Stafford Co. Virginia Student, 14, Arrested, For Dressing Like A Banana!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Nothing shocks me anymore. Everyone in the U.S. is now treated as criminals. Kids were once allowed to have fun and pull pranks at schools, now spontaneity is a criminal act.

I mean, we have schools using trojan back doors to spy on children after school and take pictures of them with their webcams... this country has fallen into despair. We are honestly no longer free to express ourselves as human beings (or mr. banana grabbers).
edit on 23-9-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

You are correct and I agree except that a suspension is a bit harsh, IMO. Those of us who can see how ridiculous this is getting though, need to continue to speak out against idiocy. If we don't, the alternative is that we accept and are complicit in this slide into pure unadulterated oppression. Again, IMHO, of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

In my neck of the woods, during halftime whether it be football or soccer or whatever else kids always come down and pass and/or kick a ball around on the field until it is time to start again. And when it is time they respectfully leave the field without even being told, they can see the timer ticking away. In all my years at the field watching the games and even earlier when I was a player myself, there has never been an incident with the kids coming out on the field.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
This is just unreal. In a real world this kid would get a pad on the back and congratulations for being creative. It's not like he went out and streaked the game. He saw a problem and fixed it.
Must wake from this nightmare...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sailormon
You don't mess with school mascots or symbols or couches.

What does a Sofa have to do with football? I thought you had meant coach at first, you being a teacher I figured it had to be just a typo. Then it was repeated a few time so I was wondering if you meant couch as in Sofa.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by paxnatus

He put on his banana costume and ran out on the football field at Colonial Forge High School during halftime, just after the band finished.

Yeah what do you think happens to people who do this? He won't be jailed for it or anything, but they still had to take him.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Nobama because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
In this interview they show a fragment of a letter the mother of the boy was sent:

"The suspension of ten days and the recommendation for long-term suspension through the remainder of the... school year are the result of Bryan having:
Disobedience of an administrator, disrespectful behavior..., disruption of an activity, refusal to follow directions"

The mother also mentions that Bryan has Asperger Syndrome and that the only previous incident at the school was his cell phone ringing during class once.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

Yeah, we better be careful of these "young savages from nice families"...check this out...

CJ

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Yeep. That was just like my days in high school. Thanks for that. Awesome

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Most of my grandchildren are homeschooled.I have 20 living
grandchildren and 11 are being homeschooled.Do you think
they need a public education to experience different cultures?

new topics
top topics

<< 1   >>

join