It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palestinians submit UN statehood bid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Been watcging it on the UN live feed, but not at home and on limited ussage (for the night)

How much longer does this Conference go for? days?

Will have my connection back tomorrow. Until then will hold out for what i'm after.

many thanks.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
the "peace talks" have been an obscene farce for 20 years.
a waste of time while Israel displaced Palestinians and settled 500,000 settlers in the west bank.

the USA hosting these "peace talk" is the ultimate scam since they totally represent Israel.

the world cannot even begin to solve it's problems as long as the bs of imposing American reality is considered diplomacy.

we need honest brokers, not empty suits like Blair.

bring in honest brokers, keep the USA out, and maybe something can be accomplished.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This is the last dice throw by moderate palestinians. The US will veto as it has to do what its told. However there will be a majority in the general assembly regardless.

Essentially it'll be Israel and the USA (plus a few others) vs world opinion.

Once it becomes clear that Israel backed by the USA intends to tell world opinion to pound sand, forever, there will be a resurgence of violence possibly sucking in a newly sympathetic Egypt.

Dangerous and very sad.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Great speech ! by Abbas

2 great speechs in 2 days

My Answer on Ahmadinejad Speech

Those speechs will change the world... the mood now is in revolution mode
the oppressed being freed after so many yrs of torture
and the UN supporting the rights of the rebels

I have listenned to the whole 35 min part .. all the people in the room were applauding all the time
and he really really made a solid point that ITS ENOUGHT
it would be political suicide for the US to veto this .. especially for Obama

Cant wait to hear Bibi speech ..
im already sensing that my head will shake left to right for the entire speech

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Now it's Bhutan.

Next is that jerk Netanyahu.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I can already tell the Netanyahu speech is going to piss some people off, including me. There is no doubt he will repeatedly use the word "terrorist". I swear he thinks he is a hypnotist. I think he needs to realize he is a hypocrite, not a hypnotist.

Let's all try and keep count, and see how many times he uses the word "terrorist". I wish I was home in time to see the Abbas speech. I am home now and watching that link, thanks

I have a gullible hope that maybe, just perhaps, the rest of the world may override the few who oppose this. Netanyahu, Obama, and Sarkozy versus the world. I like the odds. Hope is for suckers though

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

For someone as myself who doesn't get the chance to follow this (Esp being an Aussie0 i habe to say i really enjoyed the speech and felt uplifted.

Sadly some people don't listen to words but the demon inside their head and well yeah.

Hop i don't miss this other speech from whats his name.

Agreed though.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Netanyahu is speaking right now.

What's funny is that he talks and people clap but not even his FM claps... he looks very bored...

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Nutty-yahoo keeps making the point about the Palestinian recognition of the Jewish state, or lack thereof. However, wasn't one of the original terms of the UN mandate setting up the present day state of Israel that they recognise a Palestinian state too? Something they have never allowed?

As for Hamas (allegedly) holding Gilad Shalit in Gaza, well that didn't stop them raining bombs, missiles and white phosphorous down on the place almost 2 years ago! No thought for his safety there then. He also avoids, of course, the issue of all the Palestinians held in Israeli jails, including children, often without formal charges or trials.

And yet he speaks of fairness and democracy?

Of course he wants peace, only not what we think he means. A piece of that land, a piece of that other bit over there and a big piece of that Lebanese land too, the one with the rivers and all the water!

edit on 23-9-2011 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yep. Netanyahu is opposed to a palestinian state because Israel is a small country and it put them in danger...

Well guess what pal, it's not the Palestnians fault Israel is small. It's the UN and the zionists. Worthless argument.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
1967 borders would be fair enough.....

But Israel wont budge and America are their bosom buddies.

F the US and F Israel.

edit on 23/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A great speech by Netanyahu!

I do wish he had focused more on the Arab Spring though.

Regards, Skellon.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just watched Israeli Prime Minister speech. I'm reading a transcript of Abbas Speech here:
Mahmoud-Abbas-speech-at-the- UN--The-full-text

Netanyahu's speech mentioning the "need for strategic depth" confirms Abbas's statements about the settlements serving as permanent military outposts within Palestine.

The core issue here is that the Israeli government refuses to commit to terms of reference for the negotiations that are based on international law and United Nations resolutions, and that it frantically continues to intensify building of settlements on the territory of the State of Palestine.

Settlement activities embody the core of the policy of colonial military occupation of the land of the Palestinian people and all of the brutality of aggression and racial discrimination against our people that this policy entails. This policy, which constitutes a breach of international humanitarian law and United Nations resolutions, is the primary cause for the failure of the peace process

Israel insists on military control of borders that Palestine shares with other countries. More land gobbled for foreign(Israeli) military occupation. There really is no plan for any Palestine in the thinking and planning of the current pro-settler coalition government of Israel whatsoever. Netanyahu is flat out lying when he says otherwise

To paraphrase Netanyahu: "We have the coastal lowlands, we cannot allow the enemy to control the highground(West Bank)"

That's as close to a declaration of war as anyone can make.

edit on 23-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I just watched Netanyahu's speech.

Why does Israel have to be a "Jewish State"? Only Israel can have a Racist State?

The world is still racist and it's the 21st Century. Apparently Israel wants to have Palestine's Air Space to accept it as a State so they can fly in the Death Choppers when they wish.

The only reason Americans are Homeless is because of Israel. I can understand the Palestinians side. Who are also homeless.

I wish I had a military who would get me a home to live in. Lucky Israeli's.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Why does Israel have to be a "Jewish State"?

To perpetuate the myth that the Jews are the same people who lived there from before the Babylonian Exile. Which is not true at all. The Jews are the people who stayed in Babylon and Elam(part of current Iran). It's right in Book of Esther (creation of Jewish People in Persian empire).

The Jewish diaspora is the Jewish people, born converted and raised from among many nations, with no human descent ties to the land, only religious. And the religion is broad: covering the full spectrum; from Atheist born of a Jew, all the way to extreme militant ultra-orthodox which demands ethnic cleansing (primarily the settler movement).

edit on 23-9-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
How many American's have suffered or died as Veterans Affairs care was withheld to free up BILLIONS to give to Israel?

Even with alllllll the Federal Budget cut's they're telling Israel they won't see any cuts of the free Billions the US gives them.

Jesus have mercy.....in essence their saying Americans will be allowed to DIE (care withheld)....so we can keep propping up Israel.

We gave Israel hundreds of Nukes....let them deal with their own problems. And we'll deal with ours.

Why are we killing our own to prop up....a foreign State? It doesn't make any sense.

With the Washington Monument blocks cracked after that earthquake...I think God's sending a signal she's all coming down soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join