It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dedicated to Martin Luther King Jr; There was once a boy, who walked on his hands

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
An animation dedicated to Martin Luther King, Jr., which is still most relevant today. As much as I'd like to give my own thoughts on this, I'll refrain from doing so, because the message of the story should speak for itself, and be interpreted individually. I don't want to contaminate the story with my own opinions right off the bat. But still, it is something that anyone should at least give a chance of watching. The animation stems from '69, but its relevance are still applicable and relevant today. I wish this was something that was presented to me when I was a child.

edit on 23/9/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
That was really good. I will be sharing this with friends and family.

Idk if you are into tarot cards, but this concept up walking on the hands goes WAAAY back. There is a tarot card called the "hanged Man." It is a replica of this story. See the world from a different perspective. It also talks about how the hanged man, hung himself, no others and this was to see the world from a different perspective which gives the HM many more avenues to walk and an outlook which is not agreeable to the rest of society.

I think a lot of us can see our selves in the upside down kids shoes (or should I say gloves). We attempt to share views with others that are quickly shot down with the same tape recorder excuse to assimilate. Its not enough that 99% of the community is just like them, instead everyone must conform, 100% must do what they do so that they are "comfortable" with their choice to neglect their true selves.

Again great video OP, thank you!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I not very familiar with tarot cards, but it sounds pretty similar. The video may be based on the story of the hanged man. Thanks for bringing it up.

I think a lot of us can see our selves in the upside down kids shoes (or should I say gloves). We attempt to share views with others that are quickly shot down with the same tape recorder excuse to assimilate. Its not enough that 99% of the community is just like them, instead everyone must conform, 100% must do what they do so that they are "comfortable" with their choice to neglect their true selves.

Well put. I think most cultures are like that, if not all. Even though each culture is different, I think the idea of conforming is a very important function, and maybe a self-preserving mechanism of the way cultures work.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

You're right there is a part of conformity that just makes sense. It helps establish ourselves as a collective. BUT, being the intelligent beings we are, we should know by now that accepting different perspectives is just as important for the advancement of our race if not the quickest way to evolution. Like you know already if was for revolutionaries like Dr. King we would have missed many important steps.

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

I partially agree. Accepting different perspectives and cultures is perhaps the ideal, some people may think of this as sacrificing their beliefs and way of life, or simply perceive it as a threat. Realistically, the norm should be placed at a level of tolerance, and we're not even close to that yet. However, I agree that this is important for our sociocultural evolution. And I think this is one of the key messages of the animation.

top topics

join