It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone debunk this Liberal claim thank you ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikejohnson2006
International Wholesale Travel in Atlanta, Georgia. That business has, since we sold it done over 200 billion dollars

Really? 200 Billion with a B?
Is that you Warren Buffet ? Oh wait you're not that rich.

Ignoring that exaggeration, he is basically saying because he would get taxed if he wrote himself a check, he instead put it back into his business. So if someone holds a gun to someone else unless they put the money back into the business, it works the same way, so why bother with taxes when guns are more effective? (Sarcasm obviously, I'm illustrating how weak the argument is).

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by macman

The purpose of a business is not to provide jobs for workers. It is to provide the owner an income.
The jobs are just a bi-product.

Slow down there, buddy! You don't wanna go spouting off that anti-American gobbledygook!

/TOA

HUh??
Sarcasm?

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mastahunta

Again how are they paying their fair share then if they are avoiding paying taxes? You cannot deny to avoid tax liability they hide there wealth in the business. You know you can write pretty much anything and everything off as a business expense. Portion of your house, dinners, lunches, breakfast, cars, computers, maintenance, repairs, gas, and yet you claim we take less as personal income I laugh in your face. Hell a vacation is a business trip hahahaha. so ya it looks like we take less personal income, who cares when the business pays for all this, It's all paper work anyway. What you don't get is the contradiction I pointed out, you really didn't answer any of my questions. You claim the rich need to pay more but the article conceeds we don't grow b/c the companies ACTUALLY PAY to the government, but because they actually avoid paying, which throws a huge loop on how the government is going to be able to provide all these services when everyone is avoiding paying taxes.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Way to lump them in one category. And its great your calling everyone else a drug user too. So I guess everyone who doesn't subscribe to your way of life is some junkie creep? I guess if you don't have any money then you aren't smart enough huh? Thats bull. You can lean to the left or the right if you want, thats your deal. Go kick around in your little politics games like it has some kind of real meaning, lol. All this crap is doing is separating people who think they play for a team. Money and greed ruined this country, and this class warfare stuff is garbage.
edit on 24-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-9-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

Spoken like a person with no money. Am I right?

And get your sarcasm detector fixed.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Excuse me. Social Security is not an entitlement. I paid for my father's generation and yes, you're paying for my generation(depending on your age) and that's money we paid into the system that was designed to pay us back. You also have to take into account the value of the dollar then, now and in the future.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Franco8274

Yes, it is an entitlement.
Just because it is a ponzie scheme that you are currently living off of, does not make it right or not bankrupt.

While you may have paid your money in to cover those before you, the ones paying for you now are running out of money.

The money I pay into SS will never be seen by me. Nor will the money paid into by the people behind me, because it goes to non SS related issues.

If it is not an entitlement, then you should have no issue with the Govt deeming it broken and paying out no more money.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join