It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman: Obama Made Racism Worse, Tea Party Will Do 'Whatever [It] Can To Get This Black Man

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Fair enough. The words themselves do seem to be pretty shortsighted - it's fairly obvious to me that TEA party actually started brewing somewhat before Obama even got elected, and when you figure in that the financial collapse became obvious in everyone's eyes at the time, it should be pretty clear, IMHO, that the anger against government in general and the president specifically is not due to racism, but is a result of the situation and that apparent breaking of various promises made by Obama previously.

And Freeman's getting old, he may also be slipping somewhat, sad to say.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

liked just about every movie he ever made

So he is a good actor?

not any more not going to watch another one

Cause you disagree with him?

this is exactly why actors should stay out of poltics they make their livings on getting people to believe their something they are not.

Cause actors arent human? Or because they bleed fear? Tell me why actors should stay out of politics?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Whether Tea party people are racist or not or are aware of their subtle racism is all irrelevant.

What does matter is that the policies of the tea party are inimical to black people and average Americans, particularly because black people are the poorest in the country.

The tea party’s policies ONLY help the rich, usually white people

These are just clear facts!

So Morgan Freeman is overall right

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TsukiLunar

actors are paid shills to be blunt cant stand matt damon and tim robbins for the same reasons

anyone is entitle to their opinions on politics

however when they use their fame for it?

nope not going to have any part of it.

what makes their opinions so special?

absolutely nothing.,
edit on 23-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
While I dont't really give a rat's a** about the tea party and their agenda...I do snicker when I hear the defense that black member means that they couldn't possibly be racist. Suuuuuuuure...

There are black people in this world that CAN'T STAND their own. So Im not buyin it. People and their weirdness about race makes it very easy for this kind of thing to flourish actually. You can only walk on eggshells for so long before you start to get frustrated, especially if you are witness to confirmation of certain stereotypes. And that goes for whites too. This was snapped by a friend of mine a couple of days ago as he rode the subway.

Yes that is a white guy and yes that is a "black power" t-shirt

link   
reply to post by neo96

Why? Because he's an actor? Or because he's an actor that said something you don't like? Remember Ronald Reagan was an actor.

link   

Originally posted by Domo1

I hadn't heard all that about him. I think he's a cool talented guy but I really get irritated when people label an entire group.

But when you proclaim allegiance to a 'group' you take on the actions of that organization. It's not about individuals being racists, it's being part of an organization that might be.

If you want to maintain individuality then don't join 'groups', or parties, or label yourself 'liberal', or Christian, or whatever. Because if you do then you own what that organization stands for, and support for the organization is support for its actions.

You can't be an individual, and proclaim allegiance to an organization. Within an organization you are no longer an individual, but take on the actions of that whole organization. So IF there is an agenda to out the Pres because he's black, then Morgan is correct to label the entire group. If that is what he believes then he isn't wrong, and you are overreacting. (Would you overreact so much is he wasn't black? Not saying you would, just pointing out that what you say might give people that impression).

edit on 9/23/2011 by ANOK because: typo

link   
Morgan Freeman has as much right to express his opinion as anyone else. So what if he is an actor and has a certain amount of notoriety. Rush, Savage, Ingraham, OReilly, Levin, Hewitt, Authur, Beck and Coulter have notoriety among conservatives and others. I have no problem labeling them racists and fools. Who cares!

However minorities will play a huge part in the coming elections. The TPM and GOP needs to recognize the changing demographic if they don't want to get hammered.
edit on 23-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

Seems to me that Age has caught up with Morgan Freeman. I am as mixed as Obama when it comes to race. I find fault that Freeman calls him Black,when in reality,the only thing Black is his skin.(albeit it brown) And in reality,WHO CARES? America elected him for change,that hasnt come,and wont come with failed policy's.

Freeman endorsed Obama during his run for the presidency, but declined to campaign with him, saying that he was an actor, not a politician. He attended a White House Civil Rights concert in 2010.

I also find this preposterous,while he decided NOT to stump for him,but now has decided to throw his 2cents in the political aspect,and cry racism. This isnt the 60's/70's Mr. Freeman. Its time to stop thinking with this " back of the bus" attitude,and call this for what it is.........Mr. Obama has failed as a President.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

yes reagan was but hes dead and hes no longer making any movies and did not during his presidency and sometime before that.

actors and poltics i want no part of.

link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

He probably bought it as a resale show and had no clue what it means.

Thanks for the picture. It shows just how little think about their wardrobe.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

yes reagan was but hes dead and hes no longer making any movies and did not during his presidency and sometime before that.

Neither did Morgan.

If of age, did you vote for Reagan?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

slow down morgans free to beleive in whatever he wants

but im not?

nah doesnt work that way

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I'm a SAG/AFTRA actor and I will express my opinion when ever and where ever I chose.

I want no part of people that don't know how to use capital letters and proper punctuation.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

slow down morgans free to beleive in whatever he wants

but im not?

nah doesnt work that way

I guess you can believe you wont watch his movies. Though, that makes no sense.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

then why do you constantly

reply to me

hmmm?

besides dont like my grammar and spelling throw a few more billionsdollars at it
edit on 23-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

reply to post by whaaa

then why do you constantly

reply to me

hmmm?

I like you! I was just trying to point out your inconsistencies.

I treasure out exchanges. It would be so boring without opponents.
edit on 23-9-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Jeez guys, get a room and let us discuss this topic within the T&C.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I almost said the same thing.....................

BTW,What has Morgan Freeman done for me lately? About as much as Obama has.

Morgan is free to say these things,but i find his way of thinking as "outdated" as the telegraph.
Mr Freeman has used his Actor soapbox in the worst way,MHO

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join