnight and listen.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Cloudy here also so I doubt
I will be seeing it but if I hear
its close and in my area I will
go look just the same - maybe it
will light up enough to glow thru
the clouds.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Here is what my local news has to say about it.

According to James Oberg, NBC space expert and 1962 graduate of Kenmore East High School, the satellite will pass over the United States at 1045pm eastern. It will first be seen over San Diego, then on to Colorado, Minnesota, and New York State. Our Scott Levin interviewed Oberg about the falling satellite. Click on the video player above to watch it. At 12:20 am eastern, the satellite, if still in orbit, will cross over Oregon, Washington, Tip of NY and into Canada. At 1:50am eastern, the satellite will fly over Canada. The satellite may only be as high as 50 miles up, so the average person will be able to see a fire ball and may also hear the satellite racing by. If there is cloud cover, you probably will not see it. Storm Team 2 Meteorologist Mary Beth Wrobel says it will likely be too cloudy in Western New York to see the satellite as it falls to earth.

www.wgrz.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by CLPrime

And it passed almost directly over my head a couple minutes ago.
Now, it's moving on. But, it'll be back... ohh, it'll be back....

I just saw how it sashayed right on over Canada just now.....and you actually saw it? Is it lit up?

Hmmm, maybe YOU'RE the east coast they're planning on this thing to go down on. Because it is traveling more in the northern hemisphere.

God speed one and all.
UARS

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

WOW!! That site is down! Hope it comes up back soon!
Talk about a rush to watch!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I didn't see it, 'cause it's cloudy, but I'm watching it live on one of the several trackers out there. It's like watching Santa on NORAD.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek

WOW!! That site is down! Hope it comes up back soon!
Talk about a rush to watch!

Oh that stinks. Sorry 'bout that. I had it on since 3PM.

You know I just realized how incredibly geographically challenged I am . I am so used to seeing maps/countries with names on it. I don't know what I'm looking at unless I can identify North America first. That's pretty sad. So right now it's flying over a huge chuck of land that ISN'T North America. Hope that helps

But I think it's over Asia right now. Yup. I can smell Chinese cooking!

link   
Look at the bigger picture, We, the inhabitants of earth, will never stop polluting everywhere we go and everything we touch. The consequences are and will continue to be devastating. (please forgive my grammar and punctuation]
edit on 9/23/2011 by bourbon2nite because: (no reason given)

link   

The satellite will not pass over the east coast of North America during the re-entry window.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

I didn't see it, 'cause it's cloudy, but I'm watching it live on one of the several trackers out there. It's like watching Santa on NORAD.

A drunk Santa at that! Perfect analogy CLPrime!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Unless, of course, the aliens are steering it.
"They" hate me, You know "they" do.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

None of the trackers are working for me?

When will it next be visible from Florida? I'd like to see and film the fireball if it passes overhead. We have some sparse clouds and thunderheads, but we have pretty good visibility too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join