It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 9/27 Derby: Place Your Bets!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just under an hour left to go!

Getting excited.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I think I just saw a person float up in the sky out my front window...wow....GO #9 GO you ragged little miracle pony...GO!!!

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
I think I just saw a person float up in the sky out my front window...wow....GO #9 GO you ragged little miracle pony...GO!!!

Star for that one.

It was totally just a Chinese Lantern though....

Or Swamp gas...

Or hell... It is horses... Could have just been gas.

edit on 27-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
The horses are coming out of the last turn and are approaching the final ¼ pole with the #12 Tobedetermined hanging on to a tenuous lead over the #4 Martiallaw. It appears you can forget about the #1 and the #8 as they have both pulled up. They must have read Yahoo Finance.

They are beginning to go shoulder-to-shoulder for the final charge to the wire. The #10 Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid has begun to fall back as has the #2 FalseflagPhil. #9 Jesusurreal is trying to find room to maneuver around the #5 Cometatyou who refuses to go away. Now we have the #6 Nuketilluglow making a late charge from the middle.

What’s this?
Hold on!
What’s this?

Now we have the #3 Nuttintoseehere making a bold move to get outside. However, there is a lot of real estate for this pony to make up.

Oh my, the #4 Martiallaw has begun to fade back into the pack. And now we have the #3 passing tired horses left and right from the outside with the #6 making a desperate play and running neck and neck now with the #12 Tobedetermined. And I don’t know if there is enough race track left for Nuttintoseehere to make it to first however.

Oh…my!

I might have spoken too soon as Nuttintoseehere absolutely has rockets on its hoofs as it is positively flying from the outside. Tobedetermined and Nuketilluglow are neck and neck trying to stave off the #3 with mere yards to the finish.

Nuttintoseehere stretching, Nuketilluglow refusing to yield and Tobedetermined trying hard to go wire to wire.

And at the wire it’s…it’s…it’s…my Gawd!!!!!!!

The #3 Nuttintoseehere has done it!

The #3 has done it! By an entire length, the #3 has done it!

Nuttintoseehere pulls off the most stunning stretch run I’ve ever seen ladies and gentlemen! Oh my! Words simply cannot describe the power and patience of this magnificent horse. When all appeared to be doom and gloom, the #3 Nuttintoseehere pulled out all the stops at the end of the day and won it by a length.

Yes folks, it appears the birds will still be chirping tomorrow, just like they did today.

Definitely a race to make the old pulse take it up a notch or two.

Please be sure to hold all tickets until the race is declared Official. Please be sure to hold all tickets!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Well I certainly hope everyone had a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun with this. Thanks for all the replies. I hope you had the winner and if you didn’t buck up. Things could have been worse. (Like the #6 Nuketilluglow winning. Yikes!)

I will now allow players overnight to post objections to the finish before posting the Official Results and payoffs tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling

I will now allow players overnight to post objections to the finish before posting the Official Results and payoffs tomorrow morning.

Cheers!

I object to letting people object..... Wait...

This was so fun. * Does a happy dance*

Excited to see how everyone did!

edit on 28-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Well I certainly hope everyone had a bit of tongue-in-cheek fun with this. Thanks for all the replies. I hope you had the winner and if you didn’t buck up. Things could have been worse. (Like the #6 Nuketilluglow winning. Yikes!)

Cheers!

Where can I cash my winnings...?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Most exciting pony play I've ever attended! The weather was fantastic...the VIP seating in the boxes, ever so elegant.
The crowd exuberant and a sheer delight.

What more can I say. I am certainly looking forward to the next doomsday race you sponsor

I will save my tickets as a keepsake of this fine, fine race. Kudos to YOU for such a memorable thread.

Saving up my AT$ for the next one,

Des

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Most exciting pony play I've ever attended! The weather was fantastic...the VIP seating in the boxes, ever so elegant.
The crowd exuberant and a sheer delight.

What more can I say. I am certainly looking forward to the next doomsday race you sponsor

I will save my tickets as a keepsake of this fine, fine race. Kudos to YOU for such a memorable thread.

Saving up my AT$ for the next one,

Des

Was fun indeed. It almost sound like you are disappointed no disaster struck though...

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueSkies

No, no my confused friend...I'm dancing for joy that #3, nothingtoseehere, pulled it off in the final seconds.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

reply to post by BlueSkies

No, no my confused friend...I'm dancing for joy that #3, nothingtoseehere, pulled it off in the final seconds.

Me too! I bet it all on # 3.

edit on 28-9-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Well, it's morning so I'll need to check around the Internet to see if I can call the #3 the official winner.

Hang on! MSN.com's top story is whether or not Chaz Bono was eliminated from Dancing WIth The Stars.

Hmmmmm. Guess there's no need to check any further than that.

It's official...the #3 Nuttintoseehere is the winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Payout (in Horse Racing terms) is AT$4.00 for every AT$2.00 bet on the #3.

In exact terms (no "takeout" here, unlike RL horse racing) you can multiply your bet on #3 by 2.12

Let's see, I bet AT$350 on #3, therefore...WOOT...AT$742 rattling around my pockets. That deserves a song. C'mon all you folks that bet the #3; you know the words. Sing along...

edit on 28-9-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

For those of you who bet against the #3 I have a special song picked out for you too

edit on 28-9-2011 by Hessling because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I bet 8,357 AT$ so my pay out is AT $17,716.84 cents.

Woo! I be rich!

Double or nothing, what do you say?

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You know at first I had no intention of ever repeating this sort of thing.

However, I just got a great idea for another horse race from another thread. Maybe...just maybe.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessling

i really hope u make another one
i think this thread is epic

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You know at first I had no intention of ever repeating this sort of thing.

However, I just got a great idea for another horse race from another thread. Maybe...just maybe.

Cheers!

Go for it... I am in the winning mood...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join