It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sold Israel Bunker-Buster Bombs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Everything is a facade

Like Iran wanting peace instead of wanting Israel wiped off the map?
Like Israel offering land for peace only to be shunned by Hamas because they want ISrael wiped off the map?

Or the previous 20+ occasion Palestinians have been offered a seperate homeland only to ignore it?

Like Iran saying its nuke program is peaceful?

Yup.. all a facade...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

You understand that the Bushehr nuclear reactor is fully fueled. Source which means that your proposed use of bunker busters is likely to dump nuclear fallout on our own troops in the region. Unless you are talking about another target? We are as far as I know not aware of just where the Iranian nuclear bomb making facilities are. If you look at the published information at the International Atomic Energy Agency web site on Iran they have found no evidence that Iran (who signed the nuclear non proliferation agreement. Source.

Israel on the other hand has never signed the treaty and is thought by the CIA fact book to have around 300 nuclear weapons and nuclear armed ICBMs which can hit the United StatesSource . Iran does not possess such weapons. Israel has wanted to bomb the Iran nuclear sites for years. GW told him not on my watch: www.guardian.co.uk...

Is anyone really buying that Israel is threatened by Iran? Is it not clear from their actions and words that Israel is seeking the destruction of Iran. Say what you want but the evidence is clear. Israel not Iran is a dangerous nuclear armed state that will kill, bulldoze, and bully their neighbors. Iran certainly has ties to Palestine and Syrian people who resist the expansionist efforts of the state of Israel. They are furious over the 2 faced treatment of the Americans.

I for one do not see who benefits from an American interventionist policy in that region other than the state of Israel and they have not shown themselves to be in serious need of our help. They are a nuclear power after all and have the most modern armed force in the region to boot. Americans should mind our own business and pull out of that region. Put the money we save into finding alternatives to foreign controlled energy resources.
edit on 23-9-2011 by wayouttheredude because: added sources

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

IAEA Chief Says Iran's 'Greater Transparency' Not Enough- Sept 2011

The director-general of the UN nuclear agency said today that Iran had demonstrated "greater transparency" lately.

But Yukiya Amano, opening a weeklong meeting of the IAEA board of governors in Vienna, said Tehran was "not providing the necessary cooperation" to be able to conclude all its activities were peaceful, as the Islamic republic says.

Iran 'not co-operating' says new IAEA chief - March 2010

Iran is not co-operating with the UN nuclear watchdog's investigation into the country's nuclear programme, the new head of the agency has said.

Iran's insistence its nuclear programme was peaceful could not be confirmed, Yukiya Amano told the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna.

Report: IAEA 'increasingly concerned' about possible Iran nuclear arms - 2011

AJC: New IAEA Report Reaffirms Dangers of Iran's Nuclear Program

•The IAEA is "increasingly concerned about the possible existence in Iran of past or current undisclosed nuclear-related activities involving military-related organizations, including activities related to the development of a nuclear payload for a missile, about which the Agency continues to receive new information."

•Iran has produced over 4,500 kilograms of low-enriched uranium, which, according to the Institute for Science and International Security, is "almost enough for four nuclear weapons after further enrichment to weapon grade."

•"The information available to the IAEA in connection with these outstanding issues is extensive and comprehensive and has been acquired from many Member States and through its own efforts."

•"Iran is not providing the necessary cooperation, and the IAEA is unable to provide a credible assurance about the absence of undeclared nuclear material and activities in Iran..."

Iran has been caught red-handed - 2009

Iran Caught Cheating Again: Pyroprocessing for Pyromaniacs? - 2010

Diplomats based in Vienna leaked some interesting news on Friday: IAEA nuclear inspectors have discovered that Iran has removed equipment that was the focus of an investigation into experiments to advance Iran’s clandestine nuclear weapons program. The inspectors are concerned that the Iranians may be involved in yet another cover-up:

Malaysia: Equipment Headed to Iran Suspected to Make Nuclear Weapons - 2011

Russia caught helping Iran build Nuclear Bomb

Worrying Signs Overshadow Iran's Nuclear Denials

Cant imagine why there is concern....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Good, here's to hoping they use them on the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

Humm, "sold".. seems our elites give them untold gobs of wet ink cash, then their elites send some back to military industrial complex war profiteers.. calling it a "sale". Nice scam.

Hell yeah!!.. more killing!! because its worked so well in the past and isn't a petri dish for breeding hateful & revengeful people, err I mean "radicalized" rad-radical rascals, er 'terrorists', worthy of a death decided by shadowy overlords in secret. Not courts.

..lol.. I think its hilarious one nation can't have nukes because one guy allegedly mentioned: "wipe" another nation off the map.. meanwhile in hypocracyland, another nation with lots of nukes, has a foreign policy of actually literally wiping other nations off the map... while at the same time claiming moral superiority.

Seems to me like the folks actively scrubbing other nations off the map.. see nukes as a threat to their cleansing ability.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Uhm... The reason Iran cant have nukes is because they signed the NPT as well as being members of the IAEA. By being a part of those Iran acknowledged they will not build nukes.

The agreements allow Iran to develop a civilian nuclear program for medical / power etc. The right to nuclear weapons is nowhere near those agreements.

If Iran has such an issue with the rules they agreed to, there is nothng stopping them from withdrawling form those treaties to build their own weapons program.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
We get nothing from Israel.

No products. No technology. No energy.

We give them Billions every year plus all that free military hardware. Israel "buys" nothing from us. They get it all free.

During the shortage of ammo a couple years ago the US was buying large amounts of 7.62 NATO and 5.56 NATO ammo from Israel for training US troops.
They also buy Israeli manufactured RPG rounds. for training US troops
And we get some of the captured newer russian made RPG rounds for testing our armor with the latest warheads

The US has also got the guidance system from a couple israeli missiles.(Arrow interceptor missile)

And after the 1967 yom kipper war the US got a complete missile guidance trailer for at that time a top of the line Russian surface to air missile system.
This was the same system that was used in Vietnam and Cuba and this allowed the US to build countermeasures systems to defeat the missiles saving a lot of lives of US personal.
This system was also used to test the ARM and HARM missile system guidance system during development
This equipment is still out at the Naval Weapons Center China Lake and used for training pilots.
and used for checking new aircraft to make sure that onboard anti air systems are working right

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Overwhelmingly your source articles site intelligence that comes from the state of Israel as the source for the intelligence. I think it is clear that Israel is feeling threatened by any other power in their region obtaining even rudimentary nuclear bomb making capability. They find Iran a threat. That is clear. What is also clear is that Israel has all of the firepower and military hardware to secure itself without aid of the Unites States. With about 300 nuclear weapons and home built ICBMs are the Israeli really threatened by Iran building perhaps 1-3 bombs? If they are then they should handle it as they see fit and the US should back away from the crazies in the middle east and wash their hands.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GovtFlu

Uhm... The reason Iran cant have nukes is because they signed the NPT as well as being members of the IAEA. By being a part of those Iran acknowledged they will not build nukes.

The agreements allow Iran to develop a civilian nuclear program for medical / power etc. The right to nuclear weapons is nowhere near those agreements.

If Iran has such an issue with the rules they agreed to, there is nothng stopping them from withdrawling form those treaties to build their own weapons program.

Like the US, or any govt, abides by agreements on paper.. please. All this UN/national garbage is for public consumption.. behind the scenes everything goes, until caught. There isn't one govt on this planet that abides by the letter of the law every time (torture, aggressive wars), everyone skirts the rules..

One area the US leads by example.. if national security is at risk, rules & laws become guidelines. Iran's John Woo Abu can write a secret note making it "ok", legal by local national standards too.. and frankly I hope the do/have, it would be freakn hilarious and serve as a huge deterrent against further aggressive wars/occupations disturbing Iranian soil / killing untold 1000s of folks.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by wayouttheredude

.......ok

The articles also are direct from members of the IAEA, and not from Israel.

Or is the IAEA also controlled by Israel?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

I love how you and others like to go off on the US and what it does in the world, screaming bloody murder that we violate CAT, the Geneva convention etc while at the same time offering up excuse after excuse after excuse on Irans nuclear weapons program.

However, your right.. Who cares about agreements.

Since you take that attitude then there is no need for you to comment on Israel or anything the US or West does around the world. I mean if its ok to hold countries accountible except for Iran, then there should be no reason to hold anyone else accountible.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

My point was that the source of the intelligence for the articles listed were from Israel intelligence sources. Your response was that this was also coming from IAEA member nations? What does that have to do with the source of the intelligence coming from Israel Intelligence?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

My point was that the source of the intelligence for the articles listed were from Israel intelligence sources. Your response was that this was also coming from IAEA member nations? What does that have to do with the source of the intelligence coming from Israel Intelligence?

The IAEA articles have NOTHING to do with intelligence. It has everything to do with IAEA inspectors stating Iran is not cooperating per their obligations for being a member of the IAEA.

It doesnt take an intelligence agency for the IAEA to state - We arrived in Iran, they refused us access to these 2 cites with no valid explanation, and continue to construct centerfuges in such quantity as to exceed the requirement for a peaceful program for domestic power generation.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
Good, here's to hoping they use them on the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

Yeah, great, let the Zionists flare up WWIII.

Don't bitch when the war comes to your homeland because you lust to see another country, half a world away, blown to pieces for your apparent safety/enjoyment.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Hi OP and all,
Seems to me if USA sold so-called bunker busters to Israel, then I presume Israel will use them. Iranians I presume would not be the target, just their leaderships' nuclear proliferation plants. Doesn't something need to be done there?

Decoy

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmedleyBurlap
Phun Phact: The nuclear-armed variant of the GBU-28 bunker busting bomb is the B61-11. Is this sale taking advantage of a loophole in nuclear proliferation laws?

I don't quite believe this is plausible but... I've always wondered what it would be like when a large stash of fissile material is subjected to some decent neutron flux. Hint: spectacular.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Iran is fully compliant
It seems you are only reading article headlines and not the article

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by GovtFlu

I love how you and others like to go off on the US and what it does in the world, screaming bloody murder that we violate CAT, the Geneva convention etc while at the same time offering up excuse after excuse after excuse on Irans nuclear weapons program.

However, your right.. Who cares about agreements.

Since you take that attitude then there is no need for you to comment on Israel or anything the US or West does around the world. I mean if its ok to hold countries accountible except for Iran, then there should be no reason to hold anyone else accountible.

History is a clear example they are not excuses.. but valid national security reasons. Nukes = security, and national security can't be hindered by foreigners and their perceptions... per the world police.

As soon as the US elite are held accountable for their crimes against humanity... I'd have no problem applying the same standard to any nation. Until then.. in the face of world police abuse, nations have little choice but to obfuscate, angle and pay lip service... ask Gaddafi & the 10's 1000s dead people in Libya what a great idea it is to give up nuke security.. trusting the world powers (inflated liars), so called, is a fools errand.

I applaud any nation defending themselves, and their people, against violent oligarchs & bankers who have been going around wiping countries off the map.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by buddhasystem

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by SirMike

I have to ask this rather dumb question...
Why would anyone use bunker blasters on a
nuclear facility? In my opinion,bunker blasters
+ nuclear facility = nuclear disaster.

In case the target is located in a bunker, any possible release of radioactive material will be largely contained, not 100%, but still. The ordnance will have to first penetrate a layer of soil, then reinforced concrete etc, and basically pierce the shell and destroy what's inside. There won't be a wide open crater or anything.

If the entry and exit tunnels are destroyed by the bunker busters, the nukes are rendered useless. They are basically encased in a cement and rock grave. No need to target the nukes themselves; seal off the entry/exit channels and... mission accomplished.

edit on 24-9-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Iran is fully compliant
It seems you are only reading article headlines and not the article

The IAEA disagrees wtih you on IRan being fully compliant. If they were, then explain why the IAEA supported sanctions? Why did Iran have a nuclear enrichment facility it never disclosed to the IAEA like its required to do.

Removing equipment prior to IAEA inspectors arriving is not compliance.

Being in possession of advanced centrifuges that can enrich uranium past the 20% for their claimed medical research is a violation. Going above the medical percentage serves no scientific / civilian purpose, at all.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

When was the last time the U.S. had a president of the U.S.?

J
F
K

His assassination was the coup that gave power to the elites. America has been hijacked.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join