It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS 9/27 Derby: Place Your Bets!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
(MODS, I hope this Forum is an appropriate choice. Please feel free to move.)

Hello ATSers!

I admit to having a weakness for playing the ponies, much as I have a weakness for a juicy conspiracy.

So, for grins and giggles I wanted to have a bit of fun by combining these two vices. All the talk about this coming weekend seemed like the ideal chance.

Therefore, I give you the September 27th ATS Derby!

Here are the rules…

1 – Wagering will done in units of AT$. You can wager up to as many AT$’s equal to the number of posts you’ve made on ATS. (That would be 697 x AT$ for myself as of right now.)

2 – You can spread your bet over multiple horses.

3 – Results will be determined as of 11:59pm CST on Tuesday, September 27th and posted the next day along with payouts.

4 – Final odds/payoff will be determined using pari-mutuel betting calculations. (The more people bet on one horse, the further the odds/payoff declines and visa-versa.) I’ll post updated real-time odds occasionally.

5 – Please note that if you pick a pony representing the end of the world and you are correct that there will likely be a substantial delay in posting the results.

So, let’s see who’s willing to step up and put their reputation on the line.

Now, the ponies have begun their promenade. Look them over and make your pick(s), if you are brave enough.

I’ve taken the liberty of posting the Morning Line (ML) odds right next to the horse’s name as well as a short summary of how this pony plans to run.

Ready?????

#1: Bankersgonewild (ML 12:1)…This pony is going to come across the finish line first if this weekend TSHTF in the global markets and chaos ensues across the world.

#2: FalseflagPhil (ML 15:1)…This horse will win if a major terrorist attack takes place in a major city before midnight on Tuesday.

#3: Nuttintoseehere (ML 1:1)…A strong favorite. This horse is for those who believe come Wednesday morning the birds will be chirping, the sun will rise in the east and things will seem, well, pretty darn normal.

#4: Martiallaw (ML 25:1)…Will Obama et al determine that the wool cannot be pulled over the eyes of the masses any longer and military control over the US is implemented? If that’s your belief, this is your pony.

#5: Cometatyou (ML 60:1)…Think a major space event will occur either wiping out a large section of the globe, or at the very least bringing all sorts of problems with infrastructure/communications? That’s what the #5 is all about!

#6: Nuketilluglow (ML 60:1)…WW III is always a possibility in this modern world. Is this the weekend for it? Place some AT$’s here if that’s what you believe.

#7: Coupcoupcachoo (ML 30:1)…(Sorry Mr. Lennon.) The Military/Industrial/Security complex has decided they need to step in and take control. So long Obama, so long Congress and so long SCOTUS. You’re outta here!

#8: Euroloser (ML 10:1)…Could the EU collapse under the weight of all this debt and all the bailouts? We’ve all read the news stories. This pony could pull it out in the stretch run.

#9: Jesusurreal (ML 20:1)…Second coming folks. Trumpet blasts seemingly coming from nowhere, clouds parting, and the most unbelievable sight you’ll ever see.

#10: Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid (ML 20:1)…Not the “harps” you’d hear if the #9 comes in first. The other kind of HAARP. The kind that gets the New Madrid doing the big-time shimmy.

#11: MajorTom2GroundControl (ML 50:1)…Think the timing of the UARS falling back to earth is a bit too coincidental? Perhaps there is more to this then meets the eye? This pony should see some action.

#12: Tobedetermined (ML 15:1)…Think something is up with this weekend, but you don’t feel any of the other horses is going to win? There is always the unknown. The scenario not brought up. Try this pony then.

Allow me to get the ball rolling. With my 697 AT$ I’m going with:

350 AT$ on the #3 Nuttintoseehere
247 AT$ on the #1 Bankersgonewild
100 AT$ on the #10 Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid

So? Any takers?

edit on 23-9-2011 by Hessling because: Punctuation

edit on 23-9-2011 by Hessling because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
-306 AT$ on # 6

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
im all in on bankersgonewild, This silver and gold sale off is way to fishy for me. I think bankers and goverments are selling gold and silver to get cash for a major bank defalt!
edit on 23-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

We've got a taker!

Good on you Doublemint.

Your bet has been noted. (Gee...I sure do hope you are wrong!)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
500 on #3, Nuttintoseehere.

500 on #1, Bankersgonewild

91 on #11, MajorTom2GroundControl

S&F for the clever names.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well I have to get in on this just because you made me laugh like a banshee.

50 to Nuttintoseehere
20 to Tobedetermined, just because I have so many points.

Star and Flag for the fun just great.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have 183 credits (at this post), but would like to know if we can extend the dates to the 30th?
If so, I will be putting

75 AT$ on #1 Bankersgonewild
65 AT$ on #11 MajorTom2GroundControl
43 AT$ on #12 Tobedetermined

I would like to specify that #12 might have something to do with a great deception, such as a false Christ.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why not, since it's all in fun. 500 AT$ on #12 because nothing in the list quite fits, but this won't be an average quiet few days ahead either. We'll see Wednesday morning!

edit on 23-9-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: Added 'currency' type

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Is it to late to enter...

Satellitesmashedme....Could lead this one wire to wire.

I will have to further study the card.

May you consider adding jockeys?

If my horse draws in....Could you put Phage in the irons?

Very funny...S&F

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Check out #11. Sounds like your choice.

(BTW, your name for the pony is better!)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Great fun, OP!

I'll wager all 273 AT$ on #12: Tobedetermined because as Roseanne Rosanna Danna used to say, "It's always something."

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Im game. I have been off the site for a couple months, so I'm not really caught up on all the predictions and what not for the next few days, but hey... what the hell.

I put $200 on #11.

and I'll go $250 on #12

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
400 AT$ on #3

Im going to be in the Carribean so this one i hope for

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I place 200 on a late entry nostateforyou - okay odds of 1/2000 on, but hey it's a safe bet.

Poor palestinians!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
8 on #11: MajorTom2GroundControl ..........lol would bet more but I'm a N00b

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I intend to spend the 27th in bed, under my covers, hoping for the best. That number has been haunting me for ages now and I really hope there's nothing to it

I'm totally jinxed when it comes to gambling. I jokingly tell people I'll bet on the team they'd want to lose so that their team will win
. If I bet on a pony, you can rest assured it will come in stone last, so for the benefit of everyone I'm going to bet on what I want to happen the least, knowing it will now NEVER happen because I've touched it with my jinxedness

So without further ado this is my bet:

31 AT$ on #5
31 AT$ on #6

Nothing I can do about those scenarios, but I could probably cope with the rest.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is funner than I hoped!

Your latest True Odds, as of dedpope's bet on #11, (and boy, are there some surprises)...

#1 : 1:1

#2 : 99:1

#3 : 4:1

#4 : 99:1

#5 : 99:1

#6 : 19:1

#7 : 99:1

#8 : 99:1

#9 : 99:1

#10: 60:1

#11: 16:1

#12: 5:1

Tons of action #1 Bankersgonewild with a shocking rise in #3 Nuttintoseehere's odds. Let's keep an eye out for the #12 Tobedetermined. That horse is getting some good action.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sweet, I love games...

400 on #3 Nuttintoseehere
250 on #12 Tobedetermined

And I'm keeping the rest of my 155 AT$ lol.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
With all of my 369 AT$ available to me, I'm going for

120 AT$ - Cometatyou
120 AT$ - Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid
120 AT$ - Tobedetermined
And the rest (9 AT$) - goes to Nuttintoseehere

This is awesome!!! I Luf it!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is a cool OP. Nothing like having a little fun to lift the spirits.

I am a conservative gambler. $50 on #3 Nuttintoseehere. Cause thats whats likely to happen.
However just for #'s and giggles

I do like longshots when I am hedging my bets.

$10 on #2 FalseflagPhil- cause if something does happen, we will be distracted by some inane crap or other.
$15 on #10 Newmadridsameastheoldmadrid- cause if it shakes something made it do it!
$20 on #9 Jesusurreal-I hope everyday but ain't been so lucky yet.
edit on 23-9-2011 by SunflowerStar because: numbers

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join