It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman: Obama Made Racism Worse, Tea Party Will Do 'Whatever [It] Can To Get This Black Man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by inforeal

What does matter is that the policies of the tea party are inimical to black people and average Americans, particularly because black people are the poorest in the country.

And who's fault is that? It is not the Tea Pary that created poverty. It is the perpetuation of the entitlement mentality, something the Tea Party is fighting against!

If anything, the Tea Party is the friend of the minority. Bcause we don't wish to contnue the "status quo" of the lower/working class, we would want to elevate everyone so that they/we can all be successful and independent!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was on board the Tea Party,before it became hijacked by the Glenn Beck/Sarah Palins of the world,touting change under the invisible hammer of the GOP. Im calling it for what it is. BTW,there were all races at the "original" Tea Party rallies,also Dems,Independents,Republicans,etc...............

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by beezzer

I was on board the Tea Party,before it became hijacked by the Glenn Beck/Sarah Palins of the world,touting change under the invisible hammer of the GOP. Im calling it for what it is. BTW,there were all races at the "original" Tea Party rallies,also Dems,Independents,Republicans,etc...............

Then you know what, Sonny? Take it back. Own it. They only took it because it was the right thing to do. It is yours.

Claim it!
edit on 23-9-2011 by beezzer because: t

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

It is funny that people are saying that Morgan Freeman is a great actor but should stay out of politics. What is the difference between an actor and a politician? They both tend to read the script handed to them effectively and get paid well for doing it.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I dont have the "money",the financial backing,the soapbox to take it back...............come on Beezz......................
The branding of the Tea Party label,has no copyright. Its a way of thinking. I will vote on those who are for limited government. Nothing has changed,but my allegiance to the Tea Party brand. For those who were with me at the earliest rally's,it was something special. I know where my fellow Americans are,when it comes to the needs of this Country. It isnt what Morgan Freeman was trying to imply,thats for sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

You got me there Dude!!!!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Wow! I guess Morgan Freeman is a racist, he who cast the first stone is a racist! I have lost all respect for this man.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Then I'll just nominate you as supreme leader.
*bow*

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by sonnny1

Then I'll just nominate you as supreme leader.
*bow*

As Morgan Freeman famously said......

"Im an actor,not a Politician"...............

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I'm not an actor (but I did play one on tv)
You can be a leader.
Step up, man! STEP UP!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Now no one respects Morgan Freeman? Why, becuase he has suggested that an idea that a black president who is considered the best black people has to offer on paper should require a certain level of respect for himself by his title alone. And has been attacked relentlessly becuase of his race by a common and constant beleif that black people are of less value than any other race, and i didnt even specify white people. And he seems to be more concerned with being cool, calm and remaining in the good graces of people than assuming some level of seriousness and purpous. When he should be assuming his role as a leader in the face of his opposers which seems to be plentiful. He does not represent all black people, nor does he represent the best of his kind. Wheres the bravado displayed by many presidents before him, although that does eequire some level of support which seems to be scarce for a man in his position. And if the tea partyers are not all racist, whos oppositionto seems toto mostly stemi from histhe skin color then hey certainly have the support of all of those fellow members who claim not to be. But just like many in this thread now feel that they will not support Morgan Freeman's movies becuase he has made a racially concious statement against Obama that was concerning himself and his fellow people as if all of those people who opposed his comment was becuase they were Obama supporters......All you guys just seem to pick a side against a cuase that was not really relevant to yourselves without any genuine speculation nor intimate understanding of the problem. NOW, if standing with racist cuases or individuals without fully understanding who or what your supporting makes you similar to. a racist as well. Now being that i have not exposed my race but only questioned the logic and intelligence of your comments, feel free to continue to expose your ignorance and self confused forms of racism. Enjoy.
m

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
This shows the ignorance of people right here. The tea party wanting him out is political and has nothing to do with race. It is about him and his wifes wild spending (see thread on first ladies 26 servants all of who make no less than 35,000 a year) I like morgan freemans movies but when it comes to stuff like this he is very ignorant and out of touch looking for a way to get his name out of there

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman just adds to the long list of people on the left that makes politics about race. If the tea party were in fact a bunch of racists, there surely should be tons of video proof of this at their rallies. Just because you claim the tea party is racist, doesn't make it so.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well there's no smoke without fire, I think The Tea Part certainly has a racist underbelly or at the very least, has been infiltrated by a lot of racist people.

I'm not going to go digging up hundreds of links to all the stories.... wiki has a few of them

WIKI LINK

At the end of the day.... this kind of party is always going to attract the loonies, ultra-right wing nutters... and so
on.

Some of the things that were jeered and cheered at the GOP debate on the 12th.... these are the kinds of people that are attracted to this ideology.

Anyway..

What do I know..

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

That's not a black power t-shirt, it's an Africa Unite t-shirt...

On topic, Morgan Freeman isn't qualified to comment on politics because he's an actor? Anyone can learn about politics, anyone can speak their mind on their opinions. What do you all think you're doing on this forum? What makes any of you more qualified than Morgan Freeman?

I agree with him, the Tea Party is loaded with racists and while maybe not all people who support the Tea Party are racist, they certainly are not being vocal with denouncing racism or the racists that show up at rallies. Not one self proclaimed Tea Party politician has addressed it really (that I've heard of anyway).

As an aside I don't think Obama's detractors are all racially motivated, I think it has more to do with how he went into office and his agenda of changing the system. Sadly, I think he wasted that preciouss short time he had with a democratic congress on health care and once the midterm elections swung the pendulum too far the other way, the wagons were circled.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

No, they have been vocal about the FINANCES of the country.

Seriously the only racism I see spewing from the Tea Party is from the liberals reporting everything not black or brown with an Obama t-shirt as racist.

Did you notice that Freeman added BLACK before man when he was quoting the congressman?

THAT IS RACIST THINKING!

Oh wait I just disagreed with Obama, guess you can add me to the racists line also, but I don't have any political party affiliation.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Watch the interview beginning at the 14 sec mark, then notice what he does at 17 sec mark, it almost as if he changes what he was going to say. looks like some time of induced hypnosis or something. what do you guys think.

Link to video

Click here
edit on 23-9-2011 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by Kali74

No, they have been vocal about the FINANCES of the country.

Seriously the only racism I see spewing from the Tea Party is from the liberals reporting everything not black or brown with an Obama t-shirt as racist.

Did you notice that Freeman added BLACK before man when he was quoting the congressman?

THAT IS RACIST THINKING!

Oh wait I just disagreed with Obama, guess you can add me to the racists line also, but I don't have any political party affiliation.

Over-react much?
Did you actually read my post?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deja`Vu

He says in the interview that Mitch McConnell stated this bit about making Obama a one term president no matter what it takes. Mitch is a closet gay Establishment Republican. He is not Tea Party material and was not elected to office by Tea Party votes. How does Mitch McConnell qualify as Tea Party exactly?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
He may be a great actor but he is stuck on stupid.
Eminem knows more about being black than Obama ever will!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join