It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

URGENT: NASA: U.S. back in UARS satellite strike zone!!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wWizard

Exactly what I thought. They should just throw their hands up and say [snip], we have no idea what's going on.
edit on 23/9/11 by masqua because: Edited censor circumvention

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I posted it because I thought it was humorous.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Why? The predictions have been becoming more and more refined.
As expected.

edit on 9/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
reply to post by Phage

I posted it because I thought it was humorous.

And inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've been watching it circle the globe on Heavens-Above, and this morning it was quite far away from North America. This evening, it is inching closer (last orbit in the 7 CST hour), slicing over Central America and the Caribbean Islands. I can see its trajectory changing and slowing. There is a chance it could fall in North America.

The last time I saw space debris was when I was living east of the DFW area when the shuttle exploded overhead in February 2003. I took a drive and saw blackened debris off I-20 going east towards Louisiana. The pieces I saw fell in the grassy median of the highway. I was amazed that nobody was hit. It was also a terrible tragedy which made me feel awful just to see the debris of the Columbia which was supposed to carry the astronauts home safely but blew up instead.

Best case scenario for this event is that nobody gets hit ANYWHERE in the world, nobody's property is damaged, and perhaps a few people walk away with a few little souvenirs.....In any case, I'll be out this evening watching the skies....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Stupid question, but...

Why is this satellite crashing down to Earth? Couldn't they push it out to the cosmos or something?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Irony would be if it actually did land in Australia again as we have already dropped one satellite there. Then maybe they will fine the US for littering again

The bottom line is that like someone said before. NASA has not one clue where it will land and they are silly for even making predictions at this point.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

Don't know exactly where it will land. But most of the possibilities are very wet and very deep.
They do know a whole lot of places where it won't land.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I don't know if this has been covered as I have been offline the past few hours :-( and am trying to catch up!! When this piece of debris enters our inner atmosphere and is descending very close - will the area about to be hit hear it coming - will there be sound? What is the estimated impact of said debris if it were to hit land? just a small pock mark in the area it landed or a huge hole the size of a house or bigger? What is the estimate that will burn up on entry? It's 8:48 p.m. here on the north east coast of the US and it's raining (again - with flood a watch - again) and I really hate to not see things and feel like I am having sensory deprivation going on.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It's been my experience that NASA is a whole lot better at being wrong then they are at being right. However, only time will tell. Not saying they don't know what they are doing just they tend to be wrong more often then they are right.

As for it having a whole lot better chance of hitting something deep and wet well that is true by a given considering 71% of the planet is covered by water and the other 29% being land. That definitely lends to the chances of hitting water vs land

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I saw Haley's comet when it past. I didn't have a camcorder to record it then. Man, I'm am I old. I charged my battery and have my handycam on a tripod ready to go. Just in case....

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
follow it now on here, it is going south. past austrailia now. link www.lizzard-tail.com... Link not working, but it appears that it is being guided, it changed directions again. Now headed towards the u.s.a

edit on 23-9-2011 by cloaked4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cloaked4u

link's not working

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by IamAbeliever

It depends where it re-enters. The debris may be able to be tracked.

edit on 9/23/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

How wide spread could the debris be?

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

The sat changed direction apparently. it is being guided down, for now. While they still have control of it, so.
headed towards the u.s.a now. Sorry about the link, it is being added to at the moment and getting larger by the minute so. Maybe it you go there yourself maybe you can see, so you know where to look. ok.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

How wide spread could the debris be?

I think I read 500 miles

link   
I really hope it hits US..Then it will return to its makers...

link   
reply to post by MoosKept240

The 26 pieces which are expected to make it to the surface will be spread along a line about 500 km long.
Not very wide.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
still above ocean and headded towards mexico. Here it comes.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Ok Update on UARS Sat.

I'm using orbitron
www.stoff.pl...

And Heaven-above
www.heavens-above.com...

and Spaceflight Now
www.spaceflightnow.com...

satellite.tracks.free.fr...

All have it at the same place now just going to past Mexico my turn to go outside with the camara and camcorder

Last lowest orbit point at 11 to 12 degree was about 148.15 Km
Orbital Period getting smaller 82 minute was 91 few day's ago

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join