It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I sense something is wanted from God which is not in his nature.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Just to make some things clear first. The first man and woman were made in Gods image but weren't anymore since they ate the forbidden fruit so we humans aren't in his image anymore. The bible states He sent His son for us to find salvation in Him. He is the only way to come to God again. The mediator. How many do know the true nature of God. The bible states God is spirit, love and light, no darkness can be in Him.

What is wanted from God which is not in His nature??

I just sense this to be an issue. Maybe it is there is something expected from something that is not real.

Do not intervene someone who does evil.

I think it's like this, people don't know God. God became a hype.

what now..

I sense people wonder if God really listens? But the image they have of God can answer them offcourse. It must be God himself. God is a living god. We must become humble. We must become alive!

Keep on praying!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

maybe he wants us to be like westboro
well thats what the bible says anyway

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

You need to elaborate, I don't understand what you are trying to say. True, Adam and Eve's form before the eating of forbidden fruit was different, not of flesh, although many will disagree with me, I'm just saying what is apparent if you read the books, especially the 1st book on the Life of Adam & Eve, which can be found here:

Life of Adam & Eve book 1

for anybody that's curious about the book.

As for the rest of it, I'm not sure what you are trying to say, could you elaborate please?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Seriously, I don't think God wants anything from us. He doesn't want to be idolized, he doesn't us to do things for him and he doesn't need our support. God is the mighty neutral force.

If you want to point at someone that wants something, point the devil. That's all he does, want.
And what he wants, I don't want lol

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I;m so shocked...are you suggesting human sacrifice?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave The first man and woman were made in Gods image but weren't anymore since they ate the forbidden fruit so we humans aren't in his image anymore.

I am familiar with the bible, but do not remember reading this, where does it say this? I have no bible of my own to look it up either.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

We have an admittedly jealous God.

He is not neutral.

He gives us the gift of everlasting life.

How do you repay something like that?

Live your few short years honoring him.

I have failed miserably.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by User8911

Our society is so dead scientist started to look for life in the universe.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by etherical waterwave The first man and woman were made in Gods image but weren't anymore since they ate the forbidden fruit so we humans aren't in his image anymore.

I am familiar with the bible, but do not remember reading this, where does it say this? I have no bible of my own to look it up either.
Read the Bible on the internet, that's what I do. Biblos.com is where I go, and you can find everything you might ever want to know about the Bible on that site.
I agree with you that there is no place in the Bible that says we are no longer in God's image. That is why there is a Genesis, chapter one, to explain that we are. If we are not, then Bibles and everything else is useless and we are worthless. Jesus came to show that every person has a value since we are all independent god entities. We just don't have all those god powers because we aren't exactly responsible enough yet to have them.
edit on 23-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Going strictly by the christian bible itself, and leaving my own opinion to the side for a moment. The bible makes it perfectly clear that man is continually wanting and doing things that are not in God's nature.

Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

And many, many more. So what is your point? Did you have something specific in mind?

The first man and woman were made in Gods image but weren't anymore since they ate the forbidden fruit so we humans aren't in his image anymore.

What!?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

How do you repay something like that?

Live your few short years honoring him.
By being respectful of how all the people you meet are who represent God to you.
God is not jealous of being God, because He made so many like Him.
What God does not like is when someone adopts a philosophy and make it their idol and the idol says to treat other people as inferior to yourself and not deserving of the good things you have.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
Seriously, I don't think God wants anything from us. He doesn't want to be idolized, he doesn't us to do things for him and he doesn't need our support. God is the mighty neutral force.

If you want to point at someone that wants something, point the devil. That's all he does, want.
And what he wants, I don't want lol
I would not go too far towards thinking God is so neutral, otherwise, why create the universe in the first place? God obviously wanted something and that was the ability to have people like Himself to share in the joys of just existing. If existing is not such a joyous thing, them God is going to want to do something about that.
The second part, I agree with, and I believe if we meet someone claiming to be God and demanding something from us (other that how we treat our brother god-images), obviously that is not God.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Maybe that what expects the unappropriate thing of God is the part of us that needs to die. Don't be demanding.

I've been hard to follow. Maybe I needed space for myself.

God is a living god. As his son was/still is?? the way, the truth and life! quote:"Know the son and you'll know the father.

First, there was Jesus.

May our prayers be heard ofcourse. Things seem to get to an end. You'll see. Put the record straight!

Saved are many, many saved. Living the new Jerusalem. Many are lost, many. Social workers.

last thing I said.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Are you telling us, that we have to accept the bible as it is? A canon made up by a bunch of decision makers in a town called Nicaea, who were forced to come to an agreement by the emperor, in order for all the branches of religions to be happy with, and dismiss all the others that didn't correspond with all of them? A book that was made up to bring all religions under one religion? Any book that contradicted one of the decision makers' belief was left out.

canonising of the bible + Nicea (please research more, there's tons on this subject)

I laugh at this, because that is not the whole story of all that should be there. Anything that they didn't want people to learn or know about, anything that contradicted what they were teaching the people, that was all left out, there were even instances of changes made, stuff being added, mis-translations, giving complete different meanings to words to what they actually were. You need to understand that the difference in language between Hebrew/Aramaic & English is very significant. In English you can have one word that could mean two or three different things, not so in Hebrew, in Hebrew one word could have a plethora of different meanings, and it depends on the translator how he reads it, to the Jews, them being raised in the language O.T. would be able to read the words in context, a translator would not.

This is the book that you want to accept as the whole truth? Let's not even mention the fact that all those chapters and so forth, were not written by God, they were written by people like you and me, from their perspectives at that point in time. For them, they were telling the truth, but you can hardly say God wrote the book of Mathew! Therefore the bible is a history book.

If you want to dismiss the Life of Adam Eve books out of the canon, fine, but then you have to throw out Genesis, based on the same principle. Most people accept only the bible as is, no other books should even be considered because that is what they are taught, but then I have to question on what basis are the books that are in there allowed in, and the rest not? I have read quite a few of the old "banned" books, some of them truly are very enlightening and sheds light on certain key aspects that people tend to have questions on. Others, truly do not belong in the bible. My problem is, that there are books, written long before the bible was ever canonized, that were left out, on what basis? There are quite a few books from my research and study on them, that in my opinion should be put back in, as they were long before the books of the canon was decided on.

I already gave everybody a link to where they can read books for The Life of Adam and Eve (and numerous others), where it is clear, they were not in flesh human bodies before the fall, I suspect that's why the book was left out. Read the intro to the book, when it can be traced back to, it's all there, all you need to do, is read a book that's not in the canon that should in my opinion be permitted back in, because it explains a lot. If you then study a little bit about the Kabbalah (which has nothing to do with magic by the way and not based on any particular religion), it becomes clear, that the books of the life of Adam and Eve, is true. If you're interested in knowing more about the Kabbalah, U2U me I'll try to sum it up for you. However, if you're a stickler for the canon, you probably don't.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pixie777

Kabbalah
My understanding is that the name means, things whispered. That makes me think of the serpent in the Garden.
I am not a fan of Athanasius, and I am of Arius, so I am with you on the canon thing which can only exist with force of arms.
Gnosticism to me does not equal Christianity.
You can read what you want but I use the Bible as a common reference.
I do recognize the translation problem so I look at the Greek and Hebrew because there is tons of interpretation in there.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Oh I agree, as I said, there are many books that are so-called banned, that truly shouldn't be there, the gnostics form some of those, but after reading some (not all ... yet
There are more 'banned' books than what I realized, I thought there were 7 or 8 of them, imagine my surprise when I found there are hundreds! So this is taking me longer than expected). that not all the labelled gnostic books are gnostic. I did a few of the books, then started on the Kabbalah so that I can do the Zohar, as it was my understanding you have to understand the one before you can tackle the other, and I couldn't make head or tail of what was happening in the Kabbalah either, so I decided to take a course on it.

See, when I decided to do this, I wanted to understand everything about religions, about the books, I wanted to understand why people believe the way they do. I felt that if I don't understand the Kabbalah for example, then I can't very well debate on it, can I? I'm doing this for myself, I'm not only studying the books I agree with, I am trying to study all of them, and from actually reading them, and doing research on them, I can form my own opinion on whether or not they are truly gnostic, as is being said about them, according to the definition of gnostic. There are a few, that are labeled as gnostic, that I truly don't see as gnostic.

The Kabbalah, and I'm only about 3 lessons into my course at the moment, 6 if you count that it's actually two courses in one, is not so much about things whispered. Not once, so far, has any of my teachers referred to it, as things whispered, they refer to it, as a wisdom, and a wisdom it is. They also refer to it as science, and not a belief system, wait, I'll quote my teacher's words here:

So the question from one of the other students was: "Why is the Kabbalah referred to as a science and not a religion? " Here is his answer:

Because religion is based on a belief system. You could even consider atheism in such a sense because atheism is also a certain belief, that when I die nothing will happen as well and there’s all kinds of things like this. Kabbalah doesn’t have any kind of beliefs, it’s about what I currently perceive in my senses now, and if I can change my senses to perceive clearly in front of me now, this complete system this complete reality, how nature works at its foundation, thus I can get into balance with and into contact with that. So with that I can see if there is such a thing as an eternal life right now.

If it's based on analytical thinking of our perceptions here and now, then you are thinking of this the same way a scientist analyses data, therefore, the Kabbalah is more like a science and not a religion, if it's not religious, then it can't be gnostic.

I can not say that I am a Christian, because to say that, would mean that I agree with everything that Christians have done throughout history in the name of God and that I practice the dogmatic training associated with Christianity. Same goes for all the other religions, I have no idea what that makes me then, but I am none of them. I used to be a Christian, but since I have learned the nature of God is not what Christianity teaches, that by calling myself a Christian I am agreeing to everything they did in the past in the name of God, and that by labeling myself as one, it means that I practice the dogmas and training, which I don't, I can no longer honestly say that I am one.

I have found all of this learning, studying, researching and no longer labelled, increasingly enlightening.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I grew up in an Arian church with no dogma creed or ritual. Well there is one, which is a foot washing which you do with others as a kind of humility lesson.
My idea is to make the rest of Christianity like what I knew as a child and as a young person.
The world keeps trying to push everyone into a regimented society of non thinkers and I don't think that was what Jesus was about. The NT makes full usage of the Greek concepts built into the language that is really an expression of its mystery religion which existed before Jesus.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

It's a good thing, teaching humility, but to make it a ritual, makes it lose its value, doesn't it? You end up getting so used to it, eventually you start thinking, "ugh, I'm not in the mood for this, I really don't want to wash his feet, he has stinky feet"
By then, the lesson of humility is lost. I get the point of it, but I'm just trying to point out, if you make it a ritual, then the point gets lost.

I really don't think you can change Christianity, what you are talking about here, are people who are extremely set in their ways, and taught that to even consider anything outside of their teachings, is to wander away from God. You and I know that, that is not true, but these are simply people who have not yet reached the point where they feel ok with questioning what they are being taught. They'll discuss it with you to no end, but try to bring a 'new' idea in, that they have not been taught ... there are stages, first they'll vehemently deny it, after proof it then throws them into self-doubt so they go talk to their parish priest or pastor, he in turn tells them that to question anything is wandering away from God, and scares the living daylights out of them with hell and damnation for asking questions, and they very quickly get back to the church's version of the straight and narrow. That Jesus taught that we are supposed to ask questions is apparently inconsequential and not taught by the teachers.

I don't think you and I can change anything, this is something that people need to come to on their own, we can not force it on them, but they will come around, if you and I can (and I was raised very staunch and managed to break away), then so can they, they're just not quite there yet, but they will get there.

P.S. you've given me a new path to study, I've never heard of the Arians. I would appreciate some links, could you U2U them to me? That will be great.
edit on 23-9-2011 by Pixie777 because: eta

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

I've never heard of the Arians. I would appreciate some links, could you U2U them to me?
It's just the concept of the relationship between Jesus and God, that existed before the Council of Nicaea was convened to enforce a new official version of the Trinity.
The war that lasted hundreds of years because of this move destroyed what was Christianity by killing all the hold-overs who were the actual passers-on of the Apostolic tradition. They had to recruit a whole new generation of clergy from the pagans to replace the struck down line.
My denomination was branded for a long time as heretical and a cult based on its Arian view.
On the foot washing, that is done four times a year.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join