It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman: Obama Made Racism Worse, Tea Party Will Do 'Whatever [It] Can To Get This Black Man

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

Can we protect people from their own beliefs? Should we? How arrogant is that really?

there is not one teapartier who believes that nonsense and yeah thats pretty arrogant people are too stupid to think for themselves.

I sound all Tea-partiesh now - don't I? :-)

not even close those teapartys are already fed up with being told how to think what to think what to believe and how to act.

I still haven't heard a real good reason why this is a problem

if he wasnt an actor you wouldnt be talking about him or the teaparty hence the point was made

up to you if you want take a drink or just pass it up you can lead a horse to water but its up to the individual

in a nutshell that is a teaparty philosphy and no im not speaking for them im speaking for myelf.
edit on 27-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

not really much left for me to say now neo -

but - I do thank you

:-)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

Originally posted by Indigo5

A 3 year old story with based on unamed sources? From the Celebrity "Love" Gossip column of the National Enquirer???

Really????

Some people just work hard to drag ATS down.

Here is a source closer to your heart...

I explained that the source for the last post was from the National Enquirer's "Celebrity Love" "Gossip Column" and based on "unamed sources"..the favorite source of tabloid fiction.

You responded by providing "another source" that you claim is more credible, the Huff Post.

OK...But the Huff Post is a STORY ABOUT THE NATIONAL ENQUIRER STORY

The National Enquirer alleges that the 72-year-old actor has been romantically involved with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter, E'Dena Hines, for as long as a decade.

Please don't take this personally. I honestly don't intend to sound antogonistic.

That is the same source, just a different website

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Here we have another pathetic example of a liberal celebrity's hypocrisy.

We don't and can't make this stuff up.

source

Janeane Garofalo: "Herman Cain is probably well liked by some of the Republicans because it hides the racist elements of the Republican party. Conservative movement and tea party movement, one in the same.

"People like Karl Rove liked to keep the racism very covert. And so Herman Cain provides this great opportunity say you can say 'Look, this is not a racist, anti-immigrant, anti-female, anti-gay movement. Look we have a black man.'"

After liberals have been saying the exact same thing ever since obama came on the scene as a candidate.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
After liberals have been saying the exact same thing ever since obama came on the scene as a candidate.

Which liberals and when?
I would like to see quotes.

What the hell does this have to do with the topic?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

So if a Black Man with very liberal and communist tendencies is hated, it is racist.
If a Black Man with very conservative and free market tendencies is loved, it is racist.

The oddest part, is our local Tea Party has a decent contingency of black folks. A black, tea-party, friend of mine was just chosen as a RNC delegate for the National Convention next year.

It seems folks like Jeanine Garafaolo just don't have anything intelligent to say. They can't argue policies or records, so they resort to name-calling.

Too Bad the MSM doesn't have a good Moderator Team like ATS has.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Please don't take this personally. I honestly don't intend to sound antogonistic.

That is the same source, just a different website

Save your breath. I had the same argument for pages. One person used the Inquirer as a source and someone who refereed to the Inquirer story as a source trying to say it was two different sources. After pages and pages of that, I gave up. You should to.

This is ATS and I expect ANY story no matter what it is about to be scrutinized to death here but apparently not.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Here we have another pathetic example of a liberal celebrity's hypocrisy.

and there it is then :-)

Thank you Centurion - I knew we would get it sooner or later. So, this is NOT about whether or not celebrities have the right to speak their minds in public...it's NOT about them not representing the common man...it is simply because they tend to be - liberal

and the liberals - are what? hypocrites?

come again?

say what you mean Centurion - it's more honest - and ultimately it's just easier

from our OP - at the very beginning of this thread:

I know a lot of Tea Party folks. While there are some racist among them you can not I think label the entire bunch racist because that is what Morgan Freeman just did in this interview. I think it is unfair that he passes judgement on the entire Tea Party because it attracts some dumb rednecks. Anything that seems rebellious attracts dumb rednecks. That does not make the entire cultural rebellion a purely racist movement.

this is what we're supposedly discussing

the OP has a problem with Morgan Freeman painting an entire group with the same broad brush - and you know what? I'm not sure I can disagree with that. I know some Tea Party members - I may think they are misguided (understatement - for effect - I think they may actually be delusional - but I can't prove it...)

but they're good people that I know and love - I also do know - they're not racists

not that there aren't racists in the Tea Party - there are racists in every party

my issues in this thread had to do with people actually saying that some people have no right to speak their minds - in public - in the United States of America

you just don't like liberals :-)

please, try to stay on topic Centurion
edit on 9/29/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

do you understand what trolling means?

how is this not on topic?

and - what do you have to contribute to this conversation?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I think Morgan Freeman playing God in every movie he's in has gone to his head.

Shuuttt UPPPP

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FallenWun

Which liberals and when?
I would like to see quotes.

Do your own research but I'll help you a little by saying that examples are allover ATS and the recent news.

What the hell does this have to do with the topic?

Uh
how about it's another example of a liberal celebrity - just like Freeman - using their celebrity status - just like Freeman - to make racially inflammatory remarks - just like Freeman for starters.

Light going on yet?

And the liberal hypocrisy in this post is the large number of liberals - with Garafalo now as self-appointed spokes person - who have said that ANY criticism of obama is racially based, while we now get some of those same people saying that to like Cain is racially based. Actually saying that liking a black man is a form of racism.

If you can't hate them and you can't like them, what then?

And this is getting pretty tedious, but do I need to remind you to quit trying to shoot the messenger?

Because some of you can't understand that I'm not even the real messenger here. According to the OP (remember that?), it was Freeman who criticized obama for making racism worse. If you wrongly still want to shoot the meesenger, it would be Freeman, not me.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spiramirabilis

my issues in this thread had to do with people actually saying that some people have no right to speak their minds - in public - in the United States of America

You first.

The OP was never about and I have repeatedly stated that I never said people aren't entitled to free speech. Please show me otherwise if you've figured out how to do your own research yet.
Based on your avatar, I'll even give you a if it will help motivate you.

So, it is actually you going off topic and deflecting by continuously harping on 1st amendment rights.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

maybe I am a little slow - still, you can keep your banana (ahem)

but, please - won't you help the dumb monkey out here centurian? :-)

going back to the OP - what exactly is your point then?

I'm betting you won't (or can't) just say - let's see if I'm at least smart enough to guess that much

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Do your own research but I'll help you a little by saying that examples are allover ATS and the recent news.

What a lame tired old copout. This is not about MY RESEARCH, this is about YOUR CLAIM. Apparently you cannot back it up JUST LIKE I SUSPECTED.

Uh
how about it's another example of a liberal celebrity - just like Freeman - using their celebrity status - just like Freeman - to make racially inflammatory remarks - just like Freeman for starters.

This thread is not about celebrities saying things. This thread is about what one celebrity did say.

Light going on yet?

Not until you back up your empty claims.

And the liberal hypocrisy in this post is the large number of liberals -

What liberal hypocrisy is in my post? Point it out if you are going to say it is there.

with Garafalo now as self-appointed spokes person

Key word being SELF APPOINTED. Want me to pin on you any quote I find from the right and decide they speak for you? She can barely muddle her way through a standup act and that is what she does for a living. Maybe she speaks for you but not me and she has nothing to do with anything in this thread that I can see.

- who have said that ANY criticism of obama is racially based,

LIE.

She never said that. That is why you do not have any quotes of her saying it to go with your accusation.

while we now get some of those same people saying that to like Cain is racially based. Actually saying that liking a black man is a form of racism.

You mean that ONE PERSON that has nothing to do with this thread? Now it is about Cain too? Can you even find the topic?

If you can't hate them and you can't like them, what then?

And this is getting pretty tedious, but do I need to remind you to quit trying to shoot the messenger?

Messengers have messages. You have empty accusations and lies that when asked for any kind of backup, you just recoil in disgust and lash out at anyone attempting to get you to be even a little bit honest.

Because some of you can't understand that I'm not even the real messenger here. According to the OP (remember that?), it was Freeman who criticized obama for making racism worse. If you wrongly still want to shoot the meesenger, it would be Freeman, not me.

You did not even read what Morgan said because he never criticized Obama for making racism worse.

So the reason you are having such a hard time getting on topic is because you do not even know what it is?

Maybe you should stop making claims about what people say if you can NEVER seem to provide any quotes of anyone saying those things.

Sorry for asking you to be honest.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The OP was never about and I have repeatedly stated that I never said people aren't entitled to free speech. Please show me otherwise if you've figured out how to do your own research yet.

Let me explain the 1st amendment to you then.

No one is disputing anyone's 1st amendment rights. But what about being responsible? You, know like yelling fire in a crowded theater isn't cool?

A celebrity yelling "racism" during a heated campaign isn't cool either.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater is called "Reckless Endangerment" and is NOT Protected by the 1st Amendment.

You equated Morgan Freeman's political opinions to an act that is not and should not be protected by the 1st Amendment and argued that the two expressions of speech were interchangable

You can keep your bananna, I'll just settle for the comforting likelihood that folks with similiar views to your own will never attain higher office in the USA.

edit on 29-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-9-2011 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Let me explain the 1st amendment to you then.

No one is disputing anyone's 1st amendment rights. But what about being responsible? You, know like yelling fire in a crowded theater isn't cool?

A celebrity yelling "racism" during a heated campaign isn't cool either.

Yelling fire in a crowded theater is called "Reckless Endangerment" and is NOT Protected by the 1st Amendment.

You equated Morgan Freeman's political opinions to an act that is not and should not be protected by the 1st Amendment and argued that the two expressions of speech were interchangable

On the contrary, inflammatory racial remarks by celebrities can be dangerous to real people.

Again, from my earlier posts, I said it's a self restraint issue and not a 1st amendment issue.

The celebrities with the microphones should think about the effect of what they say. An unknown standing in a crowd doesn't quite have to worry about that so much.

But after saying it multiple times, just what part of the thread being about Freeman's criticism of obama and not me posting the thread, or 1st amendment rights do you not get?

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

guess freeman and certain posters on here didnt get the memo

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Shirt of the day

" If you voted for Obama 2008 to prove your not a racist"

" In 2012 vote for anybody else to prove your not an idiot"

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Shirt of the day