It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Sold Israel Bunker-Buster Bombs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Obama Sold Israel Bunker-Buster Bombs

www.thedailybea st.com

While publicly pressuring Israel to make deeper concessions to the Palestinians, President Obama has secretly authorized significant new aid to the Israeli military that includes the sale of 55 deep-penetrating bombs known as bunker busters

-28 Hard Target Penetrators—potentially useful in any future military strike against Iranian nuclear sites—were delivered to Israel in 2009, just several months after Obama took office.

The Israelis first requested the bunker busters in 2005, only to be
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Everything is a facade
U.S. being anti-new settlements is all a puppet show

It's a soap opera show, that's all that is

But who's paying for these bunker busters?
Well Israel bought them but where did they get the money from?
Take a while guess.

'US budget cuts won't affect military aid to Israel'

White House, Congress officials clarify that financial crisis won't affect aid

www.jpost.com...

Not only is it a facade it's also a very dangerous one
If economic security plays an important role in national security we need to start considering this as a threat to national security.

www.thedailybea st.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Senior officials at the White House and congressional leaders assured Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz on Thursday that there is no intention to harm United States military aid to Israel despite significant cuts to the U.S. budget.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

People are starving, homes are being foreclosed, markets are plunging but all is okay, we can still give aid to foreign states.

When was the last time the U.S. had a president of the U.S.?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Good, here's to hoping they use them on the Iranian nuclear weapons program.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Well we can't have Israel start a war it's unprepared to finish DUHH....

This Still isn't enough to ensure total instantaneous victory so I don't think this will be the Ace in the Hole everyone is going to make it out to be but we'll see. I honestly wonder what's taking Israel so long to attack Iran
there has to be some key to the puzzle they are waiting on.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Senior officials at the White House and congressional leaders assured Finance Minister Yuval Steinitz on Thursday that there is no intention to harm United States military aid to Israel despite significant cuts to the U.S. budget.

www.israelnationalnews.com...

People are starving, homes are being foreclosed, markets are plunging but all is okay, we can still give aid to foreign states.

When was the last time the U.S. had a president of the U.S.?

This thread is about the SALE of Bunker Bombs, not the giveaway of bunker bombs.

Last U.S. President? That would be George Bush, born and raised in the U.S., unlike our current President.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
This thread is about the SALE of Bunker Bombs, not the giveaway of bunker bombs.

Foreign Aid is used to buy weapons dude

Aid can be used for anything, except for aid of course

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We have been providing weapons to Israel for years. How do you think they got all the nukes that they have? I know Marines that have trained Israeli troops. Don't lose any sleep over it, if Israel wanted to wipe out its neighbors they would have done it YEARS ago and the USA would be standing arms to arms with them.
edit on 23-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: spellign

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I have to ask this rather dumb question...
Why would anyone use bunker blasters on a
nuclear facility? In my opinion,bunker blasters
+ nuclear facility = nuclear disaster.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

Did you not read the entire OP? MA asked where do you think the money is coming from? From the US. So, yes, it's also about foreign aid, that's being given to Israel, to hand back to the U.S. for bunker busting bombs.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

It would be the only way to destroy them, the Iranians have moved a great deal of their clandestine program underground into hardened facilities.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Ummm that was actually France who helped Israel develop (a.k.a. gave them) the bomb. America merely looked the other way while it was happening. But make no mistake about it, Dimona and nulcear weapons development were assited by the French.

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
We have been providing weapons to Israel for years. How do you think they got all the nukes that they have? I know Marines that have trained Israeli troops. Don't lose any sleep over it, if Israel wanted to wipe out its neighbors they would have done it YEARS ago and the USA would be standing arms to arms with them.
edit on 23-9-2011 by BIGPoJo because: spellign

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I'm not at all surprised about the fact that our political thespians say one thing while doing another (usually the politically expedient thing for their own purposes). This is the way of the party... how else could they maintain assurance of continued power?

But I am confused... for a couple of reasons...

One:

To say the US sold these to Israel seems.... oddly incorrect. The US does not manufacture these bombs... they are manufactured by Raytheon Missile Systems, in Tucson, Arizona. The US spent about $30 million to design and develop these weapons, unless I am mistaken. It is called the GBU-28. (not to be confused with Lockheed Martin's BLU-109.)

So it seems more correct to say that the US did not "forbid" the sale of these bombs to Israel... not that "The US sold them." (Of course, how many congressmen and senators are beneficiaries of Raytheon's financial wind-fall I might ask?)

and Two:

According to a report on GlobalSecurity.org

A pair of chartered Airbus A310 transport aicraft carrying 5,000-lb GBU-28 bunker buster bombs staged through Scotland's Prestwick International Airport outside Glasgow on 22 July 2006 to refuel and give the crew a rest before continuing to deliver the bombs to Israel. At least two more flights were anticipated before mid-August.

This was in 2006. So who are we to believe... what does it mean when an international organization that monitors arms movements issues an undisputed report in 2006 ... and in 2011 we are apparently being led to believe "it never happened" by a casually-crafted reference in an MSM story during presidential-election season?

Just food for thought.

edit on 23-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Can't you see it's all a nasty little circle-jerk . . . we'll whore ourselves out to any damn little country who will buy our munitions and if they don't have enough dough to buy our bombs, we'll give them some so they can turn around and buy the bombs. The manufacturers of these bombs get their dough regardless.

Then the little backwater whatever country uses the bombs and we find it very damn important that right after they start using the bombs we sold them made by our campaign suppor . . . er . . . bomb manufacturers . . . so we've got to buy some more bombs from our bomb manufacturers so we can get rid of the backwater tin pot ruler of the original bomb buying country so we can put in place some "democractically chosen" leader who can then get some foreign aid to buy the bombs to use the bombs to get bombed so we can get rid of the backwater tin pot ruler of the original bomb buying country so we can put in place some "democractically chosen" leader who can then get some foreign aid to buy the bombs to use the bombs to get bombed . . .

Who really benefits. The frickin' bomb manufacturers who fund the political careers of the walking dildoes we call elected representatives who back this ongoing process of bomb economics.

And, collectively, we're so freakin' retarded when it comes to noticing what's going on right under our noses, we wave our flags and cheer at the parades and cry at the gravesites of our sons and daughers, husbands and wives, friends and neighbors who lost their lives so this stupid shill of an economy based on blowing sh!t up can continue on in perpetuity.

I gotta go schmoke now because I'm all worked up.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by SirMike

I have to ask this rather dumb question...
Why would anyone use bunker blasters on a
nuclear facility? In my opinion,bunker blasters
+ nuclear facility = nuclear disaster.

In case the target is located in a bunker, any possible release of radioactive material will be largely contained, not 100%, but still. The ordnance will have to first penetrate a layer of soil, then reinforced concrete etc, and basically pierce the shell and destroy what's inside. There won't be a wide open crater or anything.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
We get nothing from Israel.

No products. No technology. No energy.

We give them Billions every year plus all that free military hardware. Israel "buys" nothing from us. They get it all free.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
To say the US sold these to Israel seems.... oddly incorrect. The US does not manufacture these bombs... they are manufactured by Raytheon Missile Systems, in Tucson, Arizona.

So it seems more correct to say that the US did not "forbid" the sale of these bombs to Israel... not that "The US sold them."

America Inc. is reseller basically

As the article mentioned Bush Ordered the bombs, and then Obama sold it to them.

Not only that, but the question is what the gross profit in the positive or minus?
Did they make profit off the sale or did they lose money off the sale?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
They could also be very useful in Southern Lebanon.

Southern Lebanon has been stockpiling rockets for it's next go at Israel. Most of this are buried in complex tunnel systems. Perhaps the bunker buster bombs will be used against these fortified sites.

Israel is surrounded by people that want to annihilate them. Each skirmish is another learning experience for both sides. I don't think that it will be long before there is another attack against Israel.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I think that newspaper article is inaccurate because the U..S and Israel are such good buddies and peddle the same propaganda, the U.S. actually gave the Israelis the bombs as a present for their continued support.

"Here friends, some fireworks to use for July 4th."

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Phun Phact: The nuclear-armed variant of the GBU-28 bunker busting bomb is the B61-11. Is this sale taking advantage of a loophole in nuclear proliferation laws?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join