It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Debates - Boo Service Men in Iraq, Cheer the Death Penatly and Boo those to poor for Health

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondPerception
There are a few idiots in the crowd, out of several thousand. Just goes to show how people think...

I guess 1 guy's opinion in a crowd of 1,000 would reflect everyone's opinion, eh?
edit on 9/23/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)

Sadly that's the way it works. Take racism for example. There are racist in every party so every party by default is racist. You see it here all the time someone will see a few people at a tea party rally holding racist signs so people will say the tea party is racist. Then a tea party member will start with the liberals are racist. People that do this are just plain ignorant because it's stupid to blame the whole party for the actions of a few.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I'm allowed to have it my way. Just like you are allowed the same privilege. If I don't accept your way, you resort to name calling and can't tolerate me and my way. I don't shove my belief system on anyone, and I only ask you don't shove yours anywhere near me.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Sorry, someone mentioned the word. I don't understand what difference you are trying to elicit from me.

If you mean the difference of being gay or not, it makes no difference to me what you are. Just don't tell me I have to accept your difference and accept your lifestyle as a normal lifestyle. I don't want my children to have to verbalize acceptance of your lifestyle either.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No, not God.

Just a relative

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

I don't agree with the lifestyle, don't have bad feelings for those who live that lifestyle, but don't try to make me agree with 1 or 2% of what the population does.in their own lives. I don't have to agree or "tolerate" such.

I am not bigoted. I am tolerant of all, but doesn't mean I accept all. I do accept anyone who wants to live the lifestyle. I will not accept the lifestyle. And don't want it shoved down my throat.

I'm allowed to have it my way. Just like you are allowed the same privilege. If I don't accept your way, you resort to name calling and can't tolerate me and my way. I don't shove my belief system on anyone, and I only ask you don't shove yours anywhere near me.

I am conservative in my beliefs and certainly respect others who hold different beliefs and ideas.

Perhaps I owe you an apology for the "bigot" comment...I can't deduce who you are via a message board but intolerant yes. You continually say something is being pushed in your face - what is? The repeal of a stupid law? Do you think we will now be flying the rainbow flag along side ole glory?

You CLAIM you respect others who hold different beliefs and ideas but your WORDS say differently.
Again, what is the big deal? Repeal the stupid thing and get on with it.

CJ

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I think you missed the message of the response.

90% of the Military don't care what sexual orientation the members are.

The fact that it is shoved in the face of the military member and the public is the issue.
The fact that it is pushed that you have to be ok not with the person and their choice, but you have to be ok with homosexuality as a whole is the issue.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

So because the mass is white, they hate blacks.
I guess the same logic can be applied for masses of blacks, they must then hate whites.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

"who you writing too?"
"My uh b. uh .. lover..."
"whatser name?"
"Well uh it is Neal."
"why you ---s always shoving that crap in my face????!!!!"

You mean like that, right? I hate that so much too!

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sanndy

No.
"I am gay and you have to accept that".

That is the problem.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2

If you mean the difference of being gay or not, it makes no difference to me what you are. Just don't tell me I have to accept your difference and accept your lifestyle as a normal lifestyle. I don't want my children to have to verbalize acceptance of your lifestyle either.

I mean what difference does it make if a service man or women is gay? It's not a difficult question.
It's not my difference or my lifestyle choice either, I have nothing vested in this.... just a desire to show how outdated, bigoted and pathetic it is to judge people on their lifestyles or sexual preferences, especially when it comes to their profession or their ability to do a job.

And I'm hoping by the time we get to your children's children, people like you will be a distant memory... a dinosaur that belongs in the past.... along with public executions and Slavery.

edit on 25/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Again, 90% of the Military could care less.
Do your job and we are happy with our fellow members.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by whaaa

So because the mass is white, they hate blacks.
I guess the same logic can be applied for masses of blacks, they must then hate whites.

I really don't know why you are making such a broad generalization and painting with such a broad brush. However, there are pockets of extreme racism
found in almost any political, social or cultural grouping of homosapians. We are relatively new on the cosmic block, not long out of the trees; and despite our technology, still a primitive, savage and tribal species.
We are a long way from being "one people" "one planet" or the brotherhood of man.

And rhetoric such as I have "I have lots of black or gay friends" is usually what is called in psychological terminology a "fantasy"

www.guidetopsychology.com...
www.freeuniquearticles.com...
edit on 25-9-2011 by whaaa because: f4f

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

With you statement of "White as rice", equaling that they must then in turn hate blacks.

By that definition, any group of all blacks, must then hate whites.

edit on 25-9-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The fact that it is shoved in the face of the military member and the public is the issue.
The fact that it is pushed that you have to be ok not with the person and their choice, but you have to be ok with homosexuality as a whole is the issue.

In that case, how is it any different than accepting someone who is a muslim?

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

In that case, how is it any different than accepting someone who is a muslim?

CJ

I have yet to see where a group of Homosexuals rammed a plane into a building, blow them selves up in the name of Barbara Streisand or teach radicalized bedazzling to their kids.

And no, not all Muslims are like that. I know this and understand it.

I don't want religion, sexual orientation or anything else forced down my throat, thrust into my face or told that I am wrong for believing in the opposite.

That is the biggest difference.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

To your point, there will be a vocal minority, sure - but you can't say a majority or even close will be that way - most homosexuals, I presume, simply want DADT to go away and just get on with it...just like there are heterosexuals who will scream it in the face of gays, there will be some dudes who throw it out they like guys.
If you are willing to die for the man next to you,who cares what they believe, even if they say it more than you like? A lot of people go on about religion and how I am going to hell, but so what? I wouldn't want to hang out with them on my free time, but if I know that guy will fight to the death for me - same to him.

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I don't buy the "few idiots in a crowd" excuse.

If you do not want your party or movement to be labeled in a derogatory manner, you should do everything in your power to be outspoken against the ignorant stuff. You don't see the GOP or Tea Party tripping over themselves to counter or stomp out the ignorant crap coming from their end, so people will just judge you by the company you keep.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminatislave
I don't buy the "few idiots in a crowd" excuse.

If you do not want your party or movement to be labeled in a derogatory manner, you should do everything in your power to be outspoken against the ignorant stuff. You don't see the GOP or Tea Party tripping over themselves to counter or stomp out the ignorant crap coming from their end, so people will just judge you by the company you keep.

I agree. As I pointed out to another poster - why didn't any of the candidates at that moment admonish the booers? I believe THAT would have won applause and made a statement that "NO I DON'T AGREE" with that sentiment - instead there was a silence of admission, we agree.

This standard should be equally apllied for the dems too...

CJ

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by macman

To your point, there will be a vocal minority, sure - but you can't say a majority or even close will be that way - most homosexuals, I presume, simply want DADT to go away and just get on with it...just like there are heterosexuals who will scream it in the face of gays, there will be some dudes who throw it out they like guys.
If you are willing to die for the man next to you,who cares what they believe, even if they say it more than you like? A lot of people go on about religion and how I am going to hell, but so what? I wouldn't want to hang out with them on my free time, but if I know that guy will fight to the death for me - same to him.

CJ

Most could still care less.

Most, being the key word.
Religion, sexuality, cars, guns, sports will be thrown around. It is a few that push it to far.
I could care less.
Do your job, back me up, and don't force your views onto me and we are just fine.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

It is still the idea that "I am gay and you have to accept it" issue.

That is the problem.

Not that he is gay.

I like guns. You don't have to accept that or like it.
BIG difference.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join