It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The GOP Debates - Boo Service Men in Iraq, Cheer the Death Penatly and Boo those to poor for Health

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Is this really what the GOP stands for? The crowds love it and the candidates push em for even more...

Crowd Boos Soldier in Iraq

And these are the same folks who are so "patriotic" - ripping our soldiers - what utter BS...

Is this the platform you GOP people want representing you? How sad.

CJ
edit on 23-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
What the soldiers are doing in Iraq is NOT patriotic. That much can can be said to say the least.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadmessiah
What the soldiers are doing in Iraq is NOT patriotic. That much can can be said to say the least.

Agreed. We should not be there - blame the aholes who put them there...

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

This video seems to relate...

We can only hope they're done professionally!

edit on 23-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Source? you cant blame the entire military for the transgressions of a handful of soldiers... especially since we are building schools hospitals and infrastructure.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Last time I checked both parties have sent troops into meaningless wars for profit and ideology. It's not about the GOP or the Dems, it's about greed and a lack of humanity. As for the applauding sheeple, they are everywhere, worshiping their favorite politicians and causes, blind to reality. Such is this world.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WoundedByHonesty

It can't rain all the time...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Obviously you are a domocrat. Probably have never been in the military.

What the soldier was booed for was not because he is in the military. It's because he makes an issue of being a gay military member who makes his sexual orientation an issue. As one of the candidates said last nite, going forward he would repeal "don't ask-don't tell" because the majority of the military don't want gays in the military.

The majority of the country feels the same way. Why does the agenda have to be so "in my face". I don't agree with the lifestyle, don't have bad feelings for those who live that lifestyle, but don't try to make me agree with 1 or 2% of what the population does.in their own lives. I don't have to agree or "tolerate" such.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dakota1s2

Obviously you are a domocrat. Probably have never been in the military.

What the soldier was booed for was not because he is in the military. It's because he makes an issue of being a gay military member who makes his sexual orientation an issue. As one of the candidates said last nite, going forward he would repeal "don't ask-don't tell" because the majority of the military don't want gays in the military.

The majority of the country feels the same way. Why does the agenda have to be so "in my face". I don't agree with the lifestyle, don't have bad feelings for those who live that lifestyle, but don't try to make me agree with 1 or 2% of what the population does.in their own lives. I don't have to agree or "tolerate" such.

No you are right - you can be as bigoted and intolerant as you want to be - you already showed that.
Booing a soldier in the field and you have "Semper Fi" in your avatar? WOW. just WOW.

Also, the "agenda" that is in your face was NOT put there by gay people.

CJ
edit on 23-9-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
They booed the military guy because The GOP really doesn't like homosexuals and barely tolerates people of color except for a few just to make it look like the GOP has a "big tent"......... Token coloreds if you will.

Check out any GOP convention.....white as rice. Ultimately this will be the downfall of the Republicans unless they change for real and not just offer platitudes and BS. Perhaps they want an exclusively white/hetero party; seems like a losing stratagy however. America becomes more diverse with every passing day.

www.youtube.com...

I work for the state/local GOP as a media person and the racism and homophobia is more than apparent especially when they are drinking.
edit on 23-9-2011 by whaaa because: h4h

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Look whaaa, just because you like white rice and I like the brown doesn't mean we can't all sit down around the lazy susan and get exactly what we want...

Seriously tried for something funny and I know right now it didn't work...I figured I had to get a "Lazy Susan" in there somewhere anyway...have a great friday!

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

How is a link to msnbc where the audience boos a service member AT THE DEBATE not relevant to this thread? Why exactly was my post targeted? Here's the link again:

GOP debate audience boos gay service member

www.msnbc.msn.com...

I'd like my points back...There was no link from the OP initially, so it was provided in order to paint a clear picture.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
alrighty

"boo servicemen" when a certain group not gop in this country spits on them every chance they get except that is when they are gay

"cheer the death penalty" yeah when its called abortion and murdering bin laden

"boo poor health" i hear this alot but i have yet to ever see those people shout this pay other peoples medical bills

meh

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
So only GOP members were allowed in the audience? I could tell by the way they said "boo" that they were white, GOP, fundamentalist Christian, males. One was 31 years old, 5' 9", dark hair, a bit thinning, 172.09374 lbs. Another was older at 41 years old, bald, married with 3 children. Yeah I got all that out of "boo", like everyone else got that they were members of the GOP.

Seriously, they could've been black, atheist Democrats.

/TOA

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
So only GOP members were allowed in the audience? I could tell by the way they said "boo" that they were white, GOP, fundamentalist Christian, males. One was 31 years old, 5' 9", dark hair, a bit thinning, 172.09374 lbs. Another was older at 41 years old, bald, married with 3 children. Yeah I got all that out of "boo", like everyone else got that they were members of the GOP.

/TOA

Yes, black atheists go to GOP debates to boo at service men. Makes sense.

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

Are you referring to Herman Cain again? Watch what you wish for... He's ex-Fed too.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You have to admit, regardless of your retort, these debates are showing what they are really all about - nothing.

CJ

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join