It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mind-reading device' recreates what we see in our heads

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

'Mind-reading device' recreates what we see in our heads

www.telegraph.co.uk

By monitoring the brain activity of people while they watched Hollywood movie trailers, researchers were able to recreate a moving picture similar to the real footage being played.

While the technology is not yet capable of reading our thoughts, it could eventually lead to ways of translating our dreams and memories onto screen.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Okay, when I read this I was super excited. Blown away even. This is an amazing line of research here. Of course as with all things, it has the ability to be used for wrongful purposes.

That said, think of how awesome it would be as far as dreams are concerned. You'd be able to upload your memories and save them as media files for later. I'm seriously geeking out right now.

Read the article. And watch the little sample video of their experiments. It may not look like much, but that fact that it looks like anything is astounding!

www.telegraph.co.uk

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

Hey, there is another thread on this awesome subject!

Can't find it in the search engine, but it was only yesterday.

Gave you a star though lol
edit on 23-9-2011 by EvanJP because: staRRRSsss

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Yep this is definitely cool...

Imagine being able to hit the record button on a special DVR before going to sleep for the night, then in the morning you could play back all of your dreams the night before..

That would be a big seller

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Better yet use this on politicians during debates... LOL... Now that's entertainment...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Right now this simply appears to re-create the image that is being seen through the retina.

Memories and thoughts are a completely different matter, and as such, dreams are way out of the league of this science.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
This is an unauthorized thought process!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hmmm, thought Police are coming!!

Seriously though, if this is what they are allowing to come out in the public domain, just imagine what they actually have? I'm sure we will find out in due course.

Interesting times.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I am not for this. It is an invasion of privacy and very intrusive. I really don't want to live in a world were even my thoughts and dreams are monitored. Even though my thought patterns and dreams would probably bore most....they are mine....and I believe it is up to me to tell what they are....if I so choose to do so.

Ok...now...go ahead and flame me ...if you must.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
As much as I would love to see my dreams played out onto the screen.. wow, that would be incredible.... I feel that this technology could be and would be abused... and it just doesn't seem natural...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Oh crap....Keep that thing away from my brain!!!! My thoughts are mine and I can do anything I want in my own brain, including Angelina Jolie ! lmao !

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

here is the first thread:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
There would have to be some parental controls on those 'dream machines.'

Agree with the comment about thought police. What are the chances they can do this wireless?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

OK, I think this thing is bunk. Why? Because our eyes, even though we don't realize it, see all around the TV screen. And our eyse dart everywhere. We see our hand whent it reaches for the remote. The rims of our eye glasses. The wall behind the TV. Bilnking. None of those things or anything that is relatable to human visual stimuly for that matter can be observed in those videos.
edit on 23-9-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thoughtcrime technology proceeds apace.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vaykun

Okay, when I read this I was super excited. Blown away even. This is an amazing line of research here. Of course as with all things, it has the ability to be used for wrongful purposes.

That said, think of how awesome it would be as far as dreams are concerned. You'd be able to upload your memories and save them as media files for later. I'm seriously geeking out right now.

Read the article. And watch the little sample video of their experiments. It may not look like much, but that fact that it looks like anything is astounding!

www.telegraph.co.uk

Its old technology, Our Goverment has much more powerful technology then this. In 1940-1950 their was a program called MK ultra, we do not know much about it but we do know allot. 7boxes got miss filed and wear given away with a freedom of information request. This is only a small portion of the documentation, most of it was destroyed. From what we know the objective of it was to turn human beings into robots via mind control methods. They wear able to make passwords so they could be triggered to do task like kill. That was 70 years ago, I wonder how many other projects their are like it. I wonder how much we know now with modern tech. I wonder what the Goverment is hiding.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by Vaykun

OK, I think this thing is bunk. Why? Because our eyes, even though we don't realize it, see all around the TV screen. And our eyse dart everywhere. We see our hand whent it reaches for the remote. The rims of our eye glasses. The wall behind the TV. Bilnking. None of those things or anything that is relatable to human visual stimuly for that matter can be observed in those videos.
edit on 23-9-2011 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Vaykun

It's just a recreating assembly technique/device, it's no were close to reading minds, it just interprets some of the process after the facts happened, really its just like plugin into the cords of the eyes and interpreting the information, before the information gets to them. It's just another interpreter of the signals that thoughts travel on, only by a different means will they interpret them.

But really the last thing people would want, is to be truly telepathic, and usually the subjects that it is implemented into always end up bat # crazy insane if it is pushed to far and they don't have a long lifespan, because they can not handle it, it is to much to handle. Really the curse of telepathy is something that needs walls to be put up, not only to hold on the your individuality and sanity, but it is required to even be able to function or be normal with such a curse, in this world.

Besides you don't need a multi million dollar device to tell you what people think or will do, because other then eat, #, piss, sleep and eat, and all that other stuff, then repeat the whole process the next day. All of that and the other stuff can be known by other means. And some of it is just plain obvious. If you but have the time, and take a little time to look at it as clearly as possible, and without the cloud of expectations, and the filtration of the ego, and get to know the perspectives of there expectations. Things become a little more obvious in what they are thinking about. Basically it all can be rationalized to pretty accurate deductions.

But watch under the guise of "games" not only will that which was considered impossible, end up being possible. But it will even be so probable that it will not be questioned or even thought of as being anything other then normal.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
reply to post by Vaykun

here is the first thread:

Actually, its here.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Amazing technology really. I always wanted to invent this ,to recreate your dreams on a tv screen, but lol
they have gotten there first.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join