It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell is happening to Silver and Gold? Time to buy again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
WOW! Dropping like...well I don't know what it's like. Never seen a drop of approx $10 on silver in less than 48 hours.
For me..time to buy! I got in at 32 per on Silver and now it's there again.

Many here have stated a desire to get in but it was too high...maybe the time? (Not advice)

This is crazy...looks like a cliff edge.
www.hardassets.com...

Silver

31.31 CAD
30.41 US

Gold

1688.21 CAD
1639.68 US

blog.bmgbullion.com...

The value of the dollar is dropping like a rock and this video is to show how this is affecting the prices of everything from gas to milk. This is the first of several videos to show what is really happening to the economy of the United States and why this country is in a lot of trouble financially.

edit on 23-9-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Don't make that call to your bullion broker just yet. Its going to be a roller coaster of a day for PM's.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by jude11

Don't make that call to your bullion broker just yet. Its going to be a roller coaster of a day for PM's.

I would love it if it goes below 30 and looks like it might...quickly.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

My buy price for silver is $20 or below. I bought plenty at $18 and just cant get excited about $30. Gold has been out of my range for quite some time now. I was buying silver and building up to trade for ounces of gold but that went to hell after gold went over $1000.

Its definitely worth watching though.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Ha.....was in a gold and silver shop just yesterday and he had a sign saying "not" selling silver. Basically, this shop has been paying too much and is now stuck selling at a loss or keeping it.....and he is keeping it......

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by jude11

My buy price for silver is $20 or below. I bought plenty at $18 and just cant get excited about $30. Gold has been out of my range for quite some time now. I was buying silver and building up to trade for ounces of gold but that went to hell after gold went over $1000.

Its definitely worth watching though.

Don't know if it'll get to 20 again but who knows? The markets are doing crazy things right now.

20 would be nice tho.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howakan
Ha.....was in a gold and silver shop just yesterday and he had a sign saying "not" selling silver. Basically, this shop has been paying too much and is now stuck selling at a loss or keeping it.....and he is keeping it......

Smart move.

It ain't gonna stay here forever.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Many analysts are saying it could go as low as 1400+ in the coming days.

something smells fishy. Everything is dropping.

I'm outta the market for the day. Waiting for the Tokyo exchange to open Sunday night.
edit on 23-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Howakan

Sounds like they had no idea of what they were doing. My broker is happy to buy from me or sell to me all day regardless of the loss or gain. Ive been to shops where skittish shop owners would only pay $5-$10 under spot because they were small timers and just couldn't handle the swings. I avoid those shops now. It always pisses me off that they are ready for me to buy high but if I try to sell high they shy away because they are sore losers.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Maybe the gold bubble is finally going to burst. There sure has been a push all over the media to buy gold.
My opinion it was to take peoples money, then let it drop. If I had the money to invest, I would invest in things
that are needed, like water , power, and food. Thats just me.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
.... Maybe we hit end game. I think insiders and goverments/banks are liquidating to cover themselfs for some big news that will be coming out soon. Im thinking we are going to see some banks go under in a few days and they need the cash to cover themselfs for the loses.

what other reason would there by to still keep selling silver and gold. There going to get the price so low the CONEX will be emptyed on discount
edit on 23-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

yeah, I admit I know very little about it. A friend suggested I go buy some since the price had dropped and he feared the market was crashing.....so, on a whim, I went into the shop he normally used. Needless to say, I didnt buy any.

It would appear a lot of people have jumped into this type of business lately, based upon alll the new stores and ads for buying and selling of gold/silver i now see. They cant all be smart about it, now can they......

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The time to buy isn't just yet. I just moved some of my silver off the table in hopes to get back in at a lower price. I don't understand the sell off in commodities, but something is causing this flight to cash. I think we might see silver hit the mid to lower 20's here in the next couple of trading days at this rate.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Howakan

Finding a professional broker that just deals in bullion (not a Pawnshop or a comics/buy sell gold shop) is key. My local broker lets me call and hold the price if I see a low swing that I want to buy. I only pay $2 over spot which is not bad. He always tells me to come back and sell him my PM's. He loves to buy at any price. I think he can take it because he buys and sells so much.

Keep your eyes peeled though folks. This may be the time to get in if you haven't already before it surges back up to record highs again.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
it will surge back up. Nothing has been fixed in the world.... nothing.... This is a move to scare people out of metals and its not going to work for me.

I know the USD is done for a year from now and because i belive that i will keep on buying silver and gold!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
it will surge back up. Nothing has been fixed in the world.... nothing.... This is a move to scare people out of metals and its not going to work for me.

I know the USD is done for a year from now and because i belive that i will keep on buying silver and gold!

Normally I would be with you on this statement, but the thing that has me thinking that silver and gold might get held down for a while is the fact that the dollar has remained fairly solid in all of this. If the dollar was fluctuating too, I would say this is just a sell off and it will rebound quickly, but this is different.
I do think it will come back, but I doubt it will happen in a couple of sessions.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I think investors are selling their gold and silver to cover their shortcomings. So the market is currently flooded with precious metals right now. I think it will start shooting up again and that this is VERY temporary.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
European banks would seem to be dumping bullion to raise cash,when the big boys play the little guy gets squashed every market traded publically is rigged the only secure investment on the planet is self sufficiency.

top topics

join