It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are the general public so naive? (2012 the end of the world is nigh)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I am typing this on the 23rd of September 2011, my rant today is about 2012 (The end of the world) i'v seen countless articles and proof that the world is going to end and we are all going to die on the other hand i'v seen countless articles and proof that the world isn't going to end in 2012 and we aren't going to die, but on may 22nd 2011 I put the news on the T.V and what came up was a priest saying that the end is today (as in 22nd of may) he was preaching about how "God" is going to rapture all the "Good" people up to heaven and leave all the "Bad" people on earth to go through the end of the world and it never happened. Others have foretold of doom for centuries and it never actually happened, who are we to believe? Actually alot of people are believing that Planet X (Nibiru) is going to collide with earth but really in my opinion you'd be a bit sad in believing anything on the internet with out solid proof from the pro's right? for all you know some Solar nerd could have made this up, well I don't believe it at all I will only believe it when I see it or experience it.

One last thing, NASA has actually proved that Planet X does not exist but NASA has alot of secrets that they do not want the public to know so who am I to believe?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

I don't buy into the end of the world crap. I simply go by what I can feel inside. I would suggest others to do the same. For some reason, some people have lost the ability to listen to their inner voice. Oh well.... too bad for them

As far as 2012, it's an end and a beginning. It's those who go around saying the "world is going to end" that ruin it for everyone else.

The above statements are all my opinion of course.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KnIghtWytchh

I think it would benefit your argument if you put quotes around the word "proof". Proof to me means irrefutable evidence to something. It can only lead one way or another. I understand your frustration, I feel it too. On this site it is either doom and gloom or 9/11 triggers debunked, then the 9/11 page doesn't really point to anything new. Some provide a different view point to which people jump all over the OP. It would be nice to have civil debates as opposed to name calling and bashing each others ideas.
As for the preacher, he went missing for a day or two, I don't think he gave any of the money he collected back, although I will be the first to say I haven't looked to deeply into it. I do remember for the second time he messed up his math and now the new date was sometime next month. Then the hype by the media and many regular people with the Mayan calendar just adds to the hysteria. Apocalypse if memory serves means the great reveal or something like that. If that's true, then the fear mongers have done a great job since with that definition the Mayan calendar doesn't mean the world is going to end, just maybe a new level of enlightenment or consciousness.
Right now the world is in another stage of turmoil, which doesn't mean the end of times. Just means we have to find new ways of working together peacefully.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I don't think i'll get my end of the world cigarette next year somehow. The universe will conspire against me and it won't happen. I quit 2 years ago.

Like you say, who knows what to believe? We've just gotta ride it out I suppose.
edit on 23/9/2011 by Grifter81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by stinger94

The possibility that we might be hit by an asteroid is not relevant to whether or not Nibiru exists. I do a lot of work on the asteroid impact danger, as you can see on my website . I also can't promise that you will live through December 2012; you might be hit by a truck. But I can say with confidence that Nibiru doesn't exist. Remember what Nibiru is said to be: a planet (or brown dwarf) with a 3600 year period, known to the ancient Sumerians, that will pass between the Earth and the Sun in 2012 and is already easily seen from the South Pole. That is flat-out false. If there were such an object, astronomers would know about it and have been tracking it for years. Thus "Nibiru" is a lie, independent of other things that might happen like a hit by an asteroid (or a truck).

I got this from the article I was reading on 2012, I don't claim this but this is proof that PLANET X is a load of crap.

top topics

join