It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this REALLY the UARS???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not a satellite expert at all, but this to me looks like it's going awfully slow for something that's being reported to be traveling a few G's

Plus, that looks like it's within a plane's cruising altitude. Not very far at all. What say you?

www.youtube.com...#!
edit on 23-9-2011 by Gazrok because: corrected title

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
edit :scrub that, i only saw the first half, just watched it again..

that's too slow.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
No, it's not UARS.

"Traveling a few G's"

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
few G's

didn't they cover "killing me softly"?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers

few G's

didn't they cover "killing me softly"?

Thereby proving again that it's possible for something to be so bad, that it's actually good.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I couldnt tell ,but it certainly looks brighter than Jupiter (as it's supposed to) but in plain daytime.

In my opinion the fact that it looks low naked eye shouldnt be conclusive, because the ISS looks like a plane on transit at night but it's 350 km high.

Intriguing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

No, it's not UARS.

"Traveling a few G's"

NO NO NO Phage!!

It is *travelling with a few G's*

Come on man know your hip hop!!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

No, it's not UARS.

"Traveling a few G's"

Why don't you share your infinite wisdom with me instead of just a 'no' and a puzzle icon????

It was going something like 17,500 mph, wasn't it?
Like I said, I know nothing about flying or tumbling machinery.

Is this a plain old plane then?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I couldnt tell ,but it certainly looks brighter than Jupiter (as it's supposed to) but in plain daytime.

In my opinion the fact that it looks low naked eye shouldnt be conclusive, because the ISS looks like a plane on transit at night but it's 350 km high.

Intriguing.

Do you think this is a satellite then? Maybe the ISS?
Not understanding. Thanks

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Change thread title to "UARS or UFO?" and watch the stars and flags ride the tsunami wave in.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

but it looks too slow for a satellite.

most are so fast you see the same ones looping back round the earth on a clear night

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarterthanyou
Change thread title to "UARS or UFO?" and watch the stars and flags ride the tsunami wave in.

Well, at this moment it is unidentified.
I wonder if there's a tracking program to tell me if the UARS was over Canada when this was taken earlier.

I just don't think it's a satellite nor does it resemble a plain. And Phage has offered up no debunking-explanation except to say 'no' (and of course a little icon 'dig')

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

Do you think this is a satellite then? Maybe the ISS?
Not understanding. Thanks

The ISS is truly bright at night and easy to track (the 2nd brightest object right after the Moon), but even with that magnitude it's not visible in daytime, so Im assuming it's not a satellite, or at least not one in its regular course.

I really dont know what can that be, equipment of some sort. Stardust used to drop its meteorite sample disc-shaped device, but it doesent seem to be the case.

Im sorry, I dont know.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by Human_Alien

but it looks too slow for a satellite.

most are so fast you see the same ones looping back round the earth on a clear night

I agree. So what do you think this might be?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I'd like to know why he just happened to have the camera pointed at that spot of the sky at that particular time? But given the way the object brightens, then fades, and then just before the footage ends appears as a dark object, I'd guess an aircraft with the sun glinting off it? In any it appears too fast and too low to be any orbital object.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
No way it is UARS.

Nasa has come out with a warning that the USA is
still in the strikezone. I got a thread on it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be moved from "Space Exploration" seeing the consensus so far agrees and has doubts as to what this is.

Mod? Can you move this to the UFO category? Thank you!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
That's Nibiru

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
To me it looks just like a high flying Airplane with the sun glinting off of it.

Thats my take on it

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
I'd like to know why he just happened to have the camera pointed at that spot of the sky at that particular time? But given the way the object brightens, then fades, and then just before the footage ends appears as a dark object, I'd guess an aircraft with the sun glinting off it? In any it appears too fast and too low to be any orbital object.

That's usually my opening question but I assumed he saw this in the distance and grabbed his cell phone camera?

I don't think this is CGI'd so I don't think there should be much emphasis as to why he took it but rather: what the hell is it!?

But good question though

<<   2 >>

join