It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

55% of Americans have little to NO trust in mass media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The majority of people in the US according to a new Gallup Poll, have no trust in the main stream media. Does that mean there are more conspiracy theorist that we thought?

A majority of Americans continue to distrust the media and feel the news media are biased.

This, according to a (not so) shocking new Gallup poll, which found that 55 percent of Americans "have little or no trust" in mass media outlets--newspapers, TV or radio--to report the news fully, accurately or fairly. About 44 percent said they have "a great deal or fair amount of trust" in the media to do so.
news.yahoo.com...

More people are no longer sheep, and are realizing we can't believe everything we see on the news, or take it at face value.

60% of American polled think the media is biased. More perceive liberal bias than conservative bias.

The majority of Americans (60%) also continue to perceive bias, with 47% saying the media are too liberal and 13% saying they are too conservative, on par with what Gallup found last year. The percentage of Americans who say the media are "just about right" edged up to 36% this year but remains in the range Gallup has found historically.
here the the Gallup Poll and graphs www.gallup.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well, that implies that 45% of americans are stupid.

that's way lower than i'd have expected

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thank God for FOX News, add in 3 hours a day of Rush Limbaugh, and I got it covered.

Fair and Balanced!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Sad to think there are so many that still trust the media. So sad that this country has becoming so trusting and gullible.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

Lol last time there was a positive percentage of people trusting what the MSM was telling us was 2003.

The numbers are virtually unchanged from last year's poll, Gallup said. The last time a majority of Americans trusted the news media was in 2003.

That ties in nicely with the Invasion of Iraq. They tried one conspiracy too many and it all came tumbling down.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Personally, I think they're fudging the figures. I think it's probably higher, like 75%. The bad news is, the higher it gets, the more chance we have of another 911.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Thank God for FOX News, add in 3 hours a day of Rush Limbaugh, and I got it covered.

Fair and Balanced!

About as fair as a baby dying of cancer and as balanced as a one legged alcoholic.

Just like all the other News Media outlets in the US.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hey, it's a start. Remember there are still people alive that listened to Uncle Walter(Cronkite). Some say that his assessment of the Tete Offensive is what brought America it's first military loss in the 20th century. 55%? Damn good start imo.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Without distrust, democracies are unsustainable.
Nothing is true.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Looks like America's waking up...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by toolstarr
The majority of people in the US according to a new Gallup Poll, have no trust in the main stream media. Does that mean there are more conspiracy theorist that we thought?

A majority of Americans continue to distrust the media and feel the news media are biased.

This, according to a (not so) shocking new Gallup poll, which found that 55 percent of Americans "have little or no trust" in mass media outlets--newspapers, TV or radio--to report the news fully, accurately or fairly. About 44 percent said they have "a great deal or fair amount of trust" in the media to do so.
news.yahoo.com...

More people are no longer sheep, and are realizing we can't believe everything we see on the news, or take it at face value.

60% of American polled think the media is biased. More perceive liberal bias than conservative bias.

The majority of Americans (60%) also continue to perceive bias, with 47% saying the media are too liberal and 13% saying they are too conservative, on par with what Gallup found last year. The percentage of Americans who say the media are "just about right" edged up to 36% this year but remains in the range Gallup has found historically.
here the the Gallup Poll and graphs www.gallup.com...
I KNEW Jesus wears Glases
... You should then remeber what you said;

Jesus(U) says: When you see your likeness , you are happy. But when you see your plasma tv images that came into being before you and neither die nor become Visible, how much you will have to bear... Especially with the rising cost of cable/Satillite tv prices... But I hear there coming down soon

Mr X-ULTRA/ISEE... Says the man with 50ft limited view sunglasses... Maybe Quantum Blue Beam is not tuned in yet... and that's why sheeple are not believing in Trilateral broadcast Digi-Tv

edit on 23-9-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: DAM IT... I lost the signal again... Must be those pesky EMF X-Flares

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Anyone know how many people took part in this survey as most surveys are generally designed to get favourable results in one way or another.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by toolstarr

I don't know if I trust the source of this article.. What would they have to gain from being a news source that is honest enough to publish this poll? Ah, but we can always go back and forth, just saying it is easy to believe things that we like and calling rubbish to information that doesn't fit our personal model of reality.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
Anyone know how many people took part in this survey as most surveys are generally designed to get favourable results in one way or another.
It must be a popular vote... Urr here at the right time

Mr X-ULTRA/LUV BUSHY... How about a GLUUUTEN free beer to wash that mouth full down with

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by lewman

www.gallup.com...

Results for this Gallup poll are based on telephone interviews conducted Sept. 8-11, 2011, with a random sample of 1,017 adults, aged 18 and older, living in all 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.

For results based on the total sample of national adults, one can say with 95% confidence that the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.

Interviews are conducted with respondents on landline telephones and cellular phones, with interviews conducted in Spanish for respondents who are primarily Spanish-speaking. Each sample includes a minimum quota of 400 cell phone respondents and 600 landline respondents per 1,000 national adults, with additional minimum quotas among landline respondents by region. Landline telephone numbers are chosen at random among listed telephone numbers. Cell phone numbers are selected using random-digit-dial methods. Landline respondents are chosen at random within each household on the basis of which member had the most recent birthday.

Samples are weighted by gender, age, race, Hispanic ethnicity, education, region, adults in the household, and phone status (cell phone only/landline only/both, cell phone mostly, and having an unlisted landline number). Demographic weighting targets are based on the March 2010 Current Population Survey figures for the aged 18 and older non-institutionalized population living in U.S. telephone households. All reported margins of sampling error include the computed design effects for weighting and sample design.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
So less and less sheeple. Really good news.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
A lot of people say they don't believe the media, but then I see them watching it anyway. They still react to it. They give it attention. Although they say it's all garbage, they still believe that the real world is more or less how it is presented therein, and they accept regardless. They still allow their mental image of the world to be constrained by the media. It's as if stating it is garbage and untrustworthy is only a superficial stance but their minds are still completely entrapped in it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by 0001391

I totally agree with you, as I am sometimes guilty of that myself. But when I do get all caught up in the media lies, in the back of my mind I usually realize it's 1/2 truths, bias, and some blatant lies.

top topics

join