It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GREAT!!!! Now TPTB can track down and locate people by their clothes.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
It's getting better and better. 95% of personal electronic devices we use, are not enough to give our location, steal personal information and in certain cases of specific smartphones, even take our pics without you even knowing it. Now they are putting tracking microchips and EM beacons in clothes. Most likely for obtaining results from those people who are not so susceptible to modern technology.

What if those new jeans you've just bought start tweeting about your location as you cross London Bridge?

It sounds far-fetched, but it's possible - if one of your garments is equipped with a tiny radio-frequency identification device (RFID), your location could be revealed without you knowing about it.
RFIDs are chips that use radio waves to send data to a reader - which in turn can be connected to the web.
This technology is just one of the current ways of allowing physical objects to go online - a concept dubbed the "internet of things", which industry insiders have shortened to IoT.
This is when not only your PC, tablet and smartphone can connect to the web, but also your car, your home, your baseball cap and even the sheep and cows on a farm.

www.bbc.co.uk...

I really doubt that all clothing brands will report tracking devices in their tags. So, even you are quick enough to seek or share some sensitive information in the PC of the LAN house coffee, before being noticed, they might find you walking you are walking in the streets, by some beacon microchip hidden in your snickers or in your pants zipper.

edit on 9/23/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/23/2011 by 1AnunnakiBastard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
the thing is you'll know that your pants are talking to the world so if you dont want them to tell you where the hell you are you just cut out the portion of your jeans and then make the hole look fashionable while sewing the patch into a london bus and watch it tweet its run for everyone to go wtf about

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I keep my microwave oven around for just such occasions.
My license and my Walmart clothes on low for 10 seconds solves that problem.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
helluva endorsement for those home economics classes I took back in middle school. Making your own clothes can have even more advantages than just not blending in with label slaves, I see.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Or you could just join a nudist colony.
At least there is something in the news about it. It makes me wonder all the stuff that doesn't get reported on or that places like ATS has no idea about.
It seems like we get more and more dependent on technology. I just wonder what happens when the system goes down and we can't figure math out because our calculators don't work or we don't know how to find someone because the chip in our pants doesn't work anymore.
I also think, why do we need a chip in our pants? Some of the things we have just seems to be there just for the purpose of having it or because it is cool.
I think forget the chip in the pants; someone needs to figure out how to add cup holders to our pants.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The thing is ,how do they connect the clothes purchase to you? I can only see this working if they are purchased on credit card.Cash no problem.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Hey, theres a documentary called 2057, it shows the technological advances that will be reality soon enough. One of the things it shows is how clothes will will be woven and manufactered, if you get into an accident, before the medics arrive, they will already know your status, vitals, etc...

Kina creepy but in emergency situations it can really save lives. But im sure they will add more things than just knowing your heartrate and vitals etc.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I could actually see this as being used for advertisement tracking purposes. For example, my brother carried around a monitor for a company that knew what channels on tv he watched, stations on the radio he watched, and where he went. He got paid $200/mo just to keep it on him. Major money involved to know what people do, watch, listen to and where they go.
If they implemented a chip that reacted the same way.... advertising could become even more annoying... but at least it would likely be more pertinent and companies would know where their product goes.
I in no way want this to happen... but could see it being a future.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
And with today's guerrilla advertising execs, making them sell like hotcakes should be a breeze.

"Do you have self tweeting sneakers? Lady Gaga and Kanye do! Now we can follow you everywhere!
"

Of course they are gonna have to change the name from "sneakers" to "alerters" as all stealth is being removed from the equation.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The bottom line is that we are "had". We have computers that are easily read by whoever, that can see inside our homes via webcam+audio, we have cell phones that can do the same plus pinpoint our location via gps, we depend on electronic currency as cash has become a real pain in the @$$ to obtain and carry, our cars are all gps and bluetooth equipped, there is video surveillance everywhere that you look, and if you figure out a way to duck all of that, well...

I am an architect, and in my line of work I have to frequently employ surveyors, and you should see the satellite images and video that are available to the folks in that profession! With a surveyors system, you could monitor a person's every move without ever leaving your desk, in HD! Now just imagine what kind of satellite software our government has...

Like I said, there is no fighting the system. I mean, seriously, what are you gonna do? Personally, I'm gonna not cheat on my taxes or commit crimes and just pray that they never have a reason to say that I did. Lets just face it guys, if the government wanted you, they could very easily find you and have been able to for years.

top topics

join