It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where Did Consciousness Come From?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Magic and science are two sides of the same coin. Magic is just science of the unknown.

The question is, where did consciousness come from?

Was it a magical act of God, a miracle, that brought it about? Or was it a gift given through an advanced technology, not of our own?

Either way i refuse to believe that evolution gave us consciousness. Do animals have one? Do they need it to survive? If not then why, what is the purpose of ours?

Where do you believe our consciousness came from and what is the purpose of one?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The best explination i can find is through david wilcock's new video "The Source Field Investigations".

The whole 2 hour presentation is avilable to watch online.

www.youtube.com...

It has a detailed explination regarding conciousness and where it came from and how you can access higer levels of it.

SPECIAL NOTE: For all the people who really dont like david wilcock please withold any nasty comments or judgement unless you have watched the video.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Consciousness IS God, and we are just fractals of the whole. All atoms are made up of consciousness.
I doubt you can find the answers beyond that perspective on here.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Ha! I am crazy! Why? Because I have pondered that question for almost ALL of my 38 years.

My pondering and researching has lead me to believe that consciousness IS GOD (the source). He/She/It does not "Move" and "moves and thinks" through us. WE ARE his mind. HAHAHA! It sounds crazy but that is what I have come up with....but I am totally open to new ideas if they are logical to me.

Peace and love to ya!!!! xoxoxo

Jenn

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Well you see, there are player characters and non-player characters. Because most players choose to incarnate in a human body, it appears that all consciousness is a product of human existence. This construct is reinforced by the occasional glaring example to the contrary....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Consciousness is best proof of God. We have a scientific model in our own consciousness that we can extrapolate a thesis from. That being the existence of a greater consciousness than our own.

The I AM--whatever that might turn out to be--indubitably is.

Scientists--alchemical wizards then & now, are, here & there, starting to come back around to the concept.

edit on 23-9-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Magic and science are two sides of the same coin. Magic is just science of the unknown.

Exactly. Nothing magical exists. Nothing abnormal exists. Everything that is, exists because it is completely in tune with what is real. Magic is therefore nothing but unknown or... undiscovered science and therefore also, God may well be the greatest scientist in the universe.

Nothing supernatural. Just human ignorance.

As far as consciousness?

I have begun moving to a position of seeing human beings as being physical machines with a natural sort of firmware preloaded in much the same way other creatures have what we call instinctive intelligence. After that... or perhaps, alongside that firmware, is what is often termed the human consciousness or spirit. It is operates as both pilot and passenger aboard the same physical machine.

There seems little point of nature evolving the human species to this point without there being some secondary significance. I mean, in nature, the large cats and cetaceans are really the apex of evolution. They are the pride and joy of mother nature.

But mankind is different... evolved perhaps by way of outside influence for the single purpose of hosting the secondary personality within. The spirit or personality is on this physical journey... loaded into a biological machine and then dumped onto the blue world with millions of his/her kind.

So... you may call it God or ET or an as yet unknown level of life and evolution from which the conscious traveler sprang.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Consciousness comes from, and IS everything, in the start (Big Bang), this 'explosion' if you will, spread out an infinite amount of conscious particles, which are affected by an 'observer'. You. It is related to Quantum mechanics.
(i think thats the word.) anyways this video helps you put it in perspective.
Reality (From another forum topic.)

Without this particle, there would be no us, no anything for that matter. nothing would exist because this 'conscious particle' isnt being observed by a conscious observer.

So if we are conscious, and made up of 'conscious particles' then who has the right to say there isnt more 'concious observers' out in the universe? (IMO)

Anyways, consciousness came from everything, and is everything.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Was it a magical act of God, a miracle, that brought it about? Or was it a gift given through an advanced technology, not of our own?

Either way i refuse to believe that evolution gave us consciousness. Do animals have one? Do they need it to survive? If not then why, what is the purpose of ours?

Where do you believe our consciousness came from and what is the purpose of one?

I often read posts that start out stating a misconception as fact. Of course, to say that you have a misconception only states that it is possible I have the misconception. Either way, I think that you are starting off with the wrong premise. I could be wrong.

You start by stating that magic and science are the same. I would differ on this by saying that magic is the reflection of truth in opposite. Magic, plain and simply, is deception of truth. The magician is only as good as his ability to hide the truth of his illusion. The Wizard of Oz is a good way to view this when considering consciousness in this manner. It is too easy to see God as the wizard pretending to be something He is not. In the case of God, He does not pretend. Does He reveal all to us? No, and this is the 'magic' of consciousness.

We are currently behind a veil. This is for our good and allows us to develop sentience from faith instead of fact. Consciousness is spirit. When you hear the term Holy Spirit in the Bible, this is the Holy Consciousness of God working on the faith of the human soul. The soul is the animal nature of the human and the spirit in the human is God's spirit. The spirit is working on the soul to develop our ability to reason from a platform of faith. In other words, we are under the veil and cannot see the process for a reason. One day, the veil is removed and we see God face to face. He is there all along by the way. When Jesus walked in the first century, He stated that the veil was torn. It is not removed, but it is opened slightly for us to see beyond.

If you want to really understand consciousness, you need to consider quantum physics and what the Bible says about reality. Forget what you think you know and see beyond the veil. Consider this: LINK

edit on 23-9-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
magic is the science of spirituality, the special abilities that our soul away from our physical bodies have, but we are at an uneven level when it comes to the hemispheres in our brain and it will balance out, the magical side of the brain is the female side

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Consciousness IS God, and we are just fractals of the whole. All atoms are made up of consciousness. I doubt you can find the answers beyond that perspective on here.

Seconded. I was just about to say the same thing. Even animals have consciousness, but it's closer to group consciousness as opposed to the individual nature of people. Fractals have been coming up a lot lately. Good stuff.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Everything was made by consciousness for consciousness.

Materialist monism (matter alone is primary and consciousness just an epiphenomenon of matter) is dead in the water.

The implications of this however, in terms of the true nature of the choosing self, is astounding.

Where it came from however, is hard to say. I think it came from an impetus or catalyst, to love, and thus emerged from the vesica pisces of sacred geometry, as the desire of God, to know himself.

"I was with you from before the very foundation of the world."

edit on 23-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Everything arises from consciousness.

Every atom is made up of mostly empty space.

There is more space in you than there is matter.

There is one consciousness that we all share. This uniform consciousness permeates all matter in the universe. It is one.

There is one space that we all share. This uniform space permeates all matter in the universe. It is one.

Is consciousness space?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

What would we know of consciousness if we were blind and deaf?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Consciousness can only be observed thru the animation of our thoughts and our thoughts can only be observed through our actions. Consciousness came from the self wanting to know about itself and the exploration it took to achieve this. It's path is on the back of the Great dragon which eats its own tail, the Penrose Staircase, or the golden ratio. It's origin is one that can only be said to come from the moment and the moment will be a similar measurement of what our future will reflect.

This though is just one person's opinion and I encourage you to take time to find out what consciousness means for you.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

ill have a stab at it and keep it blunt
here goes
consciousness is god , god is the universe ,
the universe needs consciousness to learn
about itself through us its consciousness
the collective hive brain

not bad for this time of night for me that is

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

the same place life came from...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

How can you say you don't believe evolution brought us consciousness when you have no idea if other animals are at that state?

Plus, you haven't fully defined what YOU mean when you say consciousness. Is it the knowledge that you're alive, or the ability to recall events that have taken place in your past, or maybe it's both and then some? Some animals are closer to us mentally than we think; chimps are self-aware and elephants can paint whatever they see at the time they are holding the brush in trunk - not well, mind you, but they can coordinate colors extremely well. Hell, the net is even littered with videos of dogs and cat who can mimick human speech.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

don't believe in 'God' persay, at least not the manmade version...
ever seen a dog that was beaten by its previous owner and how it reacts from perceived aggression? of course animals have consiousness. non domesticated animals more so than domesticated ones use instinct as opposed to the mind to survive. this can even be seen in domesticated cats... they ALWAYS goto sand or running water to take care of their waste. they know instinctually to hide the scent of their droppings to avoid predators.

I believe all consiousness came from outside of our universe and its purpose it to experience the reality we know

*however, does nonliving matter have conciousness? does the rock feel it when it is crushed into sand?
edit on 23-9-2011 by kalisdad because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

What would we know of consciousness if we were blind and deaf?

I worked with the blind and deaf. Someone else who worked with this one individual freaked out one day, she was calling him "God" and didn't want anyone to go near him.
She ended up being committed in a psychiatric hospital for a few months.... she was under the influence of something at the time she was working.

It's quite interesting to observe the blind & deaf who've been that way since birth, they are in a world of their own, and who knows what that's really like for sure.
edit on 23-9-2011 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join