It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good UFO Picture captured over Portland Oregon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I was searching on the internet for recent UFO sightings and I came across this picture.

www.mufoncms.com...

The image was allegedly captured near Foster Lake Oregon.

It looks real to me.

I especially like the weird distortion to the upper left of the object, really makes it look genuine.

This comes one day before multiple witnesses reported seeing UFO's in the same area.

What do you all think?
edit on 23-9-2011 by thesearchfortruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
It's hard to tell, but to me it looks like a bird. It could be blurred because the object's motion didn't match the Fstop on the camera (or whatever that settings called).

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
It's a military jet, looks like an F-16 to be exact.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Looks like a bird flying by. notice how there's more distortion/pixelation around the "wing" part? Maybe because it's flying.

You are right though. It IS a UFO (at least until it's proven to be a bird)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TheyWontBelieveU

Could be, but I don't see any real wings or anything.

I just don't think its a coincidence that the 'bird' is saucer shaped.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Looks like a plane to me. In fact, the blurred part on the upper left looks like it may be the vertical stabilizer.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Definitely a bird, or an animal with wings of that size, when putting the evidence together.

You got motion blur, it's apparently in front of the trees, making it a very small object. And not to mention the shape which is consistent with it being a bird considering the motion blur. There are numerous examples of this.

Thanks for sharing, but in my opinion, it can quickly be disregarded as a UFO.
edit on 23/9/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

link   
Where is the nearest Air Force base? And how far away?

I'm from UK so don't know.

link   
I take back what I said in my earlier post.

I think the most likely explanation is a bird.

I'm still not seeing the plane though. There are no signs of wings or anything. The distortion at the upper left is probably the flapping of a wing. I'm still just not seeing the plane in this.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
My first thought was bird..but then if you look close, there is a sort of canopy/dark spot on top in front of the "wings"..*shrug shoulders*..it does have a bit of a structural look to it because of the lite lip around the middle edge that's catching the brighter light. interesting.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
yeah
i'm always seeing birds with their wings set right back on their bodies and no heads/other features
and planes much the same
maybe it's jupiter.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
I was searching on the internet for recent UFO sightings and I came across this picture.

www.mufoncms.com...

The image was allegedly captured near Foster Lake Oregon.

It looks real to me.

I especially like the weird distortion to the upper left of the object, really makes it look genuine.

This comes one day before multiple witnesses reported seeing UFO's in the same area.

What do you all think?

There are tons of pictures like this. I'm not all convinced it isn't a bird.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
Where is the nearest Air Force base? And how far away?

I'm from UK so don't know.

I did some checking on Google Maps and found the nearest Airforce base was 26 mi NW of the lake.

Directions:

Type in: Foster Lake, OR
There should be a 'Search nearby' button. Hit that and type Air Force Base. You should come up with one 26 mi NW.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Here's an example, but take into consideration that the angle of flight is different, the exposure time is probably different, and the background is different.

Can you see the similarities? And how the picture in the OP is most likely a bird, considering the empirical evidence?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
It is an interesting pic though I am trying to figure out what the blur is on the left of "the ufo". If you enlarge the pic to it's original size it looks almost as if some one used the blur tool in photoshop. If we had more info on the camera used to capture it might help. The report with the picture at least for people who aren't members on that site is very vague and only a few words.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
as far as i can see, from the shadows of the trees, the camera is pointing either...

South/SE
OR...
North/NW

Lets say its pointing south/SE... the direction its flying in, would then be roughly N/NW, which, as mentioned a couple of posts above, is the direction of a military base.

Im just saying what im seeing. im leaning towards it pointing S/SE, since its 2pm, which means the sun is on its way down (that is, if im correct of the sun rising in east, descending in west, and being roughly straight up at 12). the shadows of the bushes seem to lean slightly to the left, which would imply its on its way down in WEST (the direction the UFO is heading)
this is pure speculation, and i have no education or experience in this whatsoever...
and before you start spewing stool from your mouths, PLEASE... remember what UFO stands for (and no... its not an acronym for "HOLY # ALIENS!!!!!!11")

edit: just realised, this can barely be called speculation... its rather just a small compilation of what i see, for the people out there, who can either use it for something, or disprove it (i.e. someone pointing out why it could not point south etc. etc.)

i do believe. i have never seen any UFOs myself, but simply cant stop playing with the thought of others out there. i also do believe they have visited us several times through history, but most cases can be explained without even trying...
edit on 23-9-2011 by Migah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
Here's an example, but take into consideration that the angle of flight is different, the exposure time is probably different, and the background is different.

Can you see the similarities? And how the picture in the OP is most likely a bird, considering the empirical evidence?

Good example.

Mind telling us where you shot/found that photo?

I'm afraid someones going to come by and call it, too a UFO.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by thesearchfortruth

Use the regular + to magnify.
See black 'port holes' clearly defined.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
No idea what it could be.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I knew even before I opened the image that it was a bird, and I was right. It looks exactly typical of a bird taken by a slow-shutter digital camera.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join