It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Post-Debate Media Blackout: Stronger Then Ever

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
As if the mockery of a debate last night wasn't enough, with Ron getting less then 50% of the airtime Perry and Romney received, even though he's 3rd in the GOP polls, the post-debate media coverage of Ron has been non-existent. I've searched through numerous news outlets this morning, as well as searched through the google and yahoo search engines, and there is nothing on Ron Paul.

There's an article or two about Johnson possibly stealing some of Ron's thunder, which I don't see happening, but other than that, and a quick 6 minutes on Hannity post-debate, Ron has been left out of every post-debate news article/analysis. The guy is truly invisible.

He is getting less coverage after this debate, then any of the prior debates, even though he's doing better in the polls than he has previously, and despite the fact that he was the run away winner in the Fox News post-debate poll, which was promptly taken down this morning, replaced, and which Ron is winning handily again. This make me sick to my stomach. The more support Ron gains, the less coverage he receives. He is now practically receiving no coverage whatsoever.

Here's the only post-debate coverage Ron received, when he sat down with Hannity. Other than this, it's been a media blackout. I'm not so sure the media blackout doesn't help Ron, as many must be questioning why the man who is 3rd in the polls, and just won the California Straw Poll by a wide margin, has been shut out, while Perry continues to get attention despite struggling mightily at the last two debates.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

The more the MSM hide things and have media blackouts the more the prove they are not a news media but a propaganda machine. I read a poll today that said 55% of the American people do not trust the media and 60% say that the MSM is pushing their own agenda. The public are on becoming more aware everyday. THis blackout is proving they are right and proving to those who are uncertain they are right.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
No kidding, OP....

We have to rely on Russia for the results, I guess....LOL:

rt.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
While I remain convinced that of all the "choices" in column "A" Ron Paul is the politician most likely to actually attempt to remedy what ails this nation, I do not believe the electoral college would vote for him, no matter how much support he gets from the insignificant common voters.

The party decides who will "win", and they telegraph that determination via their media masters.... since we all know who owns the media masters, you can almost be certain that none but the most appealing corporatist, or banking lackey will even get close.

It is as sad as it sounds. Ron Paul was the only one there who could even begin to hope to achieve statesman status... and if there is anything that can be generically stated of our nation's situation, it is that we lack a statesmen in the White house.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Maybe my memory is playing games with me but this seems to be even worse than the last election. Seems there was mention of RP back then, not much mind you, but some and it was mostly "Ron Paul and his supporters are loony" type of stuff. Even bad PR is PR.

Now I just hear crickets chirping. The MSM responded to the Stewart piece, barely, and that took about two minutes, then have gone back to the Perry/Romney show and RP is nowhere to be seen.

One really has to wonder about the people that own the MSM, who they are and their real agenda. I won't get into specifics, you can read all you want into that but it really needs to be examined properly as the MSM here is clearly fudging the truth, to say the least.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoony

Maybe my memory is playing games with me but this seems to be even worse than the last election. Seems there was mention of RP back then, not much mind you, but some and it was mostly "Ron Paul and his supporters are loony" type of stuff. Even bad PR is PR.

Now I just hear crickets chirping. The MSM responded to the Stewart piece, barely, and that took about two minutes, then have gone back to the Perry/Romney show and RP is nowhere to be seen.

One really has to wonder about the people that own the MSM, who they are and their real agenda. I won't get into specifics, you can read all you want into that but it really needs to be examined properly as the MSM here is clearly fudging the truth, to say the least.

Yeah, I agree. It's sad. Ron has more of a following now than ever before, and is doing better in polls than ever before, yet this morning after the debate all we hear is crickets, absolute silence. Not even a mention.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Isn't it obvious?

The elite just don't want us to know the elections are rigged. If the media portrays Paul as a winner, the people will outrage when they find somehow he doesn't win.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Well Ron Paul won't win, i can say that with certainty...so i don't think they are scared of him in that sense, and i don't think the media blackout is as big as people are saying really...compared to other candidates he is definitely getting less air time but certainly not enough to warrant calling it a media blackout. I would like him to win as he is the best candidate by far, but when push comes to shove the majority still won't vote for him.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

top topics

join