It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Have a Beer with ColoradoJens?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Can we drink vodka instead?

I encourage it Lysergic...I can picture it now - a huge group of ATS'ers getting bombed and ready for some serious debates...only the whole thing is thrown off when they can't agree on what music should be on in the background

CJ

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman

Hey buddy, are you kidding me?
Bring on the beer!
By the way, what kinds of beer do Americans drink?
Is it from a big monopoly, or more local breweries?

I like wine (less calories), but we like Windhoek (capital of Namibia) Beer.
It's brewed according to the German purity law.

Cheers, my friend!

Ok halfoldman, you're in!

Here in the states it varies - in Colorado and Portland particularly, there are fantastic "micro-breweries" that make great local beer...so many varieties it makes your head spin...in the big cities you can get a lot of world wide beers - most of America is Bud, Miller, Pabst, etc...

There was a bar in NYC I can't remember the name of that touted a list of 300 varieties of World wide beer...when you ordered some random beer off a 20 page "menu" the bar tender walks down some steps into a cellar, goes out the door and comes back about 10 minutes later with a bottle of what you ordered...absolutely bizarre and done without explination.

CJ

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I've given out more applauses to members who've disagreed with me, and provided good evidence for their stance, than to those who agree with me.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

ATS would be pretty damn boring if everybody around here just agreed with easc other like on some of those boring conservative websites you see out there. If nobody ever disagreed with me here, I would have stopped hanging out months ago.

By interacting with people with differing opinions, you get to find out the strengths (or weaknesses) of you own position and, often times, hearing how someone else views an issue helps to broaden your horizons and helps you to learn new things. I've learned a hell of a lot more from the people I've disagreed with on this site that I have from the folks I agree with.

Sometimes looking for an argument can be a good thing.

My beer is Yuengling BTW...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I've given out more applauses to members who've disagreed with me, and provided good evidence for their stance, than to those who agree with me.

Hopefully Garzok most here feel the same...it is interesting to see the reactions of some people when I "friend" them after a particularly intense back and forth...I can't see the reason for respected foes...I put those people in my friends so I can see when a good thread is coming. Thanks for the response - now, it ain't gonna be at "The Vault" but I am good anywhere else to imbibe...

CJ
edit on 27-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Right on ForthAnthem...without getting to deep here - wouldn't heaven get boring? Everyone is happy and agreeing all the time? Give me a good debate, someone who can give and take without flinching - I like having my ideas challenged - only makes them stronger.
That looks like a darn good brew there too...fill 'em up!

CJ

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by FortAnthem

Right on ForthAnthem...without getting to deep here - wouldn't heaven get boring? Everyone is happy and agreeing all the time? Give me a good debate, someone who can give and take without flinching - I like having my ideas challenged - only makes them stronger.
That looks like a darn good brew there too...fill 'em up!

CJ

From our human, physical experience, Heaven sure sounds boring as all Hell!

However, once our soul is separated from the body and we no longer feel the physical needs of the flesh, who knows how that would broaden our horizons. Maybe we would have access to all the knowledge we could imagine and would no longer feel the need for conflict.

Who knows? We'll just have to wait to find our and hope our soul is in the proper disposition when the time comes.

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Jens, you know I would.....we crack each other up without the beer!

posted on Oct, 6 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Jens, you know I would.....we crack each other up without the beer!

Thanks SK! Agreed on that. I am going on 3 months now up on the ole' wagon anyway! I thought it would make me more boring - so far just the opposite.

I also can see now how drunk people conduct themselves...very messy
It's nice not to be the guy with the shade on his head. Speaking from bastante experiencio...

CJ

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join