It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morgan Freeman: Obama Made Racism Worse, Tea Party Will Do 'Whatever [It] Can To Get This Black Man

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Morgan Freeman: Obama Made Racism Worse, Tea Party Will Do 'Whatever [It] Can To Get This Black Man Outta Here'

newsbus ters.org

Morgan Freeman, in an interview to be aired on CNN Friday evening, says that President Obama has made racism worse in America.

Chatting with Piers Morgan, the Oscar-winning actor also blames the Tea Party saying they're "going to do whatever [they] can to get this black man outta here” (video follows with transcript and commentary):
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 9/23/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I know a lot of Tea Party folks. While there are some racist among them you can not I think label the entire bunch racist because that is what Morgan Freeman just did in this interview. I think it is unfair that he passes judgement on the entire Tea Party because it attracts some dumb rednecks. Anything that seems rebellious attracts dumb rednecks. That does not make the entire cultural rebellion a purely racist movement.

newsbus ters.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

I know liberals that are racist. Do I think that all liberals are racist? No.
I like Morgan Freeman as an actor, but don't have much respect for him now, as a person.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

MORGAN FREEMAN IS NOT THE EMPEROR OF BLACK PEOPLE!

Thanks. That originally went to Jesse Jackson, but I think it applies here. I'd say I might consider myself to be TEA party, and I'm not aware of having any racist tendencies. And I know there are black TEA partiers as well.

Regardless, anything resulting from strong emotion, especially when challenging something typically viewed as being led by a minority member, seems to eventually be latched on to as a vehicle for those with bigoted views as well. So...in some small party, racists are probably attaching to the TEA party, but I myself do not see it as overtly racist on the whole either.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
to freeman: proof or it didnt happen

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Hmmm, now let me see where Morgan Freeman's opinion ranks on my give a F**K scale... Yep, it ranks a 0. Thanks Morgan for your fine acting. Stick to that since at least it's something you're good at.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Pfffftttttt

Who cares what he thinks? He's an actor. A good one sure, but not qualified to judge an entire group of people in this way.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I like Morgan Freeman as an actor and he should stick to what he is good at, and it isn't politics.
I love how they always run with any off the cuff remark that is out of the ordinary from any of the well known actors and actresses.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
We can all agree Morgan Freeman Is awesome

link   
Morgan Freeman...what such a learned and educated scholar..not.

This gentleman is a member of the Tea Party.

Take the time to listen to what HE says.

The truth WILL set you free.

edit on 23-9-2011 by IamJustanAmerican because: (no reason given)

link   

Well IF there is an overall racist agenda to get rid of Obama by the 'tea party', then anyone involved deserves that label imo.

I really don't understand this trait of aligning with a movement. and then claiming you're an individual who can't be held responsible for the movement that you have aligned with. Of course you only do that when it's a negative, if it's something positive you're the first to sing the praises of being a part of that movement, i.e. no longer an individual.

People should not proclaim allegiance with anything if they don't want to be associated with its actions.

But of course that's only if Morgan Freeman is correct, of which I have no idea, but have my suspicions.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

Ahh, he's still a pretty cool guy.

He doesn't like black history month, and that right there earns him a bit of credit in my eyes, everything else aside. And, despite being an A-list actor with likely megabucks, he apparently was driving around a Nissan Maxima when he had a wreck just a few years ago - any rich person who doesn't have to drive a Bentley or some other baller ride has to be OK.

And regardless of all that...the man's basically just a god on the screen, for lack of a better term. His acting and his oh-so-smooth self will cash just about any checks his loud mouth might write in my eyes.
I think he's a cool cat.

edit on 9/23/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

"going to do whatever [they] can to get this black man outta here”

That isn't racism.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Well he certainly is a God on screen.

I hadn't heard all that about him. I think he's a cool talented guy but I really get irritated when people label an entire group.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
i use to like morgan freeman

liked just about every movie he ever made

not any more not going to watch another one

not going to spend another nickle on him

this is exactly why actors should stay out of poltics they make their livings on getting people to believe their something they are not.

meh two thumbs down on my get a clue meter

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Morgan Freeman says Tea Party are Racist

As an actor, I like Mr. Freeman quite a lot.

There must be some strange attractor that draws people to the cesspool of the political.

The Tea Party is a community of right wing extremists in much the same way the left has their own versions of extremism. Opposites attract but generally not to embrace in the center so... one extremist camp will be immediate drawn to their opposites for the purpose of extreme disaffection.

Politics only succeeds even in the minuscule when the opposites are both closer to the center so that they can work in tandem to a common goal. The further out those orbiting bodies exist, the less gravity to the common center there is and therefore, the less caring they are about anyone but themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Quotes like his, though, speak to his character.
To say I'm disappointed would be an understatement.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Adam Baldwin said it best in a interview.

When the host asked him about his brother political views and how they compare to his, he replied.

"I'm a actor, come see my movies."

Smart man.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman is a helluvan actor. Is his opinion valid? Well he's covered by the 1st Amendment. Does one have to take it at face value? No. He's an actor. I'd be more apt to listen to Jesse Ventura. At least he has a knowledge of the political process.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Those were Morgan Freeman's words he was not quoting anyone he was giving his opinion of what others think in this instance. If he is talking about the words of Mitch McConnell he is not talking about anyone in the Tea Party. McConnell is just a closet gay insider Republican establishment Senator. He is not tea party so what is Morgan talking about when he quotes his clumsy words? Who knows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join