It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The GOP Debates - Boo Service Men in Iraq, Cheer the Death Penatly and Boo those to poor for Health

page: 3
11
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 




posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
 


off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift


 



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens
 




Source for the screaming on soapboxes to the platoons please or anything that may resemble that argument?


I laugh at your self-righteous crusade .... hilarious..


bigoted - blindly and obstinately attached to some creed or opinion and intolerant toward others; "a bigoted person"; "an outrageously bigoted point of view"


Not blindly, since I gave specific reasons, and admitted that I do in fact support gays in every other aspect of life. You sir, are an idiot. Anyone who disagrees or upsets your little progressive mind you flail about little words that you can't comprehend the meaning of..



Why wouldn't you shower with a gay guy?


Would a woman want to shower with a strange man gawking at her tits?

No.

I don't want to shower with a gay man gawking at my junk. If I know you're gay.. I know you like cockn'balls and I know you look at other mens asses ... well .. it makes that shower scene a little erm ... uncomfortable?



If the maj of the time they know who is gay and who isn't, why not repeal dont ask dont tell? And if someone adds, "Hey, I'm gay" into your conversation, so what?


Because you make an issue out of it! It's the difference of having a white elephant in the room, and beating the elephant with a stick. I'm sure there are a lot of closet homosexuals in the military who won't make an issue of it, because they didn't join to hook-up they joined to do their job. Some however want to flaunt it in peoples faces. Keeping in mind, those that serve your country mostly come from the Midwest, the South, and from rural conservative areas. Expect "bigottedness".



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by userid1
 




Really? Is that happening? Do you really think it's going to happen - and become a major problem? Or are you just projecting some inner fears? What a load of crap...


Certainly, it will be a problem if it disrupts those around them.. just because you like homosexuality, and I don't see any moral issue with it, doesn't mean that there are not many, many who do take issue with it.



If you support gay rights in one portion of society - you have to support it an all sections of society or else you are by definition "bigoted".


The military is not society .. it is the military

It's a job, and a duty. You do not have the same rights as a citizen, nor should you expect it.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by userid1
 




Really? Is that happening? Do you really think it's going to happen - and become a major problem? Or are you just projecting some inner fears? What a load of crap...


Certainly, it will be a problem if it disrupts those around them.. just because you like homosexuality, and I don't see any moral issue with it, doesn't mean that there are not many, many who do take issue with it.



If you support gay rights in one portion of society - you have to support it an all sections of society or else you are by definition "bigoted".


The military is not society .. it is the military

It's a job, and a duty. You do not have the same rights as a citizen, nor should you expect it.


You guys watched 300 right? It sort of dances around this particular topic. Military forces have certainly changed, and I'm not referring to handling rifles.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by neo96
 


You have to admit, regardless of your retort, these debates are showing what they are really all about - nothing.

CJ


Nope, not true. Perry apparently believes American taxpayers should give incentives to people to come here illegally by providing their children with free education. That is clearly not a conservative idea. This is a fleshing out of what people are really for. I think at this time, that Perry is for a borderless Continent, like all the other NWO flunkies. Forcing taxpayers to pay for the education of people who officially do not pay income tax is a travesty, and also a slap in the face to people who want to immigrate legally. People who sneak over their borders should not be allowed to use their children as a shield.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


Herman Cain isn't Atheist in the less. He still uses the term "Godless communist". I like Herman besides his little extreme religious stance and the fact he's still wants the Fed around.

OT: I think gays should be allowed into the Military, but I don't think you should go around being all Gay


I can't even finish that, anyways sexuality shouldn't be a issue in the Military no matter what. You shouldn't be openly hetero, homo, trans, bi, whateverhell is hip these days. You should just be a solider. Be as gay as you want after you get out, in fact be super gay to compensate I don't give a rats ass. As for the crowed booing them, it could be more complex than "I hate gays" it could be the fact that as my cousin told me now he's seen uniformed men making out in the parking lot on the base when show of affection is not allowed. Try telling that to them and I can see it turning into a big stink. The lefts going to latch on to that clip though, like the Death penalty one and health care one.
edit on 9/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: Doubling up, and singling out



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by Americanist
 


Herman Cain isn't Atheist in the less. He still uses the term "Godless communist". I like Herman besides his little extreme religious stance and the fact he's still wants the Fed around.

OT: I think gays should be allowed into the Military, but I don't think you should go around being all Gay


I can't even finish that, anyways sexuality shouldn't be a issue in the Military no matter what. You shouldn't be openly hetero, homo, trans, bi, whateverhell is hip these days. You should just be a solider. Be as gay as you want after you get out, in fact be super gay to compensate I don't give a rats ass. As for the crowed booing them, it could be more complex than "I hate gays" it could be the fact that as my cousin told me now he's seen uniformed men making out in the parking lot on the base when show of affection is not allowed. Try telling that to them and I can see it turning into a big stink. The lefts going to latch on to that clip though, like the Death penalty one and health care one.
edit on 9/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: Doubling up, and singling out



I mentioned his name in jest because it perfectly describes what he is... A joke. Anyone associated with the Fed should be labeled as such.

Anyhow, if we stick to GM soy and lining everything with BPA, we're going to have babies born like 4 snaps in Z formation. Then this whole conversation becomes a moot point.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by userid1
 




Really? Is that happening? Do you really think it's going to happen - and become a major problem? Or are you just projecting some inner fears? What a load of crap...



Certainly, it will be a problem if it disrupts those around them.. just because you like homosexuality, and I don't see any moral issue with it, doesn't mean that there are not many, many who do take issue with it.

"Certainly"? Is it happening today? Links please. Otherwise, all you're doing is creating an issue that does not currently exist - and to your knowledge may never exist. That's called fear mongering...
From a '93 GAO study: dont.stanford.edu...
"Military officials in all four countries said that the presence of homosexuals in the military is not an issue and has not created problems in the functioning of military units." (Those countries were Canada, Israel, Sweden and Germany)

BTW - it's not a matter of "liking" one sexual preference or another - it's a matter of tolerating them.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist
 


Ah okay
That was a good zinger though.

I guess I'm not as paranoid as the rest of ATS when it comes to the Candidates, don't get me wrong though Cains not on my top voter list, more of a low fall back guy. Anyone up there willing to keep the Fed around losses mucho respect form me. Though if it comes down to Perry/Rommey/Cain I rather have Cain. Lesser of all evils and that, wish I didn't always come down that. Hey maybe this election it won't?


edit on 9/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: Call 1-800-better edit, for a low interest rate on all your editing needs. Remove mistakes and insanity to a better post for tomorrow



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcupobob
reply to post by Americanist
 


Ah okay
That was a good zinger though.

I guess I'm not as paranoid as the rest of ATS when it comes to the Candidates, don't get me wrong though Cains not on my top voter list, more of a low fall back guy. Anyone up there willing to keep the Fed around losses mucho respect form me. Though if it comes down to Perry/Rommey/Cain I rather have Cain. Lesser of all evils and that, wish I didn't always come down that. Hey maybe this election it won't?


edit on 9/23/2011 by Mcupobob because: Call 1-800-better edit, for a low interest rate on all your editing needs. Remove mistakes and insanity to a better post for tomorrow


It always seems to come to that, or more recently... Which corporation rigged the machines. Your two party system: Paid shills and Lobbyists.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
It's was a pitiful thing to hear people booing this man just because he's gay. I wonder how many of them would be willing to take his place if he was forced to leave the service? There is no good reason for a gay to not serve in the military. They have just as much of a right to fight for their country as a straight person.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010
 


Here here! Now you will get the argument that "I don't mind either, JUST WHY IN MY FACE?" I still haven't seen that example shown.

CJ



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
That guy in the video was ripped
he should just beat them up.

That's what I would do if I had guns like that.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
There are a few idiots in the crowd, out of several thousand. Just goes to show how people think...

I guess 1 guy's opinion in a crowd of 1,000 would reflect everyone's opinion, eh?
edit on 9/23/2011 by BeyondPerception because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Originally posted by deadmessiah
What the soldiers are doing in Iraq is NOT patriotic. That much can can be said to say the least.


Agreed. We should not be there - blame the aholes who put them there...

CJ


there is no draft. each signed themselves into gun-toting slavery, perfectly willing to kill for money, history showing them they may be sent almost anywhere around the globe. i'm not defending WashDC a-holes; i'm saying personal responsibility and personal choice dictates where you wake up in the morning and how you spend your day, for the most part.



posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
So only GOP members were allowed in the audience? I could tell by the way they said "boo" that they were white, GOP, fundamentalist Christian, males. One was 31 years old, 5' 9", dark hair, a bit thinning, 172.09374 lbs. Another was older at 41 years old, bald, married with 3 children. Yeah I got all that out of "boo", like everyone else got that they were members of the GOP.


Seriously, they could've been black, atheist Democrats.

/TOA


How many Democrats were at the GOP debate? Why were they not booing more things like, EACH CANDIDATE? Why would you make such an insane argument? This is worse than actually acknowledging the OP. Your response makes so little sense that it almost hurts.



posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
What the soldiers are doing in Iraq is NOT patriotic. That much can can be said to say the least.


Wow, how observant. I don't know if I am misinterpreting what you meant, but what exactly are the soldiers supposed to do about it? Are they supposed to just say NO, I don't think I will do what I am ordered to...Ya, anyone can talk a big game online, but when it comes down to being court marshaled and placed in prison, I am pretty sure that they are going to do their JOBS.

Not to mention a dishonorable discharge. They will never be able to get a job, and their lives will probably be pretty bad. The majority of soldiers didn't join up so they could go overseas and kill people. That is a FACT.



posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by userid1
 




Really? Is that happening? Do you really think it's going to happen - and become a major problem? Or are you just projecting some inner fears? What a load of crap...


Certainly, it will be a problem if it disrupts those around them.. just because you like homosexuality, and I don't see any moral issue with it, doesn't mean that there are not many, many who do take issue with it.



If you support gay rights in one portion of society - you have to support it an all sections of society or else you are by definition "bigoted".


The military is not society .. it is the military

It's a job, and a duty. You do not have the same rights as a citizen, nor should you expect it.


You don't have the same rights as a citizen? With that logic, straight men shouldn't expect special treatment to get to pick who their mates are. Also, I don't know where you guys get the idea that gay men go on flaunting their sexual orientation. I don't know what military you're talking about but I don't think the U.S. military is Camp Sunshine like you make it out to be, now that's a load of crap ...or is it you do not have the same rights as a citizen unless you're a white straight male?? Why should I have to listen to my comrades drop "I'm straight" into my conversations? Same logic. If it's a job and a duty then why the hell would I care about who is gay or not? Just like you said, it's a job and a duty erm I think there are far more important things on my mind. Stop looking for excuses for you extreme homophobia.
You straight men are more dramatic than the homos in the actual military.



posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   


Last time I checked both parties have sent troops into meaningless wars for profit and ideology. It's not about the GOP or the Dems, it's about greed and a lack of humanity. As for the applauding sheeple, they are everywhere, worshiping their favorite politicians and causes, blind to reality. Such is this world.
reply to post by WoundedByHonesty
 


You said it my friend, greed, lack of humanity, and worshiping politicians. The three things that I personally despise and what keeps our human race shackled to a level of selfishness, hate and despair.



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

log in

join